The Student Room Group

Getting into dentistry with bad AS levels ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Little_bird
You could always try gettimg some papers remarked, both my maths and chem were very close to an A so it's worth a shot.

Same. VR and QR are my worst, I almost always run out of time :/

I was looking at KCL, Cardiff, Bristol and maybe Liverpool (Bristol and Liverpool don't use UKCAT). But unless I get a miracle score I don't think KCL is likely :frown:

Liverpool do use ukcat and another great thing is that they don't look at AS grades :smile: (went to the open day and had a long talk with the admissions tutor)
Hi my as level grades are A in maths, A in epq, B in biology, B in physics and C in chemistry. I am 5 us off from a B and will be remarking. I have my ukcat later in September do I stand a chance of getting into dental school.
New for 2016 - Gateway to Dentistry at University of Bristol - leads to full 5 year course.
The course has very specific Widening Participation criteria, and is aimed at applicants from low performing West Country schools *only* so don't apply if you don't actually meet the full criteria - residence, school, and grades. More Information: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/2016/dentistry/bds-gateway-to-dentistry/
Original post by DanMomens
yeah its worth remarking. mine weren't that close unfortunately :frown:
I'm definitely going to apply to Bristol and I need to pick 3 (because 1 has to be a safety anyways) from either Newcastle, Liverpool, Leeds, Queen Mary London, Plymouth and Sheffield. Sheffield is very tough though probably wont apply there to be honest.

In all honesty i really don't mind where i go, as long as i go somewhere ahaha, other than bristol (because they're tough) i want to apply to the easiest ones to get into. sucks tho cus none are easy for dentistry

was just wondering - where did you end up getting offers from?
Original post by itsmegameggy
was just wondering - where did you end up getting offers from?

Nowhere lol☺️🔫 I'm going to take a gap year and reapply probably (if I get the grades this year).

Quick Reply

Latest