UCL Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by kingcoltzan
Yeah, an offers an offer, don't be ungrateful you silly boy. :cool:

Bit harsh?
Reply 1381
Original post by Toppy
"All candidates must offer GCSE (or O-level from a UK examination board) at grade B or above in both English
Language and Mathematics. IGCSE at grade B, a score of 5 as part of the International Baccalaureate diploma or
8.5 in the European Baccalaureate are also acceptable to fulfil the Mathematics and English Language
requirements.
If English is not your first language then an alternative English Language test may be offered
(preferably IELTS)
From 2012 UCL expects all UK applicants to offer a modern foreign language at GCSE grade C or equivalent.
This requirement does not apply to international students who are already bilingual due to speaking both English
and the language of their home country. Candidates may be admitted if they do not offer a modern foreign
language GCSE, but would be obliged to take a language course as part of the medical degree programme during
their first year so as to meet the language requirement of UCL."

But obviously it's better if you have higher.

Have a look here: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/medicalschool/undergraduate/mbbs-admissions/entry-requirements/MBBS_Entry_Requirements.pdf

thankyou!! im in year 11 and i think i can get A* is all sciences, maths and french, rs and media but my only concern is english really. il hoping for a B in language and A in litereature. do u think that alright
Reply 1382
Original post by akash297
Bit harsh?

Just wondering... Was looking at your starts...Have you applied for PPE in Oxford this year also?? :O
Anyways.. Congratz on your offer! :smile:
Reply 1383
It was thursday

Yesterday or a the Thursday before that?
Reply 1384
Original post by Nils31
Yesterday or a the Thursday before that?

Thursday before that. Don't think that even the medical department is that efficient. I was meant to have my interview the week before that, but my cousin is interviewing, and they didn't want there to be a chance I might have her!
Reply 1385
Original post by annie93
Just wondering... Was looking at your starts...Have you applied for PPE in Oxford this year also?? :O
Anyways.. Congratz on your offer! :smile:

I was thinking about it for a while...but changed my choices last year
Reply 1386
Original post by rambo94
I had B in psychology AS and I got my offer yesterday after interview on tuesday :biggrin:

Was your interview in the morning or afternoon section? :smile:
And many congratz on your offer!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1387
I'm predicted 40, and my offer is 40 with 666 at HL. I should (hopefully) be fine with the higher levels, but its annoying that its so high. UCL was my first choice but now i have to re-think it.

you could always firm UCL and have a lower offer as your insurance?
Reply 1388
Offer! Had my interview yesterday :smile:
Original post by Nils31
Offer! Had my interview yesterday :smile:

Congrats :smile: It's soo exciting!!! :biggrin:
Reply 1390
Hi this is my first post :-) i'm a year 11 pupil and i would really like to study medicine at ucl. I'm just concerned that my grades aren't good enough. These are the grades i'll probably end up getting.

Maths A/B
English lit A/A*
English lang A
Statistics B :frown:
Biology A
Chemistry A/A*
Physics A
Health and social (btec double) distinction*, distinction
IT A
Textiles A
R.E A*
German B

Something like 3 A*s 8 As and 2 Bs
I'm really confused and could really use some advice. Thanks!
Reply 1391
I'm abserloutly panicking. Havnt heard a word from UCL, and they've probably already given out all their interviews. I just wish they didn't take so long to just reject me, and end the torment I'm going through :'(
Original post by Shalo1
I'm abserloutly panicking. Havnt heard a word from UCL, and they've probably already given out all their interviews. I just wish they didn't take so long to just reject me, and end the torment I'm going through :'(

Same!
Reply 1393
Original post by Alex J
you could always firm UCL and have a lower offer as your insurance?

Yep that's what i'm thinking
Reply 1394
Original post by Shalo1

tell me about it...

does anyone know how many more interview dates there are likely to be?
Hey there,

I found out that UCL wants applicatants to have a MFL at gcse. Unfornatualy I didn't know about that since a month ago and I am now doing AS.

DO you reckon they would be fine with it if I speak german fluently because I lived there for more than 10 yrs and did my high school there. Or are requirements, requirements and I get a straight rejection for a little mistake.
Reply 1396
Original post by purplefrog

Last week of Feb to the 2nd week of March would be my best guess. I know that in itself is a really broad window for interview invites, but it really does depend on how many offers they've given out so far. They could cut it off sooner if they give out more than expected or the interview period could drag out longer than published as they haven't dished out as many offers.

Oh wow thats soon! so at the point at which they stop inviting to interview will they just reject everyone remaining who wasnt invited, in one big batch?
Original post by Alex J
Oh wow thats soon! so at the point at which they stop inviting to interview will they just reject everyone remaining who wasnt invited, in one big batch?

unfortunately for those in that situation... yes:colondollar:
Reply 1398
Any offer holders, there is now a facebook group! :smile:
Reply 1399
Original post by UCLgal
Any offer holders, there is now a facebook group! :smile:

Link?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending