The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Hey, does anyone have a link to or the actual file for the admissions presentation talk from this years open day?

I seem to remember someone posted it a few months back but after a quick look through this thread I couldn't find it.

Cheers
Reply 581
Original post by sortedguy
hi if you dont mind asking wihch part of the uk are you from? as i live in england and dont know anyone in england that has recieced an interview for aberdeen yet....

I'm from the most northerly part of Scotland - Shetland! So not much help with your England query :smile:
Original post by LPScot
I'm from the most northerly part of Scotland - Shetland! So not much help with your England query :smile:

ahh, thanks alot :smile: and good luck for your interview!
hi if you dont mind asking wihch part of the uk are you from? as i live in england and dont know anyone in england that has recieced an interview for aberdeen yet....

im from england and have heard nothing apart from a x mas card....
Original post by sheen-bean
im from england and have heard nothing apart from a x mas card....

Same here... Merry Christmas everyone :smile:
Original post by Metastasis
Same here... Merry Christmas everyone :smile:

you too!!
Reply 586
Got an email from aberdeen advertising "Study Aberdeen Lonely Planet iphone App" on itunes.... :P
Reply 587
Original post by leezee
Got an email from aberdeen advertising "Study Aberdeen Lonely Planet iphone App" on itunes.... :P

Me too, was so excited thinking it was an interview ,I downloaded it out of interest anyway. Never realised Aberdeen university was so old.
Original post by Suzi_
Me too, was so excited thinking it was an interview ,I downloaded it out of interest anyway. Never realised Aberdeen university was so old.

Oldest chair of medicine in the world actually...

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/medicine/prospective/aberdeen/
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Oldest chair of medicine in the world actually...

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/medicine/prospective/aberdeen/

It's supposed to be a bit more specific than that, isn't it? In the english-speaking world, perhaps?
Original post by Becca-Sarah
It's supposed to be a bit more specific than that, isn't it? In the english-speaking world, perhaps?

Probably.
Reply 591
I abserloutly hate waiting :frown:
When do Aberdeen give out rejections?

I'm from the north-west, pretty near manchester, and I had an interview early December. When I was at my Newcastle Interview there were a couple of people from Northern Ireland who had Interviews at Aberdeen too. I don't really think they go off location.
Original post by medicinemm
I'm from the north-west, pretty near manchester, and I had an interview early December. When I was at my Newcastle Interview there were a couple of people from Northern Ireland who had Interviews at Aberdeen too. I don't really think they go off location.

The order of interviews for Aberdeen tend to be broadly based on geographical location actually (as far as we can work out). That being said there are always exceptions, if you haven't been rejected you are still in the game :smile:
Reply 594

The order of interviews for Aberdeen tend to be broadly based on geographical location actually (as far as we can work out). That being said there are always exceptions, if you haven't been rejected you are still in the game :smile:

When did you get yours btw? :smile:
Original post by HeatherM
When did you get yours btw? :smile:

My interview was in mid March, notification late February I think :s-smilie:
anyone know how long roughly the tour takes?
Reply 597
The order of interviews for Aberdeen tend to be broadly based on geographical location

Well Isn't that just unfortunate, I'm from Canada. :nooo:
Original post by medicinemm

hi, if you dont mind telling me what did you get in ur gcses and ukcat? also predicted a level grades? thanks :smile:
Original post by Samy
Well Isn't that just unfortunate, I'm from Canada. :nooo:

I didn't say what the order was :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending