The Student Room Group

How do I get my uncle to stop kissing my cheek?

Hi,
The past two times my uncle (not related) has started kissing me on the cheek when we say hello and goodbye and I really don't like it. Anyone else I am completely fine with it but I do not get on with him and he know's I do not like him. He is really intense and when he goes to give me a hug he stops me for about 2 seconds, leans in and kisses my cheek then stares at my face whilst pulling away and then stands there staring for my reaction. It is really creepy and I can't stand it, he holds eye contact for ages after and I'm like "what?!". Today, I tried to get out of it, I said "Don't kiss me, hahaha, I really dont like being kissed on the cheek" and he gave me a big lecture asking why and so I explained. Then when he gave me a hug he kissed me on the neck instead. We have really different personalities, he is Iranian and tries to force his beliefs on me. I don't understand why he carries on forcing himself on me when I've made it clear I don't like it. How can I get him to stop?
Thank you! :angry:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Use Imperio spell.
Ask him to kiss you on the lips instead.
When he leans in, thump him one. He'll soon stop.
It's always the uncles...
Reply 5
kick him in the balls.. :five:
Reply 6
Original post by Vikki1805
Rub dog poo all over your neck and cheeks?:dontknow:

You're just asking for neg rep.
Even if it appears rude, maybe just keep your distance, don't greet him nearby, and keep it at a "hi" from away. If he asks why you are doing this, tell him you have already explained. He has no right to invade your personal bubble that way :no:
Reply 8
Next time he leans in, scream into his ear as loud as you can.
Reply 9
Original post by SpiritedAway
Even if it appears rude, maybe just keep your distance, don't greet him nearby, and keep it at a "hi" from away. If he asks why you are doing this, tell him you have already explained. He has no right to invade your personal bubble that way :no:

Thank you, I will try this next time, I didn't want to offend anyone but this seems like a good way to go about it :smile:
Original post by M1F2R3
You're just asking for neg rep.

I guarantee it would work though.
Reply 11
dude he's asian - it's kinda in our culture to do that - don't take it personally lol.....
Mace would probably do it. Thats pretty creepy.
Reply 13
Original post by Sinay
dude he's asian - it's kinda in our culture to do that - don't take it personally lol.....

Yeah but I've known him for like 8 years and out of nowhere he's started doing it, he never used to. It's the way he does it as well that I don't like, if it was a quick peck I wouldn't mind as much but the way he drags it out, argh!
Reply 14
Original post by Vikki1805
I guarantee it would work though.

Pics or gtfo
Next time he leans in for a kiss on the cheek, take a chunk outta his!
Just don't put yourself in a situation where he can. I hate being touched at all, so I've spent years just being at the back of a group or walking away so they can't hug me goodbye. It's all in just subtly placing yourself out of the way.

If he keeps doing it, ask him why it's so important to him. Don't let him drag it back on why you don't want it, focus on why he does it.
Reply 17
Stick your hand out for a handshake and keep your head out of his reach this is what I did in a similar situation, it annoyed me that my male cousins got a handshake while people leaned in to kiss me so I just went for the handshake as well. It worked and now all the creepy older members of my family go to shake my hand instead of kiss me, they also think I'm some weird feminist but it's a small price to pay IMO. I hate the kiss greeting/ farewell BS, I'm not particularly fond of handshaking either :frown: why can't we just bow, or you know express ourselves vocally :sigh:.
(edited 12 years ago)
Lets start with the basicS Tell parents and avoid him
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah but I've known him for like 8 years and out of nowhere he's started doing it, he never used to. It's the way he does it as well that I don't like, if it was a quick peck I wouldn't mind as much but the way he drags it out, argh!

Oh right, sorry - you may have answered this already but does he only do it to you? Also, getting kissed on the neck seems far too intimate...

Why don't you get on with each other (out of interest)? Maybe he's trying to reconcile - have you noticed any other things he's doing/saying which could be seen as attempts to improve the situation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending