The Student Room Group

Primary Education 2012 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by jr18
Sent my application off on the 1st December and just recieved my interview date off LJMU for the 14th March 2012 :smile:!! So happy! Still waiting for Hope, Chester, Edge Hill and MMU (Staying local haha). Good luck everyone!

Hi :smile: I also have an interview on the 14th March for Primary Ed at LJMU! Im so nervous for it, will be my first interview ever. I am wondering if you know what we have to prepare or look at or bring before coming for the interview? I havent had any emails saying what will happen on the day. Im coming from Belfast so I just dont want to turn up forgetting something haha.

Please reply would be so grateful! :smile:
Reply 581
how long from when you sent of your application did canterbury reply? i sent mine like mid november and haven't heard anything!!
Reply 582
Original post by rosieposiepie
Hey, it wasn't too bad! The actual interview itself was okay, just prepare on all of the standard questions like why you want to be a teacher, current educational issues etc. They didn't actually ask that many questions and it was all okay. They also didn't focus on the passage for very long, only a few minutes - I think they just wanted to see our initial ideas about it and see that we'd thought about it. Good luck!

aw thanks :smile: yeah i get what you mean...
good luck too!
Original post by JadeHannah
It's a horrible feeling, have you had any emails off them asking for any more information or anything?
The interview went fine, me and my friend was in the same room but different groups, but there's nothing to get worried about because it's actually quite informal and the interviewers I had were lovely.

yeah they wanted me to give more info on my school work experience which i gave but after that they just said thanks and we've received it......:/
why? does that mean anyfiiing? :eek:
Hopefully now the deadline is past, Unis might get a wriggle on
Original post by Miss Sweet

yeah they wanted me to give more info on my school work experience which i gave but after that they just said thanks and we've received it......:/
why? does that mean anyfiiing? :eek:

Well I got that email then a few days after sending them one back I got an interview, so at least you know there considering it.
I just got an email off ucas and I've got a conditional for there so I'm really happy :smile:
Original post by scared!
how long from when you sent of your application did canterbury reply? i sent mine like mid november and haven't heard anything!!

They took two weeks to reply to me, but I don't have an interview till this week. Don't worry too much, they take different amounts of time to reply to different people, and they have plenty of interview dates left :smile:
Well I got that email then a few days after sending them one back I got an interview, so at least you know there considering it.
I just got an email off ucas and I've got a conditional for there so I'm really happy :smile:

awww congrats is this didsbury??
It's a horrible feeling, have you had any emails off them asking for any more information or anything?
The interview went fine, me and my friend was in the same room but different groups, but there's nothing to get worried about because it's actually quite informal and the interviewers I had were lovely.

well i JUST got an email saying i've gotten a conditional place!! :biggrin: so check now!!
which campus did you apply for?!
Has anyone heard from Uni of Gloucestershire, York St Johns or Bishop Grossteste yet? My nerves can't take the wait anymore!!
awww congrats is this didsbury??

Yeah it's didsbury :smile:
Reply 591
Original post by icnthelpit
They took two weeks to reply to me, but I don't have an interview till this week. Don't worry too much, they take different amounts of time to reply to different people, and they have plenty of interview dates left :smile:

urgh maybz should give up if its been like just two months?:L waiting is ridiculously hard. :frown:
Reply 592
Original post by strudle
Hi
I have an interview at Greenwich on wednesday...has anyone had an interview there yet? I am a mature student and applied to Greenwich, Hertfordshire and Anglia Ruskin.

I had my interview at Hertfordshire last week and i was unsuccessful, i was devasted.

Any help with Greenwich will be greatly appreciated

x

Hi Longloz

Its horrible isnt it :frown: Whats your name? Just wondering if by chance you was in my group?

I have an interview at Greenwich tommorrow and i already feel like i'm goin in there negative.

Its rubbish, can see me not getting in anywhere!

x
Original post by sahararawr
Has anyone heard from Uni of Gloucestershire, York St Johns or Bishop Grossteste yet? My nerves can't take the wait anymore!!

I know some people have had offers from YSJ! I got a email saying they were impressed with my performance at interview but had to wait for TDA allocations, but haven't heard since! My nerves can't take the wait much more either!!
Reply 594
Hiiii, has anyone had an interview at Notts Trent? If so, how was it?! Also, the maths tests, what kind of level would you say? x
Reply 595
Hi, I have an interview on 3rd Feb at Herts Uni for primary pgce.
Anyone got any tips on how to prepare. I'm very nervous already! Eek! X
Reply 596
Original post by strudle
Hi
I have an interview at Greenwich on wednesday...has anyone had an interview there yet? I am a mature student and applied to Greenwich, Hertfordshire and Anglia Ruskin.

I had my interview at Hertfordshire last week and i was unsuccessful, i was devasted.

Any help with Greenwich will be greatly appreciated

x

Hi was just wondering when you sent your UCAS off? Lots of people from my access to teacher training course have applied to Greenwich, but no one has heard anything!

Hayley
Original post by scared!
urgh maybz should give up if its been like just two months?:L waiting is ridiculously hard. :frown:

No, don't give up yet :biggrin: They're is still time :biggrin: my bf is freaking out too, because he hasnt had any replys back yet and he applied mid december :/
Reply 598
Hello, I have an interview for Birmingham City on 1st feb, anyone else got one too? Also does anyone have any tips that might help? It's my first uni interview so a little nervous! Thankyou! :smile:
Has anyone else got a conditional place for MMU and is definitely thinking of going :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest