The Student Room Group

What did you do for your 18th birthday?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jack22031994
Happy Birthday! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Thank you :-)
I need some ideas too! I can't really have a house party (my last part was at my müms house and Res wine was spilled on white carpet and walls, and blue stains appeared and no one knows where they came from).
Renting out a hall seems risky too, since my friends are under 18 and I guess my parents would be responsible for any damage if it happened.
I wouldn't mind a house party since I know partying will be limited after December (probably before).

I had a picnic in the park :smile: Then we went back to my house and painted a huge mural type thing in the garden, followed by an epic water fight, followed by pasta, followed by movies and cake ^_^ Best day eveeeerrrrr!
The best I can hope for is to find a chocolate cake when I come home from school. At 20:00. :unimpressed:
Reply 104
I rented out a venue where everybody else was having their eighteenth despite my best efforts to find another venue (I wasn't having a house party since we were in the process of facelifting it for selling). It was pretty good, we sang, we danced, we had cake, we drank, we had a good time! :smile:
Revising ..

I can hardly remember...I think I went to sixth form, then came home and had some cake :dontknow:
Nothing personally, I had a 3 hour Physics Olympiad on mine :biggrin: I would advise something low key and memorable with some close, old friends, rather than getting wasted in a club somewhere. You want to be able to remember and look back on it in the future.
Its my 18th on Friday, I'm going to London for the night and on Saturday I'm going to see Wicked :smile: Can't really go out and get drunk with my friends because none of them are 18 yet. I'll probably have a house party though :smile:
Reply 109
I got my hair and nails done and went shopping using my birthday money and then had a meal with my family. I then went out clubbing with my friends which I don't remember much about, apart from two lads trying to pull my mate and I by trying to convince us they played for Liverpool.
Reply 110
watched tv
I have no idea, I've got a bad feeling it involved drinking cider with my parents.
Reply 112
Got really drunk :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's app in my head
Reply 113
Went for a meal with my parents where they sat there had a conversation and ignored me the whole night.....came as any other Birthday in my family

When out for a meal with my parents and sister, really great time! Great food, great night. Few days later, went to the pub with mates to celebrate. :smile:
Taking my first day off of college, worrying about my very first course brief :/ on my 19th birthday I started my second year of the course and had homework that night. That course was full on from start to finish. My friends did buy me a cake for my 19th though! They tried to keep it a secret from me but just before they wanted me to see it I turned up to see them inflating some balloons and lighting the candles :smile:
My 20th birthday will be my first birthday in a long time that I won't be doing some college work :biggrin: ... instead I will be packing because I move for university a few days afterwards.
It's my 18th on Sunday and I'm spending the day with two best friends at splashdown (water flumes) no alcohol involved. Should be great :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
Went on a pub crawl. Ended up getting into a fight with a St Bernard after downing 3 whiskies. Quiet night really.
Nothing, sat at home by myself because I have no friends :smile:

Reply 119
I pissed my bed...while my girlfriend was in it.

I had a little too much to drink..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending