The Student Room Group

What do you do...?

Hi,

I am hoping there are some of you who had to undergo the appeal process in the past or are in fact in the middle of doing so.

I am hoping to appeal for two of my higher subjects that I sat last year -

Higher English and Higher French.

For both of these subjects I achieved an 'A' in my prelim, but in the final exam I got a 'B' for English and a 'C' for French.

Therefore, I am really wanting to get a better grade because these were not only two of my favourite subjects, but two of my best.

What I am getting worried about is that this is the first time I will be appealing, but I have no idea who on earth you have to speak to about it, what you say, etc...
There are so many questions, so anyone who can give advice from previous experiences or simply have knowledge about it please help me. :s-smilie:

Thanks.
your class teacher, your head of year, guidance counsellor, department head any of the above
Reply 2
I'm pretty sure that it's your teacher who decides whether they will put an appeal for you or not. You can talk to them, whether they will do it, yeah, but you can't appeal yourself.

I'm basically in the same situation :L
Reply 3
My understanding is that you can only get an increase by one grade if your appeal is sucessful (i.e. you may get the B in English bumped up to an A, but I think the best you can get by sucessfully appealing a C in French is a B). Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 4
There's not much you can do. You have to phone the school and tell them you want to appeal, which should be ok. They'll then gather together all your evidence that you should have a higher grade and send it off to the SQA who'll examine the evidence including your final exam papers. The SQA should get back to you in October/November (assuming it isn't an emergency appeal - which it would be if you need the grade for going to university this year, in which case you should tell your teacher this and it will be sent off for emergency appeal and they'll get back to you within the month).

So there isn't much you can do, you just have to contact the school to tell them you want to appeal then the rest is up to them and the SQA. Good luck with your appeals :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending