The Student Room Group

Remarked result, what to do? Help!

Recently I have just had my remarked result come back and have now met the conditional offer of my firm A*AA (which already rejected me but when I originally called they said to just send them my new remarked result before the 31st should the remark be successful which I have ) and my assurance AAA(which haven’t rejected me and is still deciding on whether to give me the place as I had A star ABB before), I have asked my school to email my firm my new grade (A*AAB)and have called them but because it’s a new course they were unclear about when I would hear back or the procedure on what to do next. At this point should I also email my new result to my assurance just in case my firm doesn’t honour my place?
Reply 1
I would let them know just to be on the safe side! Congratulations on the grade increase, what exam board if you don't mind me asking (waiting on a remark myself) , good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by emmap27x
I would let them know just to be on the safe side! Congratulations on the grade increase, what exam board if you don't mind me asking (waiting on a remark myself) , good luck.

It was economics edexcel, I sent 3 papers in, first one took 3 days, second 2 and last one not even 1 day this was priority remark not sure about non priority sorry
Reply 3
Email both Unis - they will automatically get a grade update from UCAS but this can take several days and may not actually spot the changed grade.
Reply 4
do unis usually honor their offer for courses if remark are successful? For top unis like IC and UCL they might have loads of people they have offered places for so they might not? does anyone know?
Reply 5
cuz remarks that lead to grade going up is really not the students fault so it would be a bummer if universities dont honour their place because edexcel or aqa decide to pay very little per paper which lead to mistakes in marking
Reply 6
Original post by Shiraori
do unis usually honor their offer for courses if remark are successful? For top unis like IC and UCL they might have loads of people they have offered places for so they might not? does anyone know?

They will honour the offer if you now meet the entry requirements. Some oversubscribed Unis may ask you to defer your place to 2024 entry - because this year's course is now 'full' - but they will email you about this if its necessary.
Hello there, I'm in a similar situation how long would I usually have to wait to receive a response via email.

Original post by McGinger
Email both Unis - they will automatically get a grade update from UCAS but this can take several days and may not actually spot the changed grade.
Reply 8
Original post by Lastminuterev1
Hello there, I'm in a similar situation how long would I usually have to wait to receive a response via email.

Every Uni is different but hey will do it as soon as they can.
Original post by McGinger
Every Uni is different but hey will do it as soon as they can.

Thank you for your reply!
So a 1-2 week response time would be reasonable right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending