The Student Room Group

Favourite movie quotes ever

Scroll to see replies

:bump:
1. "The truth is... I gave my heart away a long time ago, my whole heart... and I never really got it back."
- Reese Witherspoon, Sweet Home Alabama

2. Sherlock Holmes: [voice-over] "Head cocked to the left, partial deafness in ear: first point of attack. Two: throat; paralyze vocal chords, stop scream. Three: got to be a heavy drinker, floating rib to the liver. Four: finally, drag in left leg, fist to patella. Summary prognosis: unconscious in ninety seconds, martial efficacy quarter of an hour at best. Full faculty recovery: unlikely."

3. [a chambermaid enters Irene Adler's room and screams when she sees Holmes, handcuffed naked to the bed with a pillow covering his groin]

Sherlock Holmes: Madam, I need you to remain calm. And trust me, I'm a professional. Beneath this pillow, lies the key to my release.

[the Maid screams again and runs out; cut to later in a carriage]

Sherlock Holmes: Of course, she mis-interpreted my meaning entirely.
Constable Clark: Naturally, sir.
Reply 382
Original post by Zubby77
What about:

Ah.. you think darkness is your ally; but you have merely adopted the dark, I was born in it

:coma:

Agreed, that's even more awesome :wink:

EDIT: The rest of it is also awesome :tongue:

... I was moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, and by then it was nothing but blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me!

the total may be a bit long for a 'line' though ^^
(edited 11 years ago)
'Quit, don't quit? Noodles, don't noodles? You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
- Oogway, Kung Fu Panda (2008)

:laugh:

almost all the quotes in Kung Fu Panda are amazing!
probably been posted before but i cant be bothered to read the whole thread :P

'English mother****er, do you speak it?', Pulp Fiction
Reply 385
"Why so serious?"

I think most of us can guess who said that :tongue:
Reply 386
I advise you to watch 'Good Will Hunting' of you're looking for quotes. A good film that is :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
Reply 387
Original post by NapoleonDynamite

*Anything from any Quentin Tarantino movie*

This
(edited 11 years ago)
Natural Born Killers

Wayne Gale (on the phone to his girlfriend)- Ming! I just left her - put a bottle of Dom on ice and get some ecstasy, I'm gonna come over tonight and put a hot pepper up your arse--

Ming - ]No you're not...

Wayne Gale - I love you Ming! ...Ming? MING???

---

Wayne Gale (being taken hostage) - My name is Wayne Gale! I am the star of "American Maniacs", watched by 40 million people a week! I am a respected journalist, winner of the Murrow and the Golden Globe Award to name a few! I have been shot, you are on camera! We are live. If anybody tries to **** up our escape, I will make it my life's mission, to put Dwight McClusky out of commission! I will do expose after expose, revealing the inhumanity, the brutality of the conditions that exist here. You! Back up, back up! My name is Wayne Gale! I am the star of "American Maniacs"--!

Basically any quote by Wayne :cool:
(edited 11 years ago)
KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!

That is all.

On a serious note, gotta be this scene:

Like tears in rain.
(edited 11 years ago)
'Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn' from Gone With the Wind, delivered by the gorgeous Clark Gable <3

and

'I don't want realism! I want magic!' from 'A Streetcar Named Desire' as said by Blanche Dubois.

These are more my favourite book quotes, but they're in the films so:

'If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more' said by Mr Knightly in Emma.

And my other favourite Emma quote is 'We are not so much brother and sister as to make it improper,'...'Brother and sister? No indeed'

And then from 'The Tenant of Wildfell Hall'- 'I would rather have your friendship than the love of any other woman in the world' I want someone to say this to me!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 393
Original post by Gulshie
No no...it is "fly you fools" i am sure.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=59BHNYpKx2A
:biggrin:

THANK YOU! I keep seeing memes all over the internet saying "Run, you fools" and it drives me crazy! If people are going to quote one of the most important moments of the film, GET IT RIGHT! *Takes deep breath to signify end of rant*
"Yippie kay-yay mother ****er " die hard

"you got some balls coming in here" - " yeah, im amazed i can even walk" safe

"english mother ****er, do you speak it" pulp fiction
Original post by c.anez
"Why so serious?"

I think most of us can guess who said that :tongue:

THE best quote ever, i got its t shirt :wink:
Reply 396
Pretty sure this must have been posted somewhere on this thread, but if not, Liam Neeson in Taken:

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you."

Best quote ever!
You talkin to me?
Reply 398
"You'll have bad times, but they'll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren't paying attention to"

Any guesses?
Reply 399
HERMIONE: “I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed - or worse, expelled.”
RON: She needs to sort out her priorities.
RON: Why couldn't it be follow the butterflies?
(harry potter)

BOROMIR: one does not simply walk into mordor
GOLLUM/ SMEAGOL: my precious
(lord of the rings)

CONKLIN: Let's ask Marie what she wants to do.
JASON BOURNE: Actually, I don't think she gives a s**t. She's dead.
(the bourne...)

ELIZABETH: it is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.
ELIZABETH: You are mistaken, Mr. Darcy, if you suppose that the mode of your declaration affected me in any other way, than as it spared me the concern which I might have felt in refusing you, had you behaved in a more gentleman-like manner. (not sure if that one's in the film but it's still amazing)
(pride and prejudice)

ALDO:I got a word of warning for all you would-be warriors. When you join my command, you take on debit. A debit you owe me personally. Each and every man under my command owes me one hundred Nazi scalps. And I want my scalps. And all y'all will git me one hundred Nazi scalps, taken from the heads of one hundred dead Nazis. Or you will die tryin'.
(inglourious Basterds)

Quick Reply

Latest