The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

yeah if you want self-catered and you are lazy, go to one of the appartments. If you want self-catered and you don't mind a bit of a trek if you get a good atmosphere, choose Hampstead. If like me, you don't want to be arsed cooking, you want great failities, want to meet a truly diverese set of people, and want to live in the best part of London, go Intercollegiate. Once more, International Hall FTW!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 41
cheesecakebobby
yeah if you want self-catered and you are lazy, go to one of the appartments. If you want self-catered and you don't mind a bit of a trek if you get a good atmosphere, choose Hampstead. If like me, you don't want to be arsed cooking, you want great failities, want to meet a truly diverese set of people, and want to live in the best part of London, go Intercollegiate. Once more, International Hall FTW!

thanx for the info =) Wheres the intercolegiate halls situated?? and it's more expensive isn't it ?coz they do the meals for u..but then ure meals are at set times... :s-smilie:
Reply 42
Orange-med
relax a bit guys she was just asking for your advice. I've got an interveiw coming up soon and i'm curious about what the uni is going to be like but i have to say no one has to sell me london. I love the place. I don't know how you can possibly be unsure, people either love it or hate it, i come from coventry (right next to bham) and i would love to get an offer from KCL largely due to the fondness i have for london. I think you have to ask yourself some questions if you're still unsure about the city...

whereabouts in cov?:>
Reply 43
Ahh, finally going the way I wanted it to! Thanks all.

Now, in a COMPLETE and utter turnaround, I'm now more into King's than I am of Birmingham (lots of people I know from school going to Bham and more worringly so far 4 are planning on doing the course I want!) so unless I really do hate it, I'll be FTFADIA (Feeling the fear and doing it anyway) and trying London life.

I'm def going to go intercollegiate, sooo (besides international - what makes it so good? :p: ) any opinions on the halls, which is not too far from KCL Strand Campus whilst also being a v decent place to live with an awesome, immense social life!?

And on the open days is there an opportunity to see these halls, this is given the fact I will not have a CLUE where I am when I'm in London so I can't just pop over!
Reply 44
Lady_Muck
Ahh, finally going the way I wanted it to! Thanks all.

Now, in a COMPLETE and utter turnaround, I'm now more into King's than I am of Birmingham (lots of people I know from school going to Bham and more worringly so far 4 are planning on doing the course I want!) so unless I really do hate it, I'll be FTFADIA (Feeling the fear and doing it anyway) and trying London life.

I'm def going to go intercollegiate, sooo (besides international - what makes it so good? :p: ) any opinions on the halls, which is not too far from KCL Strand Campus whilst also being a v decent place to live with an awesome, immense social life!?
And on the open days is there an opportunity to see these halls, this is given the fact I will not have a CLUE where I am when I'm in London so I can't just pop over!

The closest to Kings would be Stamford Street apartments, which is so convenient for those lucky enough to get it. But bear in mind that you might not actually get the first choice in accommodation, so dont become too fixated with one place and then you're disappointed when they offer you another.
I think there could be open days in the summer to see the accommodation, but it definitely wont be on the general Strand campus and library open days, since there's so many of them and you'd have to travel quite far to see each one.
Reply 45
It's a departmental open day...Any difference whatsoever?! Or will it still no show.
Reply 46
Lady_Muck
It's a departmental open day...Any difference whatsoever?! Or will it still no show.

I dont think you'll get to see the halls on a departmental open day. Not only is it a bit inconvenient to travel there as a group, but there's people living there so you cant exactly go in their bedrooms and stuff now I would say. If they do one, it must be in summer when they're empty.
You'll just take a look at the strand building, student union and library, and with the amount of walking involved, you'll be glad it's over! Although saying that, everything looks really nice, it just takes a while to walk to the library etc.
PaperMoon
I dont think you'll get to see the halls on a departmental open day. Not only is it a bit inconvenient to travel there as a group, but there's people living there so you cant exactly go in their bedrooms and stuff now I would say. If they do one, it must be in summer when they're empty.
You'll just take a look at the strand building, student union and library, and with the amount of walking involved, you'll be glad it's over! Although saying that, everything looks really nice, it just takes a while to walk to the library etc.

Definitely look at the library! It's so nice! :smile:
How long does it take to walk from Stamford to the Strand campus? It only takes me about 20 mins from International anyway.

And to walk from the Strand to the library only takes about 10 mins, if that...for me, at least.
The only good thing about King's is the wenches who frequent the hogshead on half-price Mondays. Other than that, it's nothing remarkable - for remarkable see LSE.
mobb_theprequel
The only good thing about King's is the wenches who frequent the hogshead on half-price Mondays. Other than that, it's nothing remarkable - for remarkable see LSE.

For at LSE they quite clearly don't have wenches who frequent the Hogshead on half-prince Mondays.

Hmmm... how about you leave the people who go to King's to actually say how good it is as opposed to some we're-better-than-you Economics Student at LSE?
I think he means remarkable as 'full of arrogant hooligans'
Reply 52
When CAN you see the halls then?!
I'm guessing the website doesn't come with pictures then...

Nonetheless, student accomodation everywhere is roughly the same. And you don't spend that much time in your room anyway.
Actually there are 360 degree photos of most of the halls. I found them myself after I applied, surely anyone bright enough to even be considered for KCL can work it out for themself :p:
Reply 55
Er, duh.

How on earth are you supposed to have an accurate representation of a halls of residence, the area it sits in and the building itself (+ facilities) through a sodding photograph? Surely anyong who is bright enough to be studying at LSE can grasp that concept! :p:
cheesecakebobby
Actually there are 360 degree photos of most of the halls. I found them myself after I applied, surely anyone bright enough to even be considered for KCL can work it out for themself :p:

Indeed. I always found King's websites really good for information when I was applying, even if it looks a bit shoddy.

And, it's only accommodation. Chances are you'll like wherever you end up, all of them are habitable, and if you really don't like it, you can move. Part of the fun is turning up and finding out about the place...
Reply 57
Prequel I agree with you 100%.
Chi4Zlatan
Prequel I agree with you 100%.

By which you are indirectly subscribing to the view that all LSE women are ugly.
GengisKahn
By which you are indirectly subscribing to the view that all LSE women are ugly.

King's is renowned for its slutty girls and getting ransacked by a superior college, nothing more. So please stop getting rude and just accept things for what they are.

Latest