The Student Room Group

Primary Education 2012 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by starnewman
Hello i've applied to Lancaster not heard anything yet. I 've also applied to Liverpool Hope (got conditional offer) and interviews for Birmingham City and Manchester Met in January, also not heard from Edgehill. I would probably comute aswell. How soon did you hear about interviews?

I heard from cumbria like 2 weeks after my interview, the rest were jan/feb time!
Reply 381
Original post by surreal
Any information you could give me about the interview process at Durham and Edge Hill would be very much appreciated. :smile:

Durham:
I remember being taken to a room & having a chat, then we were split in 2 groups, one did some english tests whilst the others had their interviews. I did my test first & then my interview with 2 people (one was a uni lecturer & one a local head), i did my presentation & then they asked me questions. The presentation was 'what is learning to me' or something!

Edge Hill:
Again taken to a lecture theatre & talked to bout the course etc, then we were split into groups & taken to a seminar room (about 15 of us?) we had to talk about some childrens books they had provided & teaching in general whilst 3 staff observed. Then we did some tests! I hated this edge hill interview, I really mucked up :{
Original post by 92829
Oh bummer really? When I was looking on the website for Primary PGCE Inteviews, it stated that candidates would be tested on maths, English, science and ICT so I am confused now although it would be ncie to stop reading science textbooks - lol.

When did you have your interview? How much did they ask in the interview about current educational issues - I don't know how much depth they want.

Thanks!

My interview was the 29th November...
Are you applying for PGCE? If that's the case then ignore me...

Erm I think I was asked to give an issue that would affect me as a teacher, and why... Fairly straightforward.
Original post by Forddyyy
THANK YOU! it has put my mind at ease a little! :smile: i'm quite worried about the written task and the group interview. Canterbury Christ Church is my first choice (got an interview on the 18th) and i think St marys will be my insurance. where have you applied to? And have St Marys offered you yet?
also what educational issues do you suggest looking at?

Yes, I got an offer from St Mary's :P Which I'm reaally happy about, because it would be my first choice. And I wouldnt say you really need to research any issues to be perfectly honest, though knowing roughtly things like every child being entitled to education etc is good to know. I think researching loads of educational issues stresses people out a lot :/
And I'll be seeing you at Canterbury on the 18h then :P Luckily I go to school just across the road, so I don't have to travel very far :P is yours morning or afternoon?
Reply 384
i have my interview for St Marys on Wednesday, could you give me any advice on the interview? any help would be brilliant!

hey! i have an interview at st marys tomorrow(4th january) aswell! :biggrin: good luck x
Reply 385
Original post by EleanorBb
I havn't applied there but to the interviews I have been to I just wore what I wear when I'm at my work experience in a school. Black school style pants and a black top. It's one of the most comfortable outfits ever haha.

I've seen some people at them that look like they are at a business meeting and they look uncomfortable so I wouldn't like to dress up like that (like those people on the apprentice). some people have been wearing jeans too but I think I would feel under dressed if I wore jeans so I don't. I might if I got a really smart pair but I don't :frown:

ahh thanks, well im thinking straight black trousers and maybe a coloured blazor? with a black top under or just a flowery top or something?
where have you applied? and how have your interviews gone? I've applied to notts, leeds met, bedford, reading and lincoln bishop :smile: only had an interview from nottingham atm :smile:
Original post by ashleyp
helloooo, im really new to this, but I thought it would be a good idea to have a look and talk to some people in the same boat!
does anyone have an interview at Nottingham Trent, Feb8th?
Also, what are people wearing to the interviews!?! :smile:

To my interviews I wore dresses... either a burgundy wrap dress or a navy cottony loose dress, with black tights, a black blazer and brogues. It worked well because I felt I'd made an effort and looked smart but I was comfortable.
Reply 387
Original post by ashleyp
ahh thanks, well im thinking straight black trousers and maybe a coloured blazor? with a black top under or just a flowery top or something?
where have you applied? and how have your interviews gone? I've applied to notts, leeds met, bedford, reading and lincoln bishop :smile: only had an interview from nottingham atm :smile:

I have applied to huddersfield, leeds met, leeds trinity, york st john and manchester met.
I have had 3 interviews so far and I thought they all went quite well, it's hard to judge because the interviewers are just writing stuff the whole time. My other interviews are in January so I hope these go well too.
Reply 388
Original post by ashleyp
helloooo, im really new to this, but I thought it would be a good idea to have a look and talk to some people in the same boat!
does anyone have an interview at Nottingham Trent, Feb8th?
Also, what are people wearing to the interviews!?! :smile:

hello, omg i have an interview on 8th feb at notts trent too!!! :biggrin: ill probably see you there! :smile:
Reply 389
Original post by icnthelpit
Yes, I got an offer from St Mary's :P Which I'm reaally happy about, because it would be my first choice. And I wouldnt say you really need to research any issues to be perfectly honest, though knowing roughtly things like every child being entitled to education etc is good to know. I think researching loads of educational issues stresses people out a lot :/
And I'll be seeing you at Canterbury on the 18h then :P Luckily I go to school just across the road, so I don't have to travel very far :P is yours morning or afternoon?

Well done on your offer! What school do you go to? I go to Manwoods in Sandwich (not sure if you've heard of it) i've research a few things like the Rose Report and Flexi schooling but other than that im just nervous. My canterbury interview is at 12:30PM i think when is yours?
Reply 390
Original post by Tinkle
hey! i have an interview at st marys tomorrow(4th january) aswell! :biggrin: good luck x

good luck to you too! are your parents coming along with you or are you going it alone? are you nervous?
Reply 391
I have an interview at Kingston uni on the 5th! Does anyone else have one this day? Bit nervous about the presentation!
Reply 392
I've got interviews at Roehampton and Chichester in February. Anyone else applied there? And i've applied to Reading and Winchester as well but haven't heard anything from them yet. Has anyone else? :smile:
Reply 393
good luck to you too! are your parents coming along with you or are you going it alone? are you nervous?

im coming by myself! im not gonna know anybody! awkard! lol how about you? yeah im so nervous! are you??
Reply 394
Original post by Tinkle
im coming by myself! im not gonna know anybody! awkard! lol how about you? yeah im so nervous! are you??

well, my dad is driving me. i'm not sure if i want him to come in but i'll decide tomorrow. don't worry about not knowing anyone everyone's in the same boat. Yeah i'm quite nervous, i'm just worrying about the interview. what are you nervous about?
Reply 395
well, my dad is driving me. i'm not sure if i want him to come in but i'll decide tomorrow. don't worry about not knowing anyone everyone's in the same boat. Yeah i'm quite nervous, i'm just worrying about the interview. what are you nervous about?

oo rite cool! yeahh truee.. :smile: yh same im nervous about the interview and the written tasks! but hopefully everything should go well! :biggrin:
Reply 396
Original post by Tinkle
oo rite cool! yeahh truee.. :smile: yh same im nervous about the interview and the written tasks! but hopefully everything should go well! :biggrin:

the written tasks are worrying me. i'm quite nervous that im going to fail the test. this is a strange question but what are you wearing to your interview?
Reply 397
Original post by thompsonic7
To my interviews I wore dresses... either a burgundy wrap dress or a navy cottony loose dress, with black tights, a black blazer and brogues. It worked well because I felt I'd made an effort and looked smart but I was comfortable.

Thankyou! I think this is what I'll wear aswell, would feel a lot more comfortable!
Reply 398
Anyone got an interview at Middlesex tomorrow?
Original post by Lucy132
I have an interview at Kingston uni on the 5th! Does anyone else have one this day? Bit nervous about the presentation!

I do too :biggrin: presentation? :s-smilie: I haven't heard anythign about a presentation :s-smilie: xx

Quick Reply

Latest