The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Insurance - What to do?

I'll be starting at Nottingham this year as my insurance, but I'm not really sure about accommodation, starting dates (Is the 26th the day that lectures start, or do you go down there a while before?), reading lists etc.

I'll be studying CS if there's anyone out there that has the CS reading list?
Reply 1
Original post by Coda
I'll be starting at Nottingham this year as my insurance, but I'm not really sure about accommodation, starting dates (Is the 26th the day that lectures start, or do you go down there a while before?), reading lists etc.

I'll be studying CS if there's anyone out there that has the CS reading list?

There isn't really a reading list for CS. Some modules will have recommended texts, but they're generally not essential. If you just want something to read before you get there, I'd recommend Code, by Charles Petzold. It's also one of the recommended texts for the Computer Systems Architecture course -- see slide 10 of last year's first lecture. It's also genuinely pretty interesting, and not at all dry like a lot of recommended texts.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
The 26th is the first day of freshers week -- most people will move into accommodation on the 25th. Teaching starts properly in week 2, although you may have the odd registration session or introductory lecture during week 1.
Reply 3
Original post by alex-hs

Original post by alex-hs
The 26th is the first day of freshers week -- most people will move into accommodation on the 25th. Teaching starts properly in week 2, although you may have the odd registration session or introductory lecture during week 1.

You're very helpful. What are you studying?
Reply 4
Original post by Coda
You're very helpful. What are you studying?

I did CS, and now I'm doing a PhD in it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending