The Student Room Group

Manchester Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saxophoniste
Hey guys! Hope you all got what you were hoping for and I'll see you there in September :biggrin:

Just a quick questions - I got the email off the uni asking for me to sign up to the IT services and then confirm attendance on My Manchester. I've clicked the confirm attendance button, but do we have to do anything on the page it takes you to, or not? As the email doesn't specify.

Yeah I got a bit confused at it as well, there was a link saying something like confirm/withdraw in the table in the admissions part. I just followed the instructions from that, hopefully I've confirmed it!
Original post by Normandy114
Yeah I got a bit confused at it as well, there was a link saying something like confirm/withdraw in the table in the admissions part. I just followed the instructions from that, hopefully I've confirmed it!

Ah ok I'll do that - thanks! :biggrin:

See you there!
Hey guys! Hope you all got what you were hoping for and I'll see you there in September :biggrin:

Just a quick questions - I got the email off the uni asking for me to sign up to the IT services and then confirm attendance on My Manchester. I've clicked the confirm attendance button, but do we have to do anything on the page it takes you to, or not? As the email doesn't specify.

It doesnt let me login, is the university ID, the university reference number that we got in our offer emails a while back?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by umair.khan
It doesnt let me login, is the university ID, the university reference number that we got in our offer emails a while back?

Have you signed up for an IT account yet? I think that's what they're looking for.
Original post by Normandy114
Have you signed up for an IT account yet? I think that's what they're looking for.

I tried to activate my IT account, using the link they provided in the email. But it says "The IT Account Manager cannot find an account matching the details you have entered"
Can anyone give me any info on bursaries? I was told they'll get in contact with you?
Can anyone give me any info on bursaries? I was told they'll get in contact with you?

You don't need to worry about that until after your fourth year of study.

You get them from your fifth year of study onwards. Student Finance England will sort you out for the first four years of your course, including any intercalated years; after that, you get a limited SFE Maintenance Loan, as well as NHS Bursaries. The NHS will also pay the full tuition fees for year 5 (Anything you get from the NHS is not a loan). If you intercalate between years four and five, this counts as your fifth year of study, and Manchester will provide a loan for that period (I think...). Hope that clears it up for you!
(dodgy font because copied from a comment I made in Facebook)
Original post by CraigKirk

You don't need to worry about that until after your fourth year of study.

You get them from your fifth year of study onwards. Student Finance England will sort you out for the first four years of your course, including any intercalated years; after that, you get a limited SFE Maintenance Loan, as well as NHS Bursaries. The NHS will also pay the full tuition fees for year 5 (Anything you get from the NHS is not a loan). If you intercalate between years four and five, this counts as your fifth year of study, and Manchester will provide a loan for that period (I think...). Hope that clears it up for you!
(dodgy font because copied from a comment I made in Facebook)

Thanks but I meant more like the ones you get if you have a low family income (I think it's called the Manchester bursary) and stuff like that. :smile:
Thanks but I meant more like the ones you get if you have a low family income (I think it's called the Manchester bursary) and stuff like that. :smile:

Oh, well that'll be assessed in November automatically - you don't have to do anything until Manchester get in touch with you. However, this year is the start of the new National Scholarship Programme, and presumably, you're entitled to that. You will get the same amount of money in the same way though, so other than the change in name and where the money comes from, everything will remain the same.
Reply 1589
We've got our places, done the IT stuff n confirmed attendance. What happens next? When will be hearing from uni next??
Original post by A Sid
We've got our places, done the IT stuff n confirmed attendance. What happens next? When will be hearing from uni next??

Apart from sorting out accommodation and the like, I think we should be getting a welcome pack in the mail sometime soon, the gap year medics that went unconditional months ago all got them so we should get one soon; just no idea when though since Manchester are apparently dead slow at admin.
Hi guys sorry to intrude but was there a cut off score for Manchester this year, if so what was it? hoping to apply for 2013 entry :smile:
Reply 1592
Is anyone planning on subscribing to BMA? I know the first year subscription for first yr medics is free.
Reply 1593
Original post by raveen789
Hi guys sorry to intrude but was there a cut off score for Manchester this year, if so what was it? hoping to apply for 2013 entry :smile:

Am not sure tbh but did Hear they didn't interview anyone with a score less than 650 ( u r asking about UKCAT aren't u?)
Original post by raveen789

Thank you very much :smile:
Reply 1596
hey this is most likely the wrong thread for this but can anyone tell me how manchester use ukcat for interview? As in do they rank you according to your score and then select for interview, interview everyone who exceeds the cut-off etc.?

Thanks, hopefully applying for 2013! :smile:
Hey guys, how important are GCSEs when it comes to applying for Medicine at Manchester, would someone stand a decent chance with 5 A*s and 5 As, provided they had 3 As predicted for A levels and a good UKCAT score. Thanks

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by 1234girl
As in do they rank you according to your score and then select for interview, interview everyone who exceeds the cut-off etc.?

No, you also have to meet the cut-off score for your personal statement and reference. The PS is scored first, those that score highly enough are then ranked by their UKCAT result and the top 800 or so are intreviewed.
Reply 1599
Original post by theatrical
No, you also have to meet the cut-off score for your personal statement and reference. The PS is scored first, those that score highly enough are then ranked by their UKCAT result and the top 800 or so are intreviewed.

Okay, would I be in a good position with a 775 average? And obviously cant tell you anything concrete about the personal statement or reference bit, how is there a cut off for that??:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending