The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Uni of Southampton entry requirements

I'm studying level 3 health and social care and want to do psychology at Uni. I'd like to go to Southampton but it's not clear whether or not my course meets the entry requirements to do so.

On the website it says the BTEC must be in a relevant subject area but doesn't say which are accepted. I emailed them and they were extremely vague and said they basically can't say anything until you apply.

Does anyone go to this Uni or know someone who got in with the same requirements?? I don't want to put it down for an option if there's no chance of getting in, and I don't want to get my hopes up.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by frustrating-inst
I'm studying level 3 health and social care and want to do psychology at Uni. I'd like to go to Southampton but it's not clear whether or not my course meets the entry requirements to do so.

On the website it says the BTEC must be in a relevant subject area but doesn't say which are accepted. I emailed them and they were extremely vague and said they basically can't say anything until you apply.

Does anyone go to this Uni or know someone who got in with the same requirements?? I don't want to put it down for an option if there's no chance of getting in, and I don't want to get my hopes up.

It is a difficult one to answer. Some universities wont accept Health and Social care. Relevant courses tend to be things like Applied Science. Only Southampton can definitely answer this. For A levels normally a science or 2 subjects are usually requested for Psychology
On campus at the University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Southamptons required subject for A level is very narrow. I suspect they would want a very science based BTEC

Acceptable science subject are Physics, Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Statistics.
Original post by frustrating-inst

Hi @frustrating-inst,

I hope you have managed to get some advice today, but if you are still unsure you can contact our clearing helpline today on +44 (0) 330 058 6940 or email us at [email protected]

To ensure they can give you some specific advice related to the degree you want to apply for, give them the full title of your course and the type of award it is. The team will then be able to give you direct advice.

(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Uni of Southampton Students
Hi @frustrating-inst,

I hope you have managed to get some advice today, but if you are still unsure you can contact our clearing helpline today on +44 (0) 330 058 6940 or email us at [email protected]

To ensure they can give you some specific advice related to the degree you want to apply for, give them the full title of your course and the type of award it is. The team will then be able to give you direct advice.

I'm going to Uni in 2024, but thanks for the advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending