The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Grades good enough for Lincoln.

I just got BBC in my A-Levels (achieved all A's and B's in my exams just did shockingly in my coursework (i also have an E in biology AS eeek) and want to do Psychology with Forensic Psychology. They want 300 UCAS points but... How lenient are they?

I also have AABBBCCCCD at GCSE.

Any experiences or opinions would be BRILLIANT.
Call them and ask. They give them as much information as you can and they will be able to give you an honest opinion regarding your chances, and certainly a more accurate reflection than student anecdotes will give.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Original post by BexyBear
I just got BBC in my A-Levels (achieved all A's and B's in my exams just did shockingly in my coursework (i also have an E in biology AS eeek) and want to do Psychology with Forensic Psychology. They want 300 UCAS points but... How lenient are they?

I also have AABBBCCCCD at GCSE.

Any experiences or opinions would be BRILLIANT.

You should call and ask. It's hard to say how lenient they will be, because it depends on the years intake and demand. It also depends on how far you are from the offer.

If you want an anecdote, my friend missed out by 20points (1 grade) and wasn't given a place. I will say though that Lincoln focus quite a lot of the personal statement too, especially when it comes to Psychology.

Good Luck
Reply 3
My friend got BCC and got on to the psychology course, give them a ring :smile: worst they can say is no? Good Luck.
Reply 4
I personally was given a place on Animal Behaviour Science even though I missed by 20points I believe.... and even thought I had already been accepted an acceptance letter..I was at school so didnt know.. so called up and the lady I talked to was part of the agricultural center, and seemed impressed by my GCSE grades, my telephone voice, and my Personal Reference....and actually gave me an ADDITIONAL place for that same course..as we both didnt know Id already been accepted xP
you just gotta hope you set yourself up for success earlier... I suggest calling main office and then asking to speak to admissions for the course area you're hoping to enter..... hopefully you'll impress them.
Reply 5
i went through clearing and they took all my A-Level results into account not just three =)
Reply 6
Got In with CCC with a few Random points thrown in here and there

Quick Reply

Latest