The Student Room Group

What will I be predicted? help PLEASE :)

I'm looking at different unis but i don't really know what sort of entry requirements i should be looking at, as I don't really know where i stand with predicted grades.
My AS results were:
German - B (75%) resitting written exam
English Language - B (74%) I got an A in the coursework but a high C in the exam so i'm resitting it.
Economics - D (57%) only 6 UMS off a C. got a D in 1 unit, and a C in the other but resitting both.

So overall:
A strong B in German (resits)
B in English Language (resitting exam)
very high D in Economics (resitting both modules)

What will my predicted grades be?

Honest answers please! :biggrin: thanks

Scroll to see replies

BBD .

Simple as that.
Reply 2
Original post by JakeE10
I'm looking at different unis but i don't really know what sort of entry requirements i should be looking at, as I don't really know where i stand with predicted grades.
My AS results were:
German - B (75%) resitting written exam
English Language - B (74%) I got an A in the coursework but a high C in the exam so i'm resitting it.
Economics - D (57%) only 6 UMS off a C. got a D in 1 unit, and a C in the other but resitting both.

So overall:
A strong B in German (resits)
B in English Language (resitting exam)
very high D in Economics (resitting both modules)

What will my predicted grades be?

Honest answers please! :biggrin: thanks

I would have predicted you A(german), B(Eng) C(Econ) but that's my opinion, the opinion that counts would be your teachers'
Reply 3
Original post by michaelhaych
BBD .

Simple as that.

I would have thought it would be a C in Economics?
I was 3 marks off, and resitting both modules :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Freiheit
I would have predicted you A(german), B(Eng) C(Econ) but that's my opinion, the opinion that counts would be your teachers'

This is what i was thinking too, definitely BBC anyway. :smile:
Thanks
Reply 5
Depends on your teacher + your persuasive powers.
Original post by JakeE10
I would have thought it would be a C in Economics?
I was 3 marks off, and resitting both modules :smile:

Just because you're resitting it doesn't mean that you grades are going to improve.

By resitting both exams you are effectively doing a full A-Level in 1 year which is obviously going to affect your ability to gain high grades.

By resitting both Modules you will struggle to improve.
Reply 7
Original post by JakeE10
This is what i was thinking too, definitely BBC anyway. :smile:
Thanks

If you can convince your teachers to predict any higher- do it. Good luck.
Reply 8
Just because you're resitting it doesn't mean that you grades are going to improve.

By resitting both exams you are effectively doing a full A-Level in 1 year which is obviously going to affect your ability to gain high grades.

By resitting both Modules you will struggle to improve.

Well my teacher is the one that persuaded me to carry on with economics so shes obviously not going to say that and then predict me a D, and plus she's the one that advised me to resit modules, well at least 1 of them. I'm sitting in for AS lessons aswel as A2 so that i'll be prepared for both exams. I'm definitely resitting the module that I got a D in. i've been told off most people that it's good to do as many resits as poss in order to gain whatever extra marks you can. But yeah, I'm expecting to be predicted BBC at least. maybe ABC with the A being in german. Thanks for the advice though :smile:.
Original post by JakeE10
Well my teacher is the one that persuaded me to carry on with economics so shes obviously not going to say that and then predict me a D, and plus she's the one that advised me to resit modules, well at least 1 of them. I'm sitting in for AS lessons aswel as A2 so that i'll be prepared for both exams. I'm definitely resitting the module that I got a D in. i've been told off most people that it's good to do as many resits as poss in order to gain whatever extra marks you can. But yeah, I'm expecting to be predicted BBC at least. maybe ABC with the A being in german. Thanks for the advice though :smile:.

From the Law Degree TSR Article:
"If you're starting your AS levels this September, don't make the mistake of not working because you have the opportunity to resit. A friend of mine did this and had to sit 11 exams in January whereas I only had to sit 2. Work hard. If you've found out your AS level results and are disappointed with the grades, whether to resit some of your modules is a dilemma to be considered carefully. If you resit modules from all your subjects then this can be off putting for universities because they have to rely solely on your predicted grades to decide whether to make you an offer (but only if you want to resit to improve the AS grade, not the final A Level grade), and some universities are now even requiring that grades are obtained at the first sitting (but UCAS does not currently allow them to do this). If your university is not one of these, then resitting the odd easier AS level module as opposed to relying on the more difficult A2 modules may be an option, but try to keep this to a minimum. Having to prepare for both AS level resits and your A2 level exams will make you stressed and reduce your performance."
(edited 12 years ago)
BBD .

Simple as that.

Yeah it is really that simple, you have No borderline marks to be predicted up.
Original post by JakeE10

Only your teachers can give a reliable answer to this, since they are the ones who know all the circumstances. It's a balancing act between being honest and being optimistic. Remember that getting predicted grades which you are unable to meet helps no one, as you could be left with offers that are unattainable.
Reply 12
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Only your teachers can give a reliable answer to this, since they are the ones who know all the circumstances. It's a balancing act between being honest and being optimistic. Remember that getting predicted grades which you are unable to meet helps no one, as you could be left with offers that are unattainable.

I can meet BBC, quite easily infact. ABC is also likely.
Reply 13
Original post by FALCONSFURY
Yeah it is really that simple, you have No borderline marks to be predicted up.

That's hard to understand being as though I was only 2/3 marks off a C in economics. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Original post by JakeE10
That's hard to understand being as though I was only 2/3 marks off a C in economics. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

According to you OP you got 57% - That is not a Borderline grade for you to be Predicted up a grade. if you are predicted a C but fail to meet it - that you and your teachers @ss, so depnding on your teacher; to avoid failing targets for pupils, they'll play safe and give you the grade that you're at.
Original post by JakeE10
I can meet BBC, quite easily infact. ABC is also likely.

Well, that's all fine, then. As we don't know you, who are we to say? If your teachers think you can make those grades, then they'll predict them.
i got the same gcses as you 2 As, 4 bs and 4cs. At As i got BCD but my teachers predicted me AAC so you never know really. In the end i got ABB so it was close to my teachers predictions :P
I would have maybe said ABC. AAC at a push. But it depends on your teacher and what they would predict you. My teachers thought I would cope with the A2 course better than AS and were happy to predict me a grade up.
Reply 18
Well I don't know what to believe then. Some people saying ABC, some saying a grade above and some saying BBD the same as my AS. I'll just have to wait and see. Will be BBC at least though. definitely.
Reply 19
AAC/ABC/BBC. I would say Economics will be a predicted C as you weren't far off and due to some repeated content in the A2, it could be said to be easier to pick up marks in an Economics resit than in some other subjects.

German you may be predicted an A as you're applying for it so the teacher may think it will help your application to be predicted an A, or be confident that you have the passion to put in the work required to improve it.

AAC possibly - some schools tend to predict +1 on AS grades, I guess it depends on their experience of improvements between AS and A2.

Quick Reply

Latest