The Student Room Group

Queens University Belfast Medicine Apps 2012 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
My two cents: I think QUB is ridicuously competitive. NI students constantly get the highest A Levels in the UK and we've only one medical school which is now favouring (good) graduates. So, to get in you have to be good. A lot of people didn't use online forums, so don't deceive yourself into assuming that because the forum is quite that it's not as popular or competitive.

I got my acknowledgement from QUB last year on 22nd Oct and an interview offer mid-Nov. But, it seems like they're slightly disorganised this year x
Reply 81
(Ignore the spelling mistakes :-) I'm
aware of them. Damn autocorrect/alcohol
)
Reply 82
I've applied to Queens too and have yet to receive an acknowledgement email. Last year they sent me an offer for my backup course very early on too and that hasn't happened yet either :s-smilie: Hoping I get invited for interview!!!

PS I'm reapplying this year and had to resit the UKCAT.
Yeah QUB are taking their time...only uni that I haven't recieved an acknowledgment from!
Reply 84
Original post by groovyangel2008
Yeah QUB are taking their time...only uni that I haven't recieved an acknowledgment from!

Likewise, does anyone know if they've received the UKCAT results yet? :smile:
Original post by d3ano
Likewise, does anyone know if they've received the UKCAT results yet? :smile:

I think so as someone has recieved an interview from newcastle and they use UKCAT scores heavily
Reply 86
I emailed earlier they said they'll start giving out interviews around the end of November/start of December.
Reply 87
Finally 36 days after i sent my application, QUB have sent an acknowledgement.
Reply 88
Better late than never I'd say after getting the email from Queen's
Reply 89
I haven't got acknowledgement from them yet! :O When did you guys send off your application? Thanks (:
Reply 90
Original post by E.B
I haven't got acknowledgement from them yet! :O When did you guys send off your application? Thanks (:

Me neither I sent mines at the start of October, although when I emailed the other day they quoted my ucas ID so they obviously have my application :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by E.B

Mine was sent by my referee on 9th October.
Original post by E.B

Check your spam folder, it may be in there by accident.
Reply 93
I sent my application off on the 12th October and have got an acknowledgement from QUB now too. I received it sat morning
Reply 94
I have no acknowledgement either! I even checked my 'Junk' folder :frown:
Reply 95
Checked my junk folder too... maybe they weren't sent today as it's Sunday? Hopefully we'll get them tomorrow (:
Reply 96
I got my acknowledgement late on friday night, finally!
Reply 97
Original post by KiwiNotes

Original post by KiwiNotes
hi guys! was just wondering if any of you know how well you needed to do at GCSE to get into Medicine for QUB. i heard it was something ridiculous like 9A*s or something. Any truth in this?

It all depends on how you get on in your UKCAT. You receive 0-6 marks (on top of the marks you get from your GCSEs) depending on how well you do. The highest mark from GCSEs that you can get it 36, so the highest overall mark you can get is 42. At GCSE an A* gets you 4 points and an A gets you 3 and they only look at your first nine. I certainly hope they don't just take people with 9 A*s cos I have 6 A*s 4 As but a good UKCAT thank god :smile:
I don't have an acknowledgement :/ Not too bothered as long as i hopefully get an interview! :h:

EDIT: I now have an acknowledgment :borat:
(edited 12 years ago)
Got mine on Friday but it was in my spam folder, just saw it now :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending