The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele Freshers Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Superlucy
yeah i know how you feel. thought i was applying for just maths, then i got a letter saying i've applied for a dual honours course and they wanted to know what i wanted to read alongside. should make it clearer.
wasnt really sure what to do but it said to email them my reply so i just emailed them saying NO BITCH THATS NOT THE RIGHT ONE, in a more polite manner :smile: :cool:

Hahaha, would of been quite "colourful" response, Its not that much of a bother for me as that was a backup if I was asked for another :biggrin: . And good luck with maths! I hate that subject with a passion :mad:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 181
Does anyone know how long it takes to get an offer on average?
Keele can be pretty slow, especially with admin-type stuff, so don't worry if you haven't heard yet :smile:
I got my offer from keele for biomed on the 20th October. Seriously hope I get an interview for medicine! I just wanna go to keele so much :frown:
Reply 184
Lazy Maths department -.-
Reply 185
Got my offer the day after I applied! BBB for English and American Literature...still waiting on my other offers, but I'm planning for Keele to be my insurance.
Good luck everyone! :smile:
Phew, I actually bothered to read through all of the pages! xD Eeeeek, it's getting exciting.

Got an offer for Physical Geography & Geology a couple of days back (a week or two after I'd applied, for the record)... wasn't brave enough to apply for straight Geology or Geoscience xD It's shown up on UCAS, but Keele haven't sent anything (yet)... o:

My college've predicted me A*AA (pfft, like that will ever happen >.> ), but I went to the open day on the 15th both me and my mum fell in love with Keele! We talked about it, and she doesn't mind me not applying to somewhere that wants super high grades, or is really prestigious, because we both know I wouldn't be happy there (I don't think I could handle it at all xD). Like someone else said, it's quite nice to not have as much pressure being forced on you by your offer requirements... as long as I keep working I actually think I'll possibly do better in my exams that I would've done if I was panicking about meeting entry requirements. :3

I definitely think I'm gonna put Keele down as my firm now, but I'll probably still wait for the others to reply... just for the sake of completion.

On a side note: first post, wooo. I've lurked around the Student Room for a while, but now I'm pretty certain which Uni I'm going to, I figured I'd finally go and make an account so maybe I could get to know some people at/going to Keele before I got there... I'd go lurk around the facebook page, except I don't have facebook xD

Just wondering as well, in case anyone knows... the Geology says it assumes no prior knowledge, but I'm currently doing A Level Geology... does anyone know how much of a step up it is from that? (content-wise, not workload-wise, because obviously it's gonna be a heavier workload at Uni).
(edited 12 years ago)
omgggg, just got the email!!

interview for medicine 7/12/11

soooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyone else got one that day???
Got an offer from Keele for Biomed BBC about a week ago, was chuffed and discovered it by accident as I had received an offer form another uni and was just logging in to check the grades for that!
I am so chuffed!
Got for Business and management :wink: ABB
Original post by NorthApple
Phew, I actually bothered to read through all of the pages! xD Eeeeek, it's getting exciting.

Got an offer for Physical Geography & Geology a couple of days back (a week or two after I'd applied, for the record)... wasn't brave enough to apply for straight Geology or Geoscience xD It's shown up on UCAS, but Keele haven't sent anything (yet)... o:

My college've predicted me A*AA (pfft, like that will ever happen >.> ), but I went to the open day on the 15th both me and my mum fell in love with Keele! We talked about it, and she doesn't mind me not applying to somewhere that wants super high grades, or is really prestigious, because we both know I wouldn't be happy there (I don't think I could handle it at all xD). Like someone else said, it's quite nice to not have as much pressure being forced on you by your offer requirements... as long as I keep working I actually think I'll possibly do better in my exams that I would've done if I was panicking about meeting entry requirements. :3

I definitely think I'm gonna put Keele down as my firm now, but I'll probably still wait for the others to reply... just for the sake of completion.

On a side note: first post, wooo. I've lurked around the Student Room for a while, but now I'm pretty certain which Uni I'm going to, I figured I'd finally go and make an account so maybe I could get to know some people at/going to Keele before I got there... I'd go lurk around the facebook page, except I don't have facebook xD

Just wondering as well, in case anyone knows... the Geology says it assumes no prior knowledge, but I'm currently doing A Level Geology... does anyone know how much of a step up it is from that? (content-wise, not workload-wise, because obviously it's gonna be a heavier workload at Uni).

I applied for both geoscience and geology+physical geography since I really wanna go to Keele :biggrin:
Reply 191
I haven't read through all this topic, but I sent my application on the 17/11, and had acknowledgements from all my other unis except Keele, is this pretty normal for them?
Is their acknowledgement an email or post?
Reply 192
Original post by Alice.
I haven't read through all this topic, but I sent my application on the 17/11, and had acknowledgements from all my other unis except Keele, is this pretty normal for them?

I didn't get an acknowledgement at all, and I got an offer a couple of weeks after I applied.
Reply 193
Anyone else have a nursing interview? :smile: 9th Dec i think!
Reply 194
Got an offer a yesterday! BBB for History! Quite chuffed and they only took 2 weeks! :biggrin:
I am currently studying GCSE's and very keen in getting in university.
Does any1 know what GCSE grades you need to get to get into pharmacy
Original post by NorthApple

i'm in exactly the same position as you :smile: i was going to apply to cambridge just so i could reject them (just to let them know what it feels like i guess? and to prove to people that i could) but then i realised i couldn't be bothered to go to the interview and that i didn't really have to prove anything to anyone anyway... i'm so excited about studying at keele :smile:
Reply 197
Original post by ClevaClocks
I am currently studying GCSE's and very keen in getting in university.
Does any1 know what GCSE grades you need to get to get into pharmacy

Check the online prospectuses or course pages of unis :smile:
Reply 198
Has anyone heard anything from the Maths department at all, cos I sent my ucas off almost 2 weeks ago and havent even got an acknowledgement :'(
Original post by ihateocr
I applied for both geoscience and geology+physical geography since I really wanna go to Keele :biggrin:

*highfive* =D
(Loving your username as well xD)

Original post by chopsticks
i'm in exactly the same position as you :smile: i was going to apply to cambridge just so i could reject them (just to let them know what it feels like i guess? and to prove to people that i could) but then i realised i couldn't be bothered to go to the interview and that i didn't really have to prove anything to anyone anyway... i'm so excited about studying at keele :smile:

I know, it's odd... there's almost like a savage joy in turning some places down, and in defying other people's expectations of what you 'should' do. I really hate places that let their ego run away with them, and seem to automatically assume absolutely everyone is dying to come to them and you should fall at their feet and start begging them to give you a place. Lol, no thanks. Keele felt really kind of personal, and even on the open days (in the Geog/Geology department at least), they weren't trying to ram the place down our throats, which instantly put it fairly high up on my mental list of choices xD

Original post by Alice.

I've not had anything back either, I don't think most people have... sent mine off a week or two earlier than you did. It does seem to be normal, so I wouldn't be too worried about it :33
I'm actually kind of grateful, lol Lancaster have spammed me with so much 'junk' in the mail, just think how bad for the environment that is! D:

Quick Reply

Latest