Meaning what exactly?
Reply 241
Original post by Fires
Meaning what exactly?

I believe he means that he would engage in sexual intercourse with her.:bunny:
Reply 242
Original post by cid

Interesting that he has 7 +bars. Something about the general intellectual level on TSR?
Original post by Fires

Original post by Fires
Interesting that he has 7 +bars. Something about the general intellectual level on TSR?

She'd get my 6 bars.
Reply 244
Original post by yoyo462001
She'd get my 6 bars.

Yes and you have a lot of green too. Just fancy! Who would have thought.
Original post by cid

Can I just ask what's with the bunny and why is he dancing?
Reply 246
Original post by issyconnor
Can I just ask what's with the bunny and why is he dancing?

No you cannot...

what?
:sigh:
Original post by cid
No you cannot...

what?

What??
Reply 249
Original post by stanmoor
Whether she's found guilty or not, it's too late - the damage is done. All anybody has to do is type her name into Google and the first result is about her looting. An employer will bin her application as soon as they see that, they won't waste their time seeing if she was found guilty/not guilty etc.

Well, she'll either get a criminal record or not, but she could always change her name.

Has she been sentenced yet?
Original post by Fusion
Well, she'll either get a criminal record or not, but she could always change her name.

Has she been sentenced yet?

Been delayed till Sept I think. Yeah, she could change her name, but on CRB forms etc you have to put any previous names you've had - her arrest will show on an enhanced CRB etc. Doubtful she'll get a degree too if she gets sentenced.
Original post by SophiaKeuning
What an idiot. How the hell did she get into Exeter? Without her private education, she'd obviously be thick as.

Don't you mean, her grammar school education?

Don't insult private schools.
Reply 252
It sounds a good, nice school from the previous contributors on the thread who go there. I don't think we can blame the school.

I am still waiting to hear more in this case, it will be interesting. From reports in the papers, it sounds as if she had dropped out from her usual circle of friends at Exeter and was hanging around with a bad lot.
Original post by No Future
Don't you mean, her grammar school education?

Don't insult private schools.

I've already been through this with someone else. :rolleyes:
And why not? I'll insult what I deem necessary to be insulted. Or if I'm in a bad mood, I'll insult everything.
Reply 254
Original post by LittleRed194
I know that this is only going to get me attacked on here, but i'll say it anyway...

It's this sort of ignorance that really riles me. "oh, from the papers....so i know." There has been no change in her circle of friends, the people who are tossing her dignity about and commenting in the papers are not close enough to be her real friends and reliable sources.

For those people who are picking apart those who are trying to defend her, asking them to justify how well they know her - you don't know her at all, and yet you have the right to mercilessly cast judgement. People who know her say its unlikely to be as it is being portrayed as it's so out of character - I know it takes the fun out of beating down someone you don't know, but maybe its actually true.

I guess we'll see in September.

Actually I'm trying not to make judgements but most people here are simply repeating and discussing the media reports. If you know more in a concrete way, eg, you know her, or are at Exeter with her, perhaps you should rebalance things by saying. If you can't or won't, or you simply don't know her well and are just guessing like the rest of us, then you don't have a point.
So she's been found guilty then. I must admit, I was a little surprised at the verdict. I thought her story of being raped and acting under duress was something that would see her walk free, regardless of being true or not! I reckon she'll get a jail sentence for under a year...
Original post by stanmoor
So she's been found guilty then. I must admit, I was a little surprised at the verdict. I thought her story of being raped and acting under duress was something that would see her walk free, regardless of being true or not! I reckon she'll get a jail sentence for under a year...

It was clearly a cock and bull story.
Reply 257
What is this supposed to prove? That rich people are still people? Or that poor people are still people?

Or that all humans are bad?
Reply 258
Lets be honest, she only got away with it because she's upper middle class with a nice house and well connected and rich parents, who undoubtedly string pulled to spare her a guilty verdict.
Original post by bbq1948
Laura Johnson, the 19-year-old daughter of a successful company director. She lives in a detached converted farmhouse in Orpington, Kent, with extensive grounds and a tennis court.

She is an English and Italian undergraduate at Exeter, favourite of the Boden-wearing classes. Before that, she attended St Olave’s Grammar, the fourth-best state school in the country, and its sister school, Newstead Wood, gaining nine GCSE A grades and four A*s.

At St Olave’s, she studied A-levels in French, English literature, geography and classical civilisation. Yesterday, at Highbury, she was accused of something slightly less civilised looting the Charlton Curry’s superstore of electrical goods worth £5,000.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8694494/UK-riots-David-Cameron-condemns-sick-society-as-grammar-school-girl-in-court-over-riots.html

I don't think she should be treated any different to those already convicted. I thought that it was mildly petty and pathetic, that she changed her story several times, cited at one point that she had been forced to participate and held under duress, even though CCTV footage shows her smiling with her captors, and then she claimed she had mental health issues and then cited that her friend/captor (apparently a known crack dealer) was offering her support for whatever issues, and then finally she used her glowing character reference of being a straight-A student and lovely Caucasian girl from a lovely family living in a lovely part of suburbia called Orpington (that's where I'm from too ;-P), in order to wriggle out of a possible conviction or a subsequent lengthy sentence.

She might be a lovely person, who is passionate about life, but she shouldn't have done what she did, and I think it's beggar's belief that she tried to escape sentencing through a pity plea and trying to essential deceive the court, and so she should be sentenced according to the severity of the offence and in context with the punishments of other riot offenders

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending