The Student Room Group

Should I defer if I don't get the results for my firm - law.

If my results are not as good as I hoped, I need AAA to get into the University of Exeter for law, should I defer and re-sit a few exams and re-apply the following year but face £9,000 a year? My insurance is the University of Surrey (ABB for law) but I’m not sure if I’d be happy in Surrey knowing that I had the option to get better grades and possibly a better career or is exeter not that better than surrey?
Reply 1
Original post by jrules0193
If my results are not as good as I hoped, I need AAA to get into the University of Exeter for law, should I defer and re-sit a few exams and re-apply the following year but face £9,000 a year? My insurance is the University of Surrey (ABB for law) but I’m not sure if I’d be happy in Surrey knowing that I had the option to get better grades and possibly a better career or is exeter not that better than surrey?

Don't you need AAB for exeter?
Reply 2
If only that were true. They say AAA-AAB typical offer but I'm pretty sure most people got offered AAA.
I doubt that the difference is worth the price you would have to pay for it, but only you can decide that. Wait and see what advice you get on here and listen to that little voice in your head which is disappointed when you get one answer or the other. Then you'll know what you really want to do.
If only that were true. They say AAA-AAB typical offer but I'm pretty sure most people got offered AAA.

That was the same for English literature too.

Why don't you visit Surrey again before you make a decision? If you truly can't see yourself being happy/fulfilled there then go ahead and defer the year. It's really weird how much one grade can matter, isn't it? Anyway, good luck and I bet you'll get into Exeter anyway :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by TheSmithsIndeed
That was the same for English literature too.

Why don't you visit Surrey again before you make a decision? If you truly can't see yourself being happy/fulfilled there then go ahead and defer the year. It's really weird how much one grade can matter, isn't it? Anyway, good luck and I bet you'll get into Exeter anyway :smile:

I didn't get into Exeter... but I got into Surrey :smile: I've decided to go to surrey partly because of the fee hike next year and that it's still a "good" university. You think a good decision? Would a 1st from Surrey beat a 2.1 from Exeter for law you think?
Reply 6
I didn't get into Exeter... but I got into Surrey :smile: I've decided to go to surrey partly because of the fee hike next year and that it's still a "good" university. You think a good decision? Would a 1st from Surrey beat a 2.1 from Exeter for law you think?

well done..yes definitely. get a 1st at surrey!!! that would be fab

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending