The Student Room Group

Advice? Getting drunk on the cheap?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
3 litres of Frosty Jacks for £3. Drinking it all may not be advisable - 2litres is probably a good amount mixed well with cheap blackcurrant.

I think this is the most economical.
Original post by That Bearded Man
Haha - don't think I know of any eastern European off licences - tbh I'm planning on Tesco value vodka I think.

Where are you going to uni?

Tesco value vodka is the worst, i can't drink it anymore.
Original post by TurkeyProphet
I think wine or cider is generally the winner. But it's not just cost.

All of this cheap stuff is pretty horrible so you have to keep in mind you have to drink it.

Wine is horrible to down quickly. Cider is much better as it just tastes like appletiser with a distinct hint of vomit and goes down smooth.

But ultimately vodka or gin is usually the best. It can be mixed with anything (unlike whiskey or dark spirits). If you are a pro you simply drink a lot of it neat in one go and then have a chaser. The chance you will immediately vomit is quite high but if you don't you can just drink coke for the next hour because you are already well on your way to be wasted.

You can also stretch out a bottle of vodka much more.

Good luck.

I would probably have got tesco value vodka before I headed out, I still plan on getting some discount cans of beer but vodka and cider would be my idea.
Original post by original_username
Where are you going to uni?

Tesco value vodka is the worst, i can't drink it anymore.

Queens university belfast, considering I often drink vodka straight would vodka be even more economical since you save money on mixers?
Original post by OBAG09L
3 litres of Frosty Jacks for £3. Drinking it all may not be advisable - 2litres is probably a good amount mixed well with cheap blackcurrant.

I think this is the most economical.

Awww man....frosty jacks haha
Another question, considering to save money it's smart to pre-drink, how much alcohol do you consume in the nightclub?

I would usually spend no more than £15 inside a nightclub but I'm gonna try and cut that down to £5
Original post by Greenlaner
Some rum is good, some is bad. If in doubt, just mix it with coke until you can hardly taste it.

If you really want to blow your head off with a minimal amount of drinking involved, thus saving money, try and get some of this stuff vv

80%, puts hairs on your chest, and probably strips paint too.

And it tastes of what can only described as pickled hitlers testicles! Stroh is EVIL!
If you live in Newcastle there's no need to predrink when it's £2 a treble :smile: ahh good times!
Reply 48
Go on the type of medication you can't drink on. You suddenly find that alcohol goes a lot further :ninja:
Original post by PinkPomeranian
If you live in Newcastle there's no need to predrink when it's £2 a treble :smile: ahh good times!

Oh yes.....quit bragging you Geordie :biggrin:
Original post by kerily
Go on the type of medication you can't drink on. You suddenly find that alcohol goes a lot further :ninja:

Done that - didn't get drunk quicker - just spent more of the night on the edge for fear the meds weren't gonna work :8
Reply 51
Another question, considering to save money it's smart to pre-drink, how much alcohol do you consume in the nightclub?

I would usually spend no more than £15 inside a nightclub but I'm gonna try and cut that down to £5

Where I come from (south east) a fiver won't even get you 2 drinks, Jaegerbombs are 2 quid in some places but you'd need a lot to keep you going. A fiver might go further up north though.
Reply 52
either cheap wine or value cider
Original post by Jono404
Where I come from (south east) a fiver won't even get you 2 drinks, Jaegerbombs are 2 quid in some places but you'd need a lot to keep you going. A fiver might go further up north though.

I'm from Norn Ireland mate - I think that would be cheaper?
Make your own cider.

Apple juice is cheap, yeast is cheap, sugar is cheap, water is free. Job done. :cool:
Original post by Sabertooth
Make your own cider.

Apple juice is cheap, yeast is cheap, sugar is cheap, water is free. Job done. :cool:

Don't forget, "make your own fermentor"
Don't forget, "make your own fermentor"

2L soda bottle works perfectly. :wink:
If you're sure you really wanna get drunk...£8 bottle of supermarket rum, multiple extra generous measures with mixer of choice, you'll be crawling around on the floor pissed out of your head in no time at all.
Original post by Sabertooth
2L soda bottle works perfectly. :wink:

Ever try some of your own concoction? :smile:
Original post by Antifazian
If you're sure you really wanna get drunk...£8 bottle of supermarket rum, multiple extra generous measures with mixer of choice, you'll be crawling around on the floor pissed out of your head in no time at all.

Funny how people have different thoughts here, rum, vodka, cider, wine

And I mean the tipsy, cheery, happy drunk, not the vomitting, massive hangover, done something I'd regret drunk.

Quick Reply

Latest