The Student Room Group

Lancaster Medicine Applicants 2012 :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Aysh161
Don't worry we were all new once :smile: yeah even today I received an email from Helena about my original AS certificates. So I called her (she didn't receive my email from a month ago) as my sixth form didn't certify AS so I have no AS certificates except for my 4th subject that I dropped. Once she got my email she replied back with 'thanks for this'. Really don't know either if it's a good sign I really hope it is!

:smile: omg cant believe they didnt check your email from a month ago! ahh. i really hope wat helena said is a gd sign, i'm sure it is :wink: . :smile: I had AS certificates because our school certificated it :/ but the only problem was I had a B in chemistry in year 12, and i retook a module (in yr13) and brought my AS chemistry to A, which wasnt certified, so on my certificate it still said B (even though i have a A now) confusing story haha. So i had to explain this to Helena. and i just sent the original certificates for Alevels as she asked. I'm just hoping they asked us for certificates for confirmation and stuff, and not anything else. This waiting game is so scary! haha. have you got any other offers/interviews? xxx
Offer from lancaster tonight :smile: yayyy :smile:
Reply 382
Original post by allie_36
:smile: omg cant believe they didnt check your email from a month ago! ahh. i really hope wat helena said is a gd sign, i'm sure it is :wink: . :smile: I had AS certificates because our school certificated it :/ but the only problem was I had a B in chemistry in year 12, and i retook a module (in yr13) and brought my AS chemistry to A, which wasnt certified, so on my certificate it still said B (even though i have a A now) confusing story haha. So i had to explain this to Helena. and i just sent the original certificates for Alevels as she asked. I'm just hoping they asked us for certificates for confirmation and stuff, and not anything else. This waiting game is so scary! haha. have you got any other offers/interviews? xxx

I know I don't know why they didn't get the email in the first place. Oh right I understand. I really hope it's for confirmation as well I hope they get back to us soon :smile: I've had an interview at Liverpool, rejection from southampton and nothing from Leeds you?
Reply 383
Original post by katiehockey22
Offer from lancaster tonight :smile: yayyy :smile:

Well done :smile:When was your interview?
Reply 384
Original post by Aysh161
I know I don't know why they didn't get the email in the first place. Oh right I understand. I really hope it's for confirmation as well I hope they get back to us soon :smile: I've had an interview at Liverpool, rejection from southampton and nothing from Leeds you?

I hope they get back to us soon too! :smile: well done for your interview at liverpool. I got rejected from southampton too :cool: rejections from liverpool and peninsula also. haha so lancaster's my only hope :colondollar::cool: you're a resitter too rite? if so alevel results are out on Thursday! :eek:
Reply 385
I hope they get back to us soon too! :smile: well done for your interview at liverpool. I got rejected from southampton too :cool: rejections from liverpool and peninsula also. haha so lancaster's my only hope :colondollar::cool: you're a resitter too rite? if so alevel results are out on Thursday! :eek:

Thank you. I really hope you get the offer tbh I want all us resitters to get in. Yeah I'm dreading looking at chemistry grade
Reply 386
Original post by Aysh161
Thank you. I really hope you get the offer tbh I want all us resitters to get in. Yeah I'm dreading looking at chemistry grade

Yeah I'm really worried about my bio unit 4 resit :redface:. Well there's always June for one last try :tongue:
Hey guys! I got an unconditional offer earlier today too! Its been such a stressful/traumatic 1 and a half years. I wish everyone the best of luck with offers and stuff x
Reply 388
Original post by Aysh161

I second that... i want all resitters to get in :biggrin: and same i retook chemistry too haha! i'll b too scared to open the results sheet -_- LOL. i did OCR chemistry, which board did you do?
Has anyone else who had an interview on the 7th December heard back yet? I saw someone with 7th Feb who got an offer so I'm starting to get slightly nervous :s-smilie:
Reply 390
Original post by bension.tilley
Has anyone else who had an interview on the 7th December heard back yet? I saw someone with 7th Feb who got an offer so I'm starting to get slightly nervous :s-smilie:

Don't worry too much. When I called them yesterday the lady assured me offers were not given in interview date order :smile:
Original post by myyrh
Don't worry too much. When I called them yesterday the lady assured me offers were not given in interview date order :smile:

Thanks Myyrh im just really hoping that both today and tomorrow will yield good news in the form of offers and A*s in jan exams :wink:
Reply 392
Original post by Lauren975
Hey guys! I got an unconditional offer earlier today too! Its been such a stressful/traumatic 1 and a half years. I wish everyone the best of luck with offers and stuff x

Congratulations! Did you get an email through or straight through UCAS? Still waiting to hear back- had an interview on 7th december! x
Reply 393
Thanks Myyrh im just really hoping that both today and tomorrow will yield good news in the form of offers and A*s in jan exams :wink:

Yeah know what you mean. Results :eek: Have you heard back from any of your other universities?
Reply 394
I second that... i want all resitters to get in :biggrin: and same i retook chemistry too haha! i'll b too scared to open the results sheet -_- LOL. i did OCR chemistry, which board did you do?

I did AQA chemistry really not confident at least we have another shot in June but I would love to have no exams for the summer.
I had my interview on the 9th of december, I havent been asked to give any further information and I havent an offer.... Do my prospects look releatively bleak? :/
Reply 396
Original post by AngelaPerry
I had my interview on the 9th of december, I havent been asked to give any further information and I havent an offer.... Do my prospects look releatively bleak? :/

Nope. A lot of us didn't get asked for further information. I think its just part of the random checks they do, or in your case they may already have all they need from you to make a decision. I'm pretty sure there are more offers left to go out so fingers crossed you hear good news today :smile:
Original post by myyrh
Yeah know what you mean. Results :eek: Have you heard back from any of your other universities?

No offers as of yet.. have an interview at imperial coming up on the 21st March and got rejected by BSMS :P how about you? what modules did you do in January?
Reply 398
No offers as of yet.. have an interview at imperial coming up on the 21st March and got rejected by BSMS :P how about you? what modules did you do in January?

I have a rejection from Soton, two offers from Peninsula and Lancaster and waiting for a post interview decision from Liverpool. Big congrats on Imperial! good luck with it, they have really good chances of offers once you get an Interview :smile: Did you only apply to three medical schools? :confused: I'm resitting my Biology Unit 4 and did Chemistry unit 1 and 2.
:wink:
Original post by myyrh
I have a rejection from Soton, two offers from Peninsula and Lancaster and waiting for a post interview decision from Liverpool. Big congrats on Imperial! good luck with it, they have really good chances of offers once you get an Interview :smile: Did you only apply to three medical schools? :confused: I'm resitting my Biology Unit 4 and did Chemistry unit 1 and 2.

Fabulous! well done on peninsula and lancaster! No my fourth university is UCL but they are notorious for taking their dear sweet time over making decisions!
I have bio unit 4 chem unit 4 and economics unit 3 but the grade boundaries are quite high :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending