The Student Room Group

A Level revision advice please?

For as levels I spent a few hours every weekend revising the material I learnt and because we didn't have jan exams, I did hectic revision a month before the exams. Ended up with Maths: B, Accounting: B, Psychology: B, Economics: D (dropping) . The thing is I've always been a bit lazy and know I'm not intelligent - I'm aiming for a Primary education degree which usually requires 280 points which is realistic for me.

I have 2/3 resits to do in Jan which I will reivse for in the Christmas holidays as we're only allowed to do reisits in Jan - no A2 exams. I figured I'd forget the past paper technique and info if i revised it know considering I revised it 2 months ago for as level and have already forgotten things e.g. for S1 (maths). So if i intend to keep B's in the subjects or possibly push them up to A's, how much revision should i aim to do?

Any advice on how much revision is recommended during A2 would be great! I intend on doing an hour a day, going over what I've learnt as it takes me ages to understand the simplest things in maths and I've already forgotten a lot of As Level content (would this effect my A2 levels?) :colondollar: Thanks so much
Original post by needsomeadvice
For as levels I spent a few hours every weekend revising the material I learnt and because we didn't have jan exams, I did hectic revision a month before the exams. Ended up with Maths: B, Accounting: B, Psychology: B, Economics: D (dropping) . The thing is I've always been a bit lazy and know I'm not intelligent - I'm aiming for a Primary education degree which usually requires 280 points which is realistic for me.

I have 2/3 resits to do in Jan which I will reivse for in the Christmas holidays as we're only allowed to do reisits in Jan - no A2 exams. I figured I'd forget the past paper technique and info if i revised it know considering I revised it 2 months ago for as level and have already forgotten things e.g. for S1 (maths). So if i intend to keep B's in the subjects or possibly push them up to A's, how much revision should i aim to do?

Any advice on how much revision is recommended during A2 would be great! I intend on doing an hour a day, going over what I've learnt as it takes me ages to understand the simplest things in maths and I've already forgotten a lot of As Level content (would this effect my A2 levels?) :colondollar: Thanks so much

Your grades are good, but I believe you have the potential to do better (standard response really lol). The best advice I can give you is look over the notes you make in a lesson THAT night. You retain something like 60% more this way. I did this and got ABB when i was predicted BBC. Good luck.
wowww,,,, thats a big jump! I'm happy for you and thanks for the advice, I'll definately do that
review review review is pretty much the golden rule & it's one you should always obey no matter what!
Original post by needsomeadvice
wowww,,,, thats a big jump! I'm happy for you and thanks for the advice, I'll definately do that

Thanks. Seriously I think if you do this you'll be fine. Good Luck. BTW are you applying to University?
Reply 5
past papers works for me...some of the questions that come up in the past exam papers are most likely to come up in the one you sit. You should practice them over and over again i'm sure it'll help :smile:
lol yh hopefully going to uni.... we'll see what happens though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending