The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Kent chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Rummaging through my room, I've just found a Kent Bag, with a Kent Notepad in it and other assorted Kent items. This stuff is 2 years old and hasn't been touched in that long. Lolll.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 21
Kent <3 :biggrin:
Original post by metalthrashin'mad
Moving back on the 10th september. I really wanted to move back on the third, but with my brother starting college that weekend, and stuff having to be bought for him my parents said they wouldn't take me. Fair enough. Gives me time to buy lots of badly needed new clothes, and the cds I ordered might not have come in time.

Anyway can't wait to move back to the ever lovely Canterbury, see my friends and recommence my philosophy course. I actually plan to go to lectures and seminars and put in actual effort this year

And to you MTM, I saw slayer at Sonisphere this summer! Had my mate on my shoulders for a lot of them though which was a bit of a bummer! :P
Reply 22
Ewuh Metal...

Spoiler

Reply 23
Original post by ovie
And could somebody tell me how far(minutes to walk )the campus is from Canterbury centre,where all the shops are?!

Where are you on campus? Campus is big. And what shops do you want? City centre is big also (well, not really, but its a 10 minute walk across the city).
Original post by Bgreen91
Kent <3 :biggrin:

And to you MTM, I saw slayer at Sonisphere this summer! Had my mate on my shoulders for a lot of them though which was a bit of a bummer! :P

awesome. I haven't been to a fest before, but I saw them about 14 months ago, they were awesome. They're one of my favourite bands so it was cool
Original post by fran.ha
No I am not (yes that was me HELL). Moved in with 4 other girls, one is OCD clean which is GREAT.

One of the girls im moving in with is a bit of an OCD clean freak, and I'm a lazy ****er who hardly does anything and lets any washing up stack in my room till i need it again. Lets see how this gos
Original post by ovie
And could somebody tell me how far(minutes to walk )the campus is from Canterbury centre,where all the shops are?!

from central campus 20-30 minutes depending how fast you walk.
Reply 27
One of the girls im moving in with is a bit of an OCD clean freak, and I'm a lazy ****er who hardly does anything and lets any washing up stack in my room till i need it again. Lets see how this gos

Well keep it to your room and she shouldn't have a problem :p:
Reply 28
awesome. I haven't been to a fest before, but I saw them about 14 months ago, they were awesome. They're one of my favourite bands so it was cool

They were really good. To be honest with you, they're not a favourite band of mine but they were good nonetheless.

I hadn't been to a fest as well before this summer, Soni was really good, everyone was really nice!
Original post by fran.ha
Well keep it to your room and she shouldn't have a problem :p:

that was a bit of a lie, i had piles of stuff in the kitchen for weeks at a time last year. lucky only me and one other guy actually used the kitchen
They were really good. To be honest with you, they're not a favourite band of mine but they were good nonetheless.

I hadn't been to a fest as well before this summer, Soni was really good, everyone was really nice!

Most people are at gigs, apart from that **** who got pissed off because i slagged off mayhem after they played a headline set of 45 minutes with no energy or crowd interaction. Made worse by the fact none of the openers turned up, and they spent 90 minutes setting up the drumkit. Very nearly got into a fight.

Anyway most people at gigs are awesome, just like to talk about the music and everything. Just comment on someones bandshirt and you can have an awesome convo
Reply 31
Most people are at gigs, apart from that **** who got pissed off because i slagged off mayhem after they played a headline set of 45 minutes with no energy or crowd interaction. Made worse by the fact none of the openers turned up, and they spent 90 minutes setting up the drumkit. Very nearly got into a fight.

Anyway most people at gigs are awesome, just like to talk about the music and everything. Just comment on someones bandshirt and you can have an awesome convo

Most people at gigs are awesome! I'm seeing Alter Bridge in November, pretty sure that'll be awesome.
Reply 32
that was a bit of a lie, i had piles of stuff in the kitchen for weeks at a time last year. lucky only me and one other guy actually used the kitchen

Meh, that'd annoy me and I don't have OCD :p: My last house had gross dirty plates and stuff all the time.

Actually, being in this house for the last few days I have almost 'picked up' a few of her OCD habits. Not in a bad way, just because I'm thinking about it I'm making sure I clean my plates after breakfast or clear up my crumbs etc. Hopefully it'll turn into a habit and then I'll be nice and clean too!
Reply 33
Original post by fran.ha
Meh, that'd annoy me and I don't have OCD :p: My last house had gross dirty plates and stuff all the time.

Actually, being in this house for the last few days I have almost 'picked up' a few of her OCD habits. Not in a bad way, just because I'm thinking about it I'm making sure I clean my plates after breakfast or clear up my crumbs etc. Hopefully it'll turn into a habit and then I'll be nice and clean too!

Apparently two of the guys i'm living with next year are also very much on top of their tidiness :biggrin: It does help when you live with friends such as these! Haha.
Reply 34
Apparently two of the guys i'm living with next year are also very much on top of their tidiness :biggrin: It does help when you live with friends such as these! Haha.

I haven't even asked my roomies how messy they are.. oops. :3
Reply 35
I will be doing Computer science in September and I have finally received my accommodation today =DD
Hopefully I will be moving in on the 17th and to be honest I am really excited and nervous!!
Thanks for opening this thread btw, it really helps =)

P.S: is anyone here also doing computer science?
Reply 36
Original post by Blazara
I haven't even asked my roomies how messy they are.. oops. :3

These are guys I know from last year so I just know what they're like lol, one of the guys rooms was always spotless so our house will be as well I think, which is good! If this is your first year then you'll soon find out :wink:
Original post by fran.ha
Yep. Oh dear, tell me what it's like? I hate all our poncy modules with their poncy titles that mean you can't understand what they really are. I'm assumming digital portfolio is some sort of flash website stuff?

Least looking forward to software dev. Not my cup of tea.

Also I know it might change but what was your timetable like last year? :p: I have all my lectures so far listed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Don't know if that'll stay. No labs yet though :frown:

Yeah sure, Les as you may know is a harsh marker. Make sure for your software development classes you go to the lectures which involve class diagrams (they are important) for digital portfolio you use adobe flash to create a portfolio for a particular person. I think 30 images of work from the person is required. Don't do the the mistake i did and try be different. I did scrolling content and it didnt really do me any justice (you will know what i mean when you get given lecture notes/labs)

In terms of labs, thursdays was hell for us. 9-1 then 2-5 for 3D design. Im not sure if it will be the same for you as the guy who did 3D left. Yeah the labs are the last things to get updated. We did have a few days off the week during mid term (second term if i remember correctly) but that was pretty much spent on 3D. I think you may be using 3DS MAX or something like that where we used Maya.
Reply 38
Original post by BossManSingh
Yeah sure, Les as you may know is a harsh marker. Make sure for your software development classes you go to the lectures which involve class diagrams (they are important) for digital portfolio you use adobe flash to create a portfolio for a particular person. I think 30 images of work from the person is required. Don't do the the mistake i did and try be different. I did scrolling content and it didnt really do me any justice (you will know what i mean when you get given lecture notes/labs)

In terms of labs, thursdays was hell for us. 9-1 then 2-5 for 3D design. Im not sure if it will be the same for you as the guy who did 3D left. Yeah the labs are the last things to get updated. We did have a few days off the week during mid term (second term if i remember correctly) but that was pretty much spent on 3D. I think you may be using 3DS MAX or something like that where we used Maya.

Oh yeah I know what you mean by scrolling content, heh I'll probably just stick to the conventions! Is it Ania? She quite likes me I think, got a decent mark on my website for Interaction Design.

So you don't do your OWN portfolio? What a waste of time :p:

I think we're still doing Maya? Hmm. Guess I'll find out.

One Monday I have FOUR hours of Audio Visual GAH
Original post by fran.ha
Oh yeah I know what you mean by scrolling content, heh I'll probably just stick to the conventions! Is it Ania? She quite likes me I think, got a decent mark on my website for Interaction Design.

So you don't do your OWN portfolio? What a waste of time :p:

I think we're still doing Maya? Hmm. Guess I'll find out.

One Monday I have FOUR hours of Audio Visual GAH

From what i remember you dont have Ania this year. Oh yeah now i remember why i hated mondays! The audio and video exam were funny. You have to be quite specific in your answers and i think you may have to do a little bit more research rather than just looking at lecture notes. Also software Development has a coursework kind of thing (thinks its term 2) where you have to create a program (connect 4) and answer questions about it (this is spread of the whole term)

How did you find your first year, what were your favourite modules?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending