The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Kent chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Totally supposed to encourage everyone to vote at work. We're supposed to wear ribbons and then ask each customer at the till 'have you voted?' Have I done it? :ninja:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 181
:mmm:

I still need to go to the tea soc.
Might be a weird question, but...

Does anyone know how to control the radiators in Parkwood houses?

Mine appears to come on at random times, ie, times I don''t want it on. Right now I cant really sleep as its too hot. If I open the window I cant sleep because inevitably someone outside will start making a load of noise...

There is a knob on it that turns, but this seems to have no effect =/

Thanks to anyone who can offer help lol
Reply 183
Original post by AlexInWonderland

Mine appears to come on at random times, ie, times I don''t want it on. Right now I cant really sleep as its too hot. If I open the window I cant sleep because inevitably someone outside will start making a load of noise...

It it's anything like tyler some of them are just broken :erm: I was hanging out in my bikini when it snowed last year...

edit: Just asked friends...some of the parkwood ones are definitely just broken
Reply 184

Nobody in my entire house knows how to work em - they were on really hot when we arrived, so we just turned everything down on the boiler. Turning the boiler back up hasn't put them back on.. :|
Reply 185
Does anyone know how much milk costs at essentials? I'm too lazy to go check lol
Original post by jsd26
Does anyone know how much milk costs at essentials? I'm too lazy to go check lol

About 55p for a pint, I think 80-90ish for 2 pints?
Cheaper to buy it from Tesco or somewhere really, that said, it is hardly a major expense
Original post by Blazara
Nobody in my entire house knows how to work em - they were on really hot when we arrived, so we just turned everything down on the boiler. Turning the boiler back up hasn't put them back on.. :|

Not even sure where our boiler is, not in the kitchen like some people have...
Reply 187
About 55p for a pint, I think 80-90ish for 2 pints?
Cheaper to buy it from Tesco or somewhere really, that said, it is hardly a major expense

Not even sure where our boiler is, not in the kitchen like some people have...

That means it'll be in the room which nobody can get into :frown:

I was in Parkwood a couple of years ago and I remember one of the maintainence guys telling me there is a temperature sensor in the hallway and if it gets too cold then the radiators come on. If you reguarly have people coming in and out of your house, or you leave the downstairs toilet window open after a particularly smelly bowel movement, then the heating will start up.

Having said all this, it may just be broken. Your best bet really is to go and talk to reception and seeing if they can help.
Any other TSRians at Massive Mungos last night? Wasn't too bad at all :holmes:
Reply 190
Original post by Champagne Supernova

I wassss. Then I went home and vommed.

Why didn't they let me stand on the stairs? :[
Original post by Blazara
I wassss. Then I went home and vommed.

Why didn't they let me stand on the stairs? :[

:rolleyes: Typical :p:

Which stairs :holmes: Probably some fire exit excuse..
i was there in my crap costume but had amazing time i always enjoy massive mungo's!!! and getting freeish drinks cause a friend works there also helps mwahahhaah!!!:smile::wink:
Reply 193

The music was crap.
Reply 194
:rolleyes: Typical :p:

Which stairs :holmes: Probably some fire exit excuse..

Nawuh, it was the ones in front of the DJs. I was just trying to locate mah peeps :frown:
I cannot believe how ridiculous the queues are to get into the venue. Even if you've already bought a ticket, you still have to queue for like 2 hours!!!! :angry:
Free Chemistry queue jumps & free entry FTW :awesome:

Half the reason I never go Venue is because of the queue (the other half is because 1. it's not amazing imo and 2. I work 3-4 nights a week)
Original post by Mo-knee
The music was crap.

What music were you expecting? :confused:

Original post by Blazara
Nawuh, it was the ones in front of the DJs. I was just trying to locate mah peeps :frown:

I don't really know then. Though from past experience, trying to locate peeps by standing on the stairs never works unless you know an actual giant.

Original post by supernova92
I cannot believe how ridiculous the queues are to get into the venue. Even if you've already bought a ticket, you still have to queue for like 2 hours!!!! :angry:

It is crazy :indiff: Haven't been to the Venue yet this term..
Reply 198
The only times I've been to the Venue is with a queue jump. Wouldn't go otherwise...
There were queue jump things available (which we had to tear off from our calenders! ), but they weren't accepting them yesterday, as there was "too many of us" :s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending