The Student Room Group

My mum complains

When I'm at home she complains that why do I go on my phone or PlayStation all day

When I go out she says she's sick of me on the streets

I go out with my friends to McDonald's sometimes and she complains about that
It's just like I can't get anything right

I go out often on the streets to get out of the house and stuff then she sometimes just comes over to me asking what I'm doing

What am I meant to do all day? I don't know what I meant to do
Drown out her complaints with music. Doesn't seem like you can stop her.
Reply 2
I work as well this is my freetime I mean
Reply 3
Original post by urlocalinmate
Drown out her complaints with music. Doesn't seem like you can stop her.

I try to but she just does it
She just wants what’s best for you, but my brother was the same as a teenager and now he’s on track to become a lawyer, so I think you should live your youth. Maybe spend more time with her and offer to do the chores sometimes so she feels appreciated, but also reassure her that you’re just trying to be a normal kid.
I dont know your relationship with your mum but can you talk to her and figure out why she's so upset by what you do? I have a 10yo who spends his days on YouTube or playing games, it can be frustrating as a parent but it sounds like that's something she needs to work through herself and not put on you. my kid obviously is still pretty young but from a parents perspective, it is really difficult when your kid becomes independent from you and she might be struggling to deal with that. if you can talk to her, do that. if she isn't someone you can talk to, try to just power through until you can leave
Reply 6
Wtf

Original post by Anonymous
I dont know your relationship with your mum but can you talk to her and figure out why she's so upset by what you do? I have a 10yo who spends his days on YouTube or playing games, it can be frustrating as a parent but it sounds like that's something she needs to work through herself and not put on you. my kid obviously is still pretty young but from a parents perspective, it is really difficult when your kid becomes independent from you and she might be struggling to deal with that. if you can talk to her, do that. if she isn't someone you can talk to, try to just power through until you can leave

It's not that she just said I should go out more but I do go out and she complains

Original post by Jobsandsobs
She just wants what’s best for you, but my brother was the same as a teenager and now he’s on track to become a lawyer, so I think you should live your youth. Maybe spend more time with her and offer to do the chores sometimes so she feels appreciated, but also reassure her that you’re just trying to be a normal kid.

Alright
Okay, same bro, no biggie unless she’s abusive. 🥰
Reply 8
Original post by Presslyyy
Okay, same bro, no biggie unless she’s abusive. 🥰

exactly
most parents are just like that
but mine is quite extreeme and the beef we have
oh biy they are somethin
JF ZAK
you are not alone

Quick Reply