The Student Room Group

King Edward Stourbridge???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr Bling
Marco Bevilacqua? Lol what a name..

Sounds Italian to me :P...hopefully a hot Italian :perv:...

I'd laugh if he turned out to be some old geezer XD
Reply 121
Lol the same tutor? Or the enrolment interviewer?

the same tutor
Reply 122
I've just finished there. I managed to get into my Uni of choice but my grades were disappointing and I only just scraped in. Not that i'm blaming the college obviously, just don't expect a magic wand. Be prepared to be independent and chucked in at the deep end. It's a good college, I enjoyed myself and made loads of good mates and in general the teachers are willing to put extra time in if you ask for and need it.
Reply 123
Original post by izzaha
I may as well join the thread, i'm starting kedst this Summer :smile: i really can't wait.
I'm not expecting excellent standards of teaching but what i am looking forward to is
i) the great resources there, the lovely library etc
ii) Meeting new people
iii) There's a town center there so that's convenient.

Anyone else doing Government and Politics? What about Chemistry are you guys doing Salters or OCR?

x

I'm doing Government and Politics :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 124
Original post by y gorau
I'm doing Government and Politics :smile:

What did you think of the taster session on induction day?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 125
Appointment is Peter Monk
P.T is Tim Perry in CL3
c: I'm guessing that means he's a chemistry teacher which would make sense as I'm taking chemistry :wink:
Reply 126
Personal tutor: Tim Perry in CL3
Appointment with: Pete Monk

I have the same c:
my appointment is at 12.20 so do i just come for that appointment or do i have to come at 8:45
Reply 128
Original post by hench man
my appointment is at 12.20 so do i just come for that appointment or do i have to come at 8:45

Just arrive in time for your appointment! The process of enrolment will last in excess of an hour I believe and then Induction day will be on the 5th September, on that day you'll have to come in for 8 45. On 6th September, we will officially start college, I'd imagine we'll get given our timetables on the 5th so you'll find out what time to come in on the 6th. If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me :smile:

What did you include in your personal statement and what did they ask on the interview
Original post by girlyfrog
Hey

I go there and its actually really good .. to a point they do try and get you to do well but they won't force you into anything .. you have to be quite independent in that way.

Its probably not as relaxed as some colleges .. but I've just finished my first year and done great there :smile:

Message me if you want to know anything :biggrin:

i REALLY want to go to king Edwards Stourbridge but i need know that the teaching style there is like, how the biology chemistry and sociology teachers are, if they support you, if there any racism or anything please reply soon as i have a course consultation on the 12th of april
I have recently been accepted for king eds for Chem bio and English, I ended up declining it because I didn't want English however I have thought shout it and now want to go and do it. Will I still he accepted? I declined yesterday and college starts in like 5 days will I be able to get accepted

Quick Reply

Latest