The Student Room Group

Anyone applied through plus med to study medicine in Romania?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Alkesh
Which University are you at and what's the application procedure for it?

I'm at Craiova university. Procedure isn't hard, just put in your papers and you're in
Reply 141
I'm thinking of applying to Cluj, but I checked the website and it says nothing is available for the admissions for 2013/14. I'm not really sure what I'm doing to be perfectly honest. Am I meant to go through an agency to apply? And I have no idea when the application information is available and I don't want to miss the deadline. :s-smilie:
So does everyone agree that Cluj is the best University?
Reply 143
Original post by matthew1994
So does everyone agree that Cluj is the best University?

Yes it is regarded the best for English course. But tough to eat in... Based purely on grades and also they favour graduates
Original post by b.sarkar
Yes it is regarded the best for English course. But tough to eat in... Based purely on grades and also they favour graduates

Thanks, apart from carol davila and Cluj, whats the best university to go to regarding travelling from the UK? Are there any flights that go directly to the other University cities?
Reply 145
Original post by matthew1994
Thanks, apart from carol davila and Cluj, whats the best university to go to regarding travelling from the UK? Are there any flights that go directly to the other University cities?

My city Craiova will soon have direct flights to London... Timişoara has a direct flight I know Iasi will soon have one.. Arad is very near Budapest.. in general most unis are very easily accessible
Does anyone know how many universities in Romania I can apply to? Some people say 1 because the ministry of education will only give you 1 letter of acceptance. But some people say you could apply to as many as you like.
Reply 147
im gna apply to cluj for dentistry just wondering if anyone else is or if any1 is studying there?? :smile:
Reply 148
Edited
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 149
I did my research since September on how to apply to Romania, at first I was going to use studentmedadvisor.com but there while system seemed unprofessional, and I would avoid even glimpsing at them, however I've got my documents notarised etc and have decided to go with studymedabroad they've received my docs today and will just need my passport picture file, I'll keep you guys updated on What's going to happen next, please share your current position on your applications so far.

EDIT: I've told them id like to apply to craiova and iasi, iasi has alot of UK students plus no entrance exam, they base it on a point system, such as grades, personal statement etc.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 150
ive also applied to romania but to constanta university...i was going to use studymedabroad but found meddegreeabroad who are approved by the university so i used them
Reply 151
A few of my friends shared EXACTLY the same sentiments regarding medplus. coincidence?....

Probs not- I would be very surprised if there werent more.of these scams around :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 152
Original post by fatty01
Meddegreeabroad are NOT official agents. Medstudies is.....medstudies.co.uk can give you contact details of literally dozens of british asian students they have enrolled over the years. Check it out.....the other website is just a complete rip-off of medstudies.co.uk and u will just end up losing your 1000 quid depo. peace.

Your honest thoughts on studymedabroad ? they are based in sibiu, with their own company building. I tried to search for meddegreeabroad, no results so obviously some undercover agent posting on here, i've checked some other posts about people who have used studymedabroad and said they were ok, did what they said they would do, they don't promise you accommodation or stuff or this sim card nonsense, but they are physically with you for a few weeks if you need their advice, not to mention they answer all your questions on phone.
Reply 153
Original post by alitaqi
Your honest thoughts on studymedabroad ? they are based in sibiu, with their own company building. I tried to search for meddegreeabroad, no results so obviously some undercover agent posting on here, i've checked some other posts about people who have used studymedabroad and said they were ok, did what they said they would do, they don't promise you accommodation or stuff or this sim card nonsense, but they are physically with you for a few weeks if you need their advice, not to mention they answer all your questions on phone.

I trust them, when i went to visit, they showed me their approval from the uni and allowed me to meet the dean of the uni who told me they have many students every year, all of them got in...I am going to constanta in a month or so to take an entrance exam which meddegreeabroad has specifically organised with the university for its own students, its not avaliable to anyone else...ill let you you how its goes...
Reply 154
Can Anyone plz tell me anything, about these universities,, Oradea, Carol Davila and UMF cluj,,, and which one has more British student? and are those 3 unis good?
Reply 155
Original post by -AliBaba-
Can Anyone plz tell me anything, about these universities,, Oradea, Carol Davila and UMF cluj,,, and which one has more British student? and are those 3 unis good?

Hi,

Im at carol davila in 2nd year...well in my personal opinion oradea is cheap but a rubbish uni and place...cluj is the best but is really difficult to get into, you'll need more or less straight A's
Im at carol davila which is reputable but there is not many british students and hate it here which is why im transferring to Constanta next year as near enough all the students are british there and its an awesome place.
I went to the uni who put me through to their official agent who is now getting me transferred
Reply 156
Original post by andis999
Hi,

Im at carol davila in 2nd year...well in my personal opinion oradea is cheap but a rubbish uni and place...cluj is the best but is really difficult to get into, you'll need more or less straight A's
Im at carol davila which is reputable but there is not many british students and hate it here which is why im transferring to Constanta next year as near enough all the students are british there and its an awesome place.
I went to the uni who put me through to their official agent who is now getting me transferred

As a British student we get our results at later time, as you know it, so how does this application process work for us? And do they also accept btec science with a-levels too? And can you plz recommend me to some good universities to apply to?
Reply 157
Original post by -AliBaba-
As a British student we get our results at later time, as you know it, so how does this application process work for us? And do they also accept btec science with a-levels too? And can you plz recommend me to some good universities to apply to?

You have to apply before that with you as certificates and predicted grades. The best person to contact would be an agent, they will be able to advise u on the btec situation. Well i am at carol davila. Avoid it. Im transferring to constanta. Try cluj or constanta which are some of the best in my opinion
I definitely recommend outreach education as a way of applying abroad... they've been really helpful and the best part is they dont charge you at all for their services!! I've got an offer from pleven, bulgaria to study medicine so I am vey happy indeed! :smile:
Hi

I am interested in applying to Carol Davila, Romania.

But the entrance exam is putting me off. How can it be so difficult if its only an English exam?

Would anyone who has done the exam explain what sort of things they ask?

Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending