The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
TELEPATHICTUBBY
Any tips for getting off my arse and doing something worthwhile with my life?
I'm sitting here at work at a counter (customer services) and am bored out my mind! I'm doing the work i have to do but my life just seems pretty empty, do you know what I mean? I finish work at 10pm ish and that's fine. I enjoy the money I get but I'm just thinkig that there's got to be more to life.

take up a sport.....
Reply 41
TELEPATHICTUBBY
I'm sitting here at work at a counter (customer services) and am bored out my mind! I'm doing the work i have to do but my life just seems pretty empty, do you know what I mean? I finish work at 10pm ish and that's fine. I enjoy the money I get but I'm just thinkig that there's got to be more to life.

Maybe you need to sit down and think about what you enjoy doing. What hobbies or intrests you have in life and you should pursue that intrest!
Reply 42
waiting2smile
What's wrong with Leeds? I would have applied, but i don't want to be too far away from London. Someone help me decide KCL OR Reading for english lit?

KCL of course!

On a seperate note, answering the question, I would recommend registering with Friends reunited. If I ever need inspiration or a kick up the arse, I see what some of the people at my school are doing now. If it says 'yeah, so i'm working in Safeway, and its great, 160 quid a week, i've just had my third child'.

Excellent for motivation!
TELEPATHICTUBBY

Life is life. You may or may not live it only once, but you should live it like you believe that it is your only shot at it (which is why i spend hours and hours per week on this forum :rolleyes: )
TELEPATHICTUBBY

Travel the world! Invent new designs for clothes/games etc. Write a book. Pick up horse riding (*Oh there she goes again :rolleyes:*) and fencing. Make a discovery! Explore your inner soul!!!!

Or perhaps just get a pet :biggrin: .
Thank you for all the varied advice it has indeed made made me realise how many more choices I have.
I shall sit in the corner and contemplate it all...
Reply 46
TELEPATHICTUBBY

My usual answer - a cattleprod!
Reply 47
TELEPATHICTUBBY
Thank you for all the varied advice it has indeed made made me realise how many more choices I have.
I shall sit in the corner and contemplate it all...

so you're gonna spend your life thinking about what you could do?
Dickie
so you're gonna spend your life thinking about what you could do?

well, i'm working-earning money but I now need to decide what to do. i'm not one to make any rash decisions if I don't have to. Possibly pathetic but i'm a thinker

Latest

Trending

Trending