The Student Room Group

Science Advice?

So I'm doing AQA dual science award, and just got my core science results. I got;

Biology - A* (48)
Biology - B (38)
Chemistry - A (42)
Chemistry - A (43)
Physics - A (42)
Physics - A* (45)

I also got 75% (B) on my ISA. Unfortunately these only add up to a UMS score of 333, which is an A.

(They're all modules out of 50)

I'm sort of disappointed by my results because I wanted to get an A* :/ to get an A* i need 360 points. which would you revise i resit? I think my ISA, my biology and maybe one other? Help, i don't know what to do!
Reply 1
I was smilar to you last year i got
Biology B (I actually missed the back two pages of my exam not realising they existed, nightmare)
Biology A
Physics A*
Physics A
Chemistry A*
Chemistry A
and my ISA was marked as an A* then on results day came back a B.... resulted in my overall as an A. I was also disappointed but i didn't resit and I'm glad I didn't- it's just unnessacary stress. What are you hoping to do in the future? Most colleges only require a B to study a science at A level
i'm hoping to do psychology in the future, so i'll be studying psychology and biology, but apart from that i'm not sure. i suppose it's not so much about being able to study it in the future, it's just that i'm predicted all A*s and want to trymy best to get them. i know i'm capable of better, so i don't want to just settle with 'okay', you know?
Reply 3
YEah i was exactly the same. To be honest though A's are good and for a course like psychology (rather than say dentistry or medicine) A/A* are considered almost the same as universities do not place much emphasis on GCSE's. I would advise you to leave it alone and concentrate on your AS levels and get the best possible grade you can - people would think much more highly ofan A* at A level rather than at GCSE.
Original post by obsessedfreak95
Biology - A* (48)
Biology - B (38)
Chemistry - A (42)
Chemistry - A (43)
Physics - A (42)
Physics - A* (45)
ISA - 75

360 UMS is an A*, so you are 27 UMS short.

For starters, try and ask to do a re-sit of a Core ISA (ask your teacher nicely, you may have to stay after school a few times). ISAs are worth 2x any single exam (at least for Core), and you have 25 spare UMS marks there you can make up. Even if you don't do perfectly you can still make up a lot of that ground.

For November i'd enter for B1b and P1a, you can then do C1a/b in March if you still dont have enough UMS. You want to avoid doing them next June as you'll have a ton of other exams then to stress you out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending