Congratulations! I have an interview at Cambridge :biggrin:
Original post by Xæthon
Got an offer from Heythrop College for Theology today, 280 points :3

Well done!! :biggrin:
Original post by ViennaWaits
Congratulations! I have an interview at Cambridge :biggrin:

Congratulations to you too!! Let's enjoy the experience :wink:
Original post by Calumcalum
Hahaha nice. So exciting! I think I'd be too intimidated to talk to any of them, what are they like?

Nooo, they were really lovely! Caggie especially basically leaked coolness, Hugo is seriously flirty, Jamie is exactly the same as on tv - hilarious! They were great and didn't have inflated egos either... Except Mark Francis haha!
Reply 86
I'm sending off my UCAS to study theology/religious studies and history....I'm applying to Glasgow, Lancaster, Liverpool Hope, Kent and Chester currently, although I'll probably change my mind before I send it on Thursday...does anyone know if these are good for RS? I'm predicted to get AAB-ABB.
Reply 87
If you're looking at AAB-ABB, you may want to give Exeter or King's a shot. I applied to Cambridge, Exeter, Bristol, King's and Heythrop; and have offers from Heythrop and Exeter. Good luck, anyway...
Just got an offer from Durham!!!!!!!! (AAB)
Original post by aspiringtotheology
just got an offer from durham!!!!!!!! (aab)

hei! Congratulations!!!!!
Reply 90
Just got an offer from SOAS for ABB :smile:
Offer from KCL :biggrin:

Original post by geoffrz450
Cambridge

Which college? :smile: Do you have an interview?
Just wondering how people with Cambridge and Oxford interviews are preparing?
I've got a question for everyone, and I don't mean this in a bad way at all:

What makes you want to study theology?
Reply 94
Hi guys, i wonder if you could help me out? :smile:
Basically, i am in year 12, doing bio, chem, maths and geo at A level. I got 11 A* at GCSE, but am really confused on what do as a career- medicine or theology. I really enjoy looking at the bible and other religious texts, the history behind them, (massive fan of Dan Brown - da vinci code and Angels and Demons :biggrin: ) Is a theoology course like that? Or is it more philosphy, and stuff like "how do we know we are living." So is a theology course at a good uni (like oxford) a mix, or more philosphy or religious history? And as i got good GCSE's, i would like to apply to oxbridge, but as i am not doing R.S at A level will i be at a disadvantage?
Many Thanks
Adam
Reply 95
Original post by Hype en Ecosse

For me personally, I just think that it's such a relevant subject but so many people overlook it! Half the wars in the world are to do with religion and it's tied in to some of the biggest political issues that there currently are. We live in a hugely multicultural society and yet some people are so ignorant towards other peoples beliefs - I really think that better understanding leads to better acceptance. Plus, I think as a subject it is so well-rounded and brings together skills from all sorts of other disciplines - history, lit, languages, sociology, anthropology, politics; I honestly can't think of a better course that I'd like to study!
Original post by livvyess
For me personally, I just think that it's such a relevant subject but so many people overlook it! Half the wars in the world are to do with religion and it's tied in to some of the biggest political issues that there currently are. We live in a hugely multicultural society and yet some people are so ignorant towards other peoples beliefs - I really think that better understanding leads to better acceptance. Plus, I think as a subject it is so well-rounded and brings together skills from all sorts of other disciplines - history, lit, languages, sociology, anthropology, politics; I honestly can't think of a better course that I'd like to study!

You should give that answer at interview. Really good one. :tongue:
The disciplines you listed in the end are what caused me to ask the question, I never understood why people would be so attracted to religion over similar subjects like philosophy, history, anthropology and such. But I can see exactly why now. :smile:
Reply 97

Weird one. My A Levels are in Maths, Further Maths, Physics & Economics so I get this a lot!

I've read hundreds of books and none have gripped me and prompted me to research further more than books involving Theology. I'm fascinated about studying the biggest selling book (Bible) worldwide year on year, looking at the doctrine, beliefs & philosophy that have shaped particularly the Western World & researching Church History!

I'm also a passionate Christian....:wink:

For me studying Theology is about unpacking the soul question of every human being who's ever encountered some form of religion: 'Why do we believe what we believe?' because everyone adheres to some system of belief, whether it includes God or not.

I also think Theology is crucial for me - I am a Christian but this time 3 years ago I was a firm atheist. For me, the questions that Theology prompts me to ask necessitate the qualification of my faith. I can believe in God without Theology but I can understand him and doctrine surrounding him far better with Theology, whilst studying the contrasts and links between major world religions.

It's an all-encompassing subject that doesn't end with graduation - that's why I want to study Theology. :smile:
Reply 99
Hi guys,
I have got offers from KCL, Durham and Lancaster and I am still waiting for SOAS. My research area is ''New Religious Movement''. If you were me, what school will you choose ?
Thanks a lot.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending