The Student Room Group

Manchester Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by navbar
Hey we have an interview at Manchester on the same day dude! what time is yours?

11:30 :biggrin:
Original post by ob.is.a.bit.good
11:30 :biggrin:

Good luck, keep calm and have fun :smile:
Reply 782
hey guys, for those of you that have had interviews what kind of prep would you recommend for manchester?

Hey,

I know somebody said before they weren't asked about their PS (which they probably don't do for everyone), but for my interview one whole interview station was purely about my personal statement. They had a print out of it in front of them with written notes all over it....so I would say definitely go over your statement and try and imagine what they may ask you.

Also with the medical news and ethical stuff try and come up with equal pros and cons before giving your own opinion, because they love to see that you can understand why someone may take a different stance on a situation compared to you...especially as this is bound to happen during a career as a doctor.

Huge wishes of luck for your interview and anybody else who has one coming up!!!!
for those of you with offers how long did they take to respond after your interview?
oh and was it through ucas or email/post?
Reply 784
Original post by POWCATTY
for those of you with offers how long did they take to respond after your interview?
oh and was it through ucas or email/post?

Had my interview on the 28th Nov, then my UCAS track was updated on 19th Dec (followed by an email couple of days later....then official letter through the post). Might be a different length of time for the first cycle of interview those as we were told we would have to wait until 200 people had been interviewed first. Presumably will be a shorter time for people just about to be interviewed.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jrankin
Had my interview on the 28th Nov, then my UCAS track was updated on 19th Dec (followed by an email couple of days later....then official letter through the post). Might be a different length of time for the first cycle of interview those as we were told we would have to wait until 200 people had been interviewed first. Presumably will be a shorter time for people just about to be interviewed.

I know on my letter it said people interviewed after christmas should expect to wait about 3 weeks :smile:

I've not got an offer, but I got told I was on hold on the 4th jan and my interview was the 29th nov.
Reply 786
a106, i did biomed at newcastle, you?

lol. u grad applicant

I am applying for Master in Finance
Original post by SpringNicht
I know on my letter it said people interviewed after christmas should expect to wait about 3 weeks :smile:

I've not got an offer, but I got told I was on hold on the 4th jan and my interview was the 29th nov.

Yeah, I'm on hold too- does this mean we won't hear until late March? I thought there was a mid-march deadline? :s-smilie:
Original post by puddleduck
Yeah, I'm on hold too- does this mean we won't hear until late March? I thought there was a mid-march deadline? :s-smilie:

I don't know, at one point in the email it said march, another it said a month :confused:

Manchester y u no be clear
Reply 789
Does anyone know any figures about the number of people but on hold who subsequently receive offers?
Original post by SpringNicht
I don't know, at one point in the email it said march, another it said a month :confused:

Manchester y u no be clear

Lol, I wonder how many people get this.

let me try my hand...

omg omg omg omg AN EMAIL FROM MANCHESTER! iS IT AN OFFER??? IS IT A REJECTION???

oh its absolutely nothing of any importance regarding my UCAS application...

Manchester: Problem?

Finally some likes! From the look of all the dislikes my post got i don't think people applying here have a sense of humour when it comes to UCAS!!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 791
Does anyone know, with the wider issues station, do they ask you for a relevant piece of medical news, or do they give you something theyve already prepared??
Original post by Greenoids
Does anyone know, with the wider issues station, do they ask you for a relevant piece of medical news, or do they give you something theyve already prepared??

For me it was pre prepared.

What do you mean already prepared?
Original post by MuffinMonster
What do you mean already prepared?

i presume they were asked "so what are your opinions on so and so matter?" instead of "what medical issues have you read about recently?"
Anyone else with an interview on Thursday?
Original post by Steerforth

Mines on wednesday...

i presume they were asked "so what are your opinions on so and so matter?" instead of "what medical issues have you read about recently?"

Ah okay :smile:
Reply 798
Original post by Steerforth

Meeee! Is yours in the morning or afternoon?

Also, does anyone know how soon after interview to expect feedback? I remember it was 3 weeks last year to hear whether your offered, on hold or rejected.. has this changed?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by rozca
Meeee! Is yours in the morning or afternoon?

Also, does anyone know how soon after interview to expect feedback? I remember it was 3 weeks last year to hear whether your offered, on hold or rejected.. has this changed?

The email says mine will start at 2.00, so i guess this is the afternoon slot, and yours?

I think you quoted me on the leeds thread...gosh i got so much neg rep for that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending