The Student Room Group

King's College London A102 GEM 2023 Entry

Welcome to the King's College London A102 (Graduate / Professional Entry Programme) 2023 Entry Discussion.

KCL A102 2022 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7109192

KCL A102 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560692

KCL A102 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022536

For general information click: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/medicine-graduate-professional-entry-mbbs

For entry requirements click: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/medicine-graduate-professional-entry-mbbs#coursepage-entry-requirements

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

How difficult is it to get into the KCL GEM 2023 medicine programme, what would your ucat score need to be? I have completed my degree in Biomed from 2018-2021 at Roehampton University.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by alisha71
How difficult is it to get into the KCL GEM 2023 medicine programme, what would your ucat score need to be? I have completed my degree in Biomed from 2018-2021 at Roehampton University.

Last year you needed 3000+ to get an interview
Hi, I'm applying for 2023 entry...
Just a quick question.... when they say on the website that " Examination results and the UCAT score are perhaps the most important factors when considering applications"... do they mean degree qualifications or A levels or both? Also, do we have to send a transcript to them?
I was also wondering if a 2:1 in a master's integrated would get equivalent points to a 1st in a BSc?
Many thanks in advance :smile:
Has anyone done the UCAT yet? I'm really struggling with the revision for it :frown:
Original post by _GEM23
Last year you needed 3000+ to get an interviewMay I ask where you got this information from? Is it that spreadsheet with all the GEM uni interview STATs on?

Please may I ask where you got this information from? Is it that spreadsheet with all the GEM uni interview STATs on?
Original post by Meridean123
Please may I ask where you got this information from? Is it that spreadsheet with all the GEM uni interview STATs on?

I think it’s on last years thread. There’s a spreadsheet and just people saying their ucat score and whether or not they got an interview.
Original post by _GEM23
Last year you needed 3000+ to get an interview

Really I read somewhere that it was 2820 and 2880 for the previous year. Cause kings don’t have a cut off I thought cause it’s an all round application?
I’m probably gonna apply. I got 2820 and band 1. A-levels are alright AAB and GCSE’s good 7A* 3A’s. Yet to write my personal statement but I’m gonna wait till I’ve finished my work experience :smile:
I don’t know whether to apply or not. I got 2750 but only band 3 which is a bit crap. I’ll likely come out of uni with a high 2:1 or even 1st in MSci biological sciences. Decent A-levels and GCSEs. Some work experience, planning to have more in the next couple of months.
Does anyone know how interviews will work? The webpage says during the 21/22 cycle interviews were held online, but doesn't go into any detail about the current cycle?

Where can I find this spreadsheet please?
Does anyone know if the number of places for KCL A102 is the same as pre-COVID for 2023? Also what a lower UCAT cut-off will roughly be for interview?
Hello everyone, :smile:

As you may have noticed, this thread owner is @TSR George - an account used by TSR for several purposes including as a placeholder when a thread owner wishes to delete their account.

If you would like to be the new first post in this thread - you can!
To do this, please tag @04MR17 or @StrawberryDreams in this thread and ask for the OP to be changed to you.
Please do this if you would like to add additional resources into the OP and intend to stay around on the forums during the application cycle.

The owner of a thread will only be changed once - except if an OP deletes their account.

Please allow 48 hours for your request to be seen and actioned. This message will be posted into each of the 2023 applicants threads currently owned by TSR George.

Thanks all,

MR
Goodluck everyone with applications! :smile:
Good luck to everyone!

Does anybody know how long it takes KCL to send out acknowledgment emails? I sent my application almost 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back from them. I read somewhere that applicants who have previously applied and have a KCL Apply account don't receive acknowledgment emails and the portal is updated. However, I don't see the 2023 application on my portal. I'd appreciate any help! Thank you!
Reply 17
Original post by mainstream_pp
Good luck to everyone!

Does anybody know how long it takes KCL to send out acknowledgment emails? I sent my application almost 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back from them. I read somewhere that applicants who have previously applied and have a KCL Apply account don't receive acknowledgment emails and the portal is updated. However, I don't see the 2023 application on my portal. I'd appreciate any help! Thank you!

I got mine on the 7th after my Uni sent the application off on the 6th, but I am a first-time Kings applicant, so that might be why
Reply 18

yeah you're right I was looking at the 2021 stats my bad!! I'm really hoping they'll be going back to pre-pandemic levels this year I really didn't do as well in my UCAT as I hoped :s-smilie:
Has anyone not received confirmation from KCL yet/King's apply login details?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending