The Student Room Group

Modern Warfare 3 society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kuks
I can't....can't download Elite or redeem code as it "doesn't exist"
Might just start playing on KuksFC instead.

You playing today?
Reply 781
Original post by AugustWestie
You playing today?

Later in the evening :smile:
Just got disconnected and lost all progress made today... :colonhash:
Just got disconnected and lost all progress made today... :colonhash:

Infinity ward *shakes fist*
Might come back.
Original post by original_username
Infinity ward *shakes fist*
Might come back.

Doubt it...
Lost my MOAB too. :sad:

**** YOU ROBERT BOWLING!!!

:lol:
The biggest negative I would say for the online multiplayer is the maps. They are too rush orientated and terrible for killstreaks such as the Reaper and AC 130. Hopefuly in the new map packs they publish there will be maps in the same style as Afghan, Overgrown, Terminal and Quarry.
Reply 786
Had a few good games.

Got dropped into a game with a bunch of 12-year-olds who were getting scores of 2-12 and such. Bailed out and going to play BF3 for a bit.
Original post by Tabris
Had a few good games.

Got dropped into a game with a bunch of 12-year-olds who were getting scores of 2-12 and such. Bailed out and going to play BF3 for a bit.

Which one do you prefer ?
Reply 788
I'm attempting veteran at the moment. Really frustrating!
Reply 789

:biggrin:

By the time I saw that it was uploaded it already had 15 views and a comment. :s-smilie:

I did the opposite of that.

I crushed myself... and 2 other teammates with the Osprey assist.

:ahee:
Anyone got a MOAB yet? :colone:

First flawless too. :biggrin:

Is a MOAB the same as the tactical nuke in MW2 ?
Original post by Scarface-Don
Is a MOAB the same as the tactical nuke in MW2 ?

Not really. It is a 25 kill streak and has the same animation but it doesn't end the game. It kills everyone on the opposite team, EMPs them for a minute and gives your team double XP.
I keep getting bad teams. My steam is evizex if anyone wants to make a team for headquarters, dom or w/e.
Maps are damn annoying, too big and half of the map adds nothing to the game. Need to learn them quickly though, getting lost too often lol!
Reply 794
Original post by marcusmerehay
You mean in the sense that it's a Call of Duty game?

I'm sure you loved the Final Fantasy series then.

No, actually I found the Final Fantasy series boring and too constricting. :/
Reply 795
Been playing it a bit more, got over the weird graphics now. The main issue for the me is the size of maps & lack of players. I'm used to 50 player, or at least 20 player COD4 games on relatively small maps. MW3 is 8-12 players on maps that are even bigger than those on COD4. Seriously I spend half my time running around trying to FIND people. Even the dedicated servers are only 18 players (usually less) and you can't use any custom weapons. When I eventually do find someone it's usually a fast headshot or death... I thought COD was suppose to be all about getting you into the action fast, that's what COD4 was like, but this is more of a BF2 esque game...
Its the same as all other CoDs.....
Kinda amahzing, the Mp is bosslike
Reply 798

Which one do you prefer ?

They're both pretty fun. But I'm enjoying BF3 slightly more.

Because MW3 is new, a lot of people haven't figured out the maps yet so there's a high number of campers. I wouldn't normally find this a problem if I knew the maps too, but I don't. So I'm wandering around blind. It makes the game feel a lot slower, even in TDM.

When more people start learning the maps and the pacing gets up to scratch with BF3, I'll enjoy it as much, I'm sure.
Reply 799
Original post by Ewan
I thought COD was suppose to be all about getting you into the action fast, that's what COD4 was like, but this is more of a BF2 esque game...

Certain maps on BF2 were fast. CoD4 fast.

Karkand, Sharqi, Wake, Jalalabad, to name a few. Not so much with others like Dragon Valley, Clean Sweep, Kubra Dam, etc. But BF2 had a good mix, with the fast maps being much more popular.

You are right though, the pacing on this seems a lot slower. The running in itself feels really sluggish and lethargic. I swear down your guy gets tired after a 10m sprint.

Quick Reply

Latest