The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Accommodations

Is there a scheme with Kent that offers cheaper accommodation prices?
Original post by Anonymous
Is there a scheme with Kent that offers cheaper accommodation prices?

Hi there :smile:

If you are referring to on-campus accommodation, then yes the University of Kent does offers accommodation specific discount schemes.

1. Firstly, there is the general financial support available to Kent students, more information on this can be found here.

2. For new and returning students, you can sign up for the Open Day Show Room Scheme when applying for accommodation, if you take part, you may receive a 5% discount on your accommodation fees.

3. If you are a postgraduate or returning undergraduate student, you can apply to be a Residential Life Assistant, this will allow a significant discount on the accommodations fees. (75% in 2022/23) The application for this opens every spring, so you can look out for this for next year.
More information on these two schemes can be found here.

4. If you have an essential need for a specific type of accommodation due to a disability, medical condition or mobility issue, you may also be eligible for a reduction in accommodation fees.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further queries, I'll be happy to answer them. :smile:

Chloe :smile:
University of Kent Student Rep
(edited 8 months ago)
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Im currently going into second year and have been offered a place at Woolf. is there a way I can get to know flatmates or people who have also received offers from Woolf or would I have to wait until I move in?
Im currently going into second year and have been offered a place at Woolf. is there a way I can get to know flatmates or people who have also received offers from Woolf or would I have to wait until I move in?

Hi there,

Congratulations on your offer for second year accommodation at Woolf! :biggrin:

Unfortunately, due to the Data Protection Act, students are not able to see who their coming flatmates will be, meaning you will have to wait until you move in.
However, once you are in, there are a few things you can do to know your flatmates once you get in!

Attend the Woolf Welcome Event: The Woolf Welcome Event is a great opportunity to meet your flatmates and other students who are living in Woolf. The event will usually include activities such as games, icebreakers, and tours of the accommodation
Put up a notice in the kitchen/common room: You can put up a notice in the kitchen or common room introducing yourself and asking if anyone would like to meet up.
Join the Woolf Facebook group: There is a Facebook group for students living in Woolf. This is a great way to connect with other students and find out about events and activities happening in Woolf.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. :smile:

Warm regards,

David :smile:
University of Kent Representative
Original post by University of Kent
Hi there,

Congratulations on your offer for second year accommodation at Woolf! :biggrin:

Unfortunately, due to the Data Protection Act, students are not able to see who their coming flatmates will be, meaning you will have to wait until you move in.
However, once you are in, there are a few things you can do to know your flatmates once you get in!

Attend the Woolf Welcome Event: The Woolf Welcome Event is a great opportunity to meet your flatmates and other students who are living in Woolf. The event will usually include activities such as games, icebreakers, and tours of the accommodation
Put up a notice in the kitchen/common room: You can put up a notice in the kitchen or common room introducing yourself and asking if anyone would like to meet up.
Join the Woolf Facebook group: There is a Facebook group for students living in Woolf. This is a great way to connect with other students and find out about events and activities happening in Woolf.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. :smile:

Warm regards,

David :smile:
University of Kent Representative

is there a link for the Woolf Facebook group, and is the welcome event normally during freshers week?
is there a link for the Woolf Facebook group, and is the welcome event normally during freshers week?

Hi,

I had a search on Facebook and this was the group I found for the Woolf Facebook group. There is also a larger freshers group chat on Facebook where you can post and see if anyone is in the same accommodation as you.

For freshers week, keep an eye out on socials to see what is happening during freshers week and throughout the term, both for your accommodation and more generally. It is a great time to try out some activities you have never done before and make friends!

Take a look here for events going on in Canterbury and Medway.

Let us know if you have any more questions. :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending