The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by seocor935
Thanks I'll keep that in mind, you heard back yet?

:rofl: He's been a Deen medic for a number of years already...
Did you get lost when you had an interview, providing you applied and got an interview for Aberdeen before going to Dundee? What's Dundee like? :smile:

I go to Aberdeen (got a dense one here chaps....)
Reply 382
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
I go to Aberdeen (got a dense one here chaps....)

Sorry, I misread. I'm in shock so really it's understandable :biggrin: I've heard the interviews are fairly relaxed?
Sorry, I misread. I'm in shock so really it's understandable :biggrin: I've heard the interviews are fairly relaxed?

It is much more of a chat than Glasgow's was. It will go smoothly if you know your stuff. Be confident and stick to your guns.
Reply 384
It is much more of a chat than Glasgow's was. It will go smoothly if you know your stuff. Be confident and stick to your guns.

Ok, thanks :smile: Sorry about misreading earlier and thanks for the help.
Reply 385

I'm a second year medical student. So yes.

You're a blunt guy.
Original post by HeatherM
You're a blunt guy.

Well I like to get to the point :smile:
Reply 387

Well I like to get to the point :smile:

Shocker, that :P
Glasgow grilled me in my interview whereas Aberdeen were much more friendly and welcoming. Dundee's interview was fun and probably as friendly (though seemed to focus on what could get you chucked out of med school and what disiplinary procedures were in place for med students...). As TSFMS says its a relaxed "chat" with no catch questions in Aberdeen.
So long as you have answers to "why medicine?" and "why aberdeen?", and a reasonable knowledge of the course structure and what you wrote in your PS, it'll be fine. Pretty laid back tbh.
Reply 390
are there any international applicants who already had interviews on here?
Reply 391
Hi everyone! Just phoned up Aberdeen with a Q about my application and just as the lady went off the phone she said "..and out of the 600 interviews we give out each year we've only given out about 60 so far" just incase anyone was worrying about not having heard back yet :smile:
Original post by LPScot
Hi everyone! Just phoned up Aberdeen with a Q about my application and just as the lady went off the phone she said "..and out of the 600 interviews we give out each year we've only given out about 60 so far" just incase anyone was worrying about not having heard back yet :smile:

Well thats a nice piece of news to receive on a Friday afternoon :smile:
Reply 393
Original post by ChangedMyMind
Well thats a nice piece of news to receive on a Friday afternoon :smile:

Haha glad I could help :smile: I'm in Dissertation Hell just now so I cheered up immediately when she said it!
Reply 394
Original post by LPScot

Original post by LPScot

Oh thank goodness for you <3

Made my Friday. :smile:

Heather x
Reply 395
2 question to anyone who can answer -

are interview invites received through the applicant portal or e-mail?

in my applicant portal i have one picture of a red light beside medicine pre-clin (2) but a green traffic light between medicine pre-clin (1), am i being considered or why have i got two lights as i onli applied to one medicine???:eek:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 396
Original post by LPScot
Hi everyone! Just phoned up Aberdeen with a Q about my application and just as the lady went off the phone she said &quot;..and out of the 600 interviews we give out each year we've only given out about 60 so far&quot; just incase anyone was worrying about not having heard back yet :smile:

You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!

+1 in all but actual rep.
Reply 397
This thread has been quiet for a suspiciously long amount of time....
Original post by HeatherM
This thread has been quiet for a suspiciously long amount of time....

:confused: Only the length of a weekend, in which it's very unlikely anyone would receive an interview notification...
Reply 399
Original post by Becca-Sarah

Original post by Becca-Sarah
:confused: Only the length of a weekend, in which it's very unlikely anyone would receive an interview notification...

Yeah, i was being daft. My "Watch this thread" thing was gone, so i thought it had been like a week and a bit...
I'm not the very brightest of bulbs...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending