The Student Room Group

Manchester Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Has anyone who thought they didn't do too well on the wider issues question got an offer yet?
Reply 981
Yes, I totally screwed up the wider issues bit - the woman even had a go at me and I got an offer five days after my interview :smile: don't worry, there's always hope!
Original post by Messi3
Has anyone who thought they didn't do too well on the wider issues question got an offer yet?

my wider issues bit - i actually had like 20 seconds to spare so clearly i didn't say enough :s-smilie: i'm on hold now
Reply 983
does everyone definitely definitely hear within 3 weeks? :/ 7 more days for me to wait now..
Reply 984
Original post by mehreenyyy
my wider issues bit - i actually had like 20 seconds to spare so clearly i didn't say enough :s-smilie: i'm on hold now

did you sit there for 20 seconds or did the interviewer just let you go back to your seat? maybe you said everything? (: my wider issue was my worst part :/
Reply 985
Original post by je t'aime
Yes, I totally screwed up the wider issues bit - the woman even had a go at me and I got an offer five days after my interview :smile: don't worry, there's always hope!

really? i sure hope so! my interviewer did not seem impressed AT ALL! plus i didn't know much about the topic :/
How many questions are asked in the wider issues bit
Reply 987
When are the people on hold most likely to hear back from Manchester?
Original post by H.R
When are the people on hold most likely to hear back from Manchester?

My email said march.
Original post by TheDannyManCan
Manchester ask for GCSE certificates and copies of them in addition to ID stuff - I have everything apart from the certificates. In short, I was sure I had them, but upon looking I had confused what I had.

If you go to your interview without them they'll make you sign a contract saying you will get them proof of your qualifications by a specific date.

At least that's what they did for me. I then asked AQA for confirmation of my results to be sent directly to the medical school. Cost about £15 - a lot cheaper than ordering replacement certificates.
Reply 990
Original post by kemekpo
How many questions are asked in the wider issues bit

You are given one issue....he might ask a couple of questions to develop your ideas about the topic, but all depends on how your discussion unfolds.
Reply 991
Just to put myself at ease (or not! :P): did anybody else notice how little the interviewers were giving away?

During my interview they seemed quite detached and not showing much at all - no prompting or even agreement with anything I was saying. People I have spoken to have told me this is a 'tactic' by the interviewers, but typical of me I've started getting worked up about it now. :P

My gut instinct however is that the interview went overall quite well. The group was very easy to get on with and they asked me a nice wider issues question. How did everybody else go on?
Original post by spacemud
Just to put myself at ease (or not! :P): did anybody else notice how little the interviewers were giving away?

During my interview they seemed quite detached and not showing much at all - no prompting or even agreement with anything I was saying. People I have spoken to have told me this is a 'tactic' by the interviewers, but typical of me I've started getting worked up about it now. :P

My gut instinct however is that the interview went overall quite well. The group was very easy to get on with and they asked me a nice wider issues question. How did everybody else go on?

I completely agree - the one interviewer who talked about my Personal Statement seemed to be happy and encouraging, the rest weren't giving anything away!

Overall, I too feel it went very well. Group session was great, almost too nice and all in agreement, as we finished about 5 minutes before the end!
Original post by islanders
I completely agree - the one interviewer who talked about my Personal Statement seemed to be happy and encouraging, the rest weren't giving anything away!

Overall, I too feel it went very well. Group session was great, almost too nice and all in agreement, as we finished about 5 minutes before the end!

I felt that the man questioning me on my ps was completely uninterested! He grilled me for a bit and then just sat back and looked around the room.

But I got an offer so I can't have been that bad!
Reply 994
Original post by Messi3
really? i sure hope so! my interviewer did not seem impressed AT ALL! plus i didn't know much about the topic :/

Honestly, chill. You can't change anything now, so what will be, will be. Fingers crossed everything works out (:
Reply 995
Does anyone know if theres an order that they get back to interviewees in? Eg. are all the offers given out followed by the rejections etc..? Or if its done in batches like those in the same interview group on a particular day hear at roughly the same time?

(quote me if you reply!!)
Original post by rozca
Does anyone know if theres an order that they get back to interviewees in? Eg. are all the offers given out followed by the rejections etc..? Or if its done in batches like those in the same interview group on a particular day hear at roughly the same time?

(quote me if you reply!!)

The set they did in early january had all the offers given first, then hold and rejection.
Original post by mehreenyyy
Interview was on 30th Jan, so I heard back in a week, kudos for the quick reply Mancs. Any people from last year who were put on hold get an offer? Would just like to know the chances.

Yeah, one of my friends was on hold last year and then she got in. It was her only offer. A lot of people do get in after being placed on hold. I would say more than half, but it's good to have a plan B in case.
Reply 998
Was nearly sick when I found out I had an offer, was convinced I was getting in nowhere.
SUCH a good feeling now though.

Good luck everyone with the rest of the interviews :smile:

edit: err cheers for the neg
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by amazin_sk8a_dude
Yeah, one of my friends was on hold last year and then she got in. It was her only offer. A lot of people do get in after being placed on hold. I would say more than half, but it's good to have a plan B in case.

ah, thanks, that's sort of refuelled me :smile: yeah i'd heard the chances were quite good but i just wanted someone else to confirm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending