The Student Room Group

Bad AS maths result

i just got my AS maths (edexcel) results back and i got a grade D (4 marks from a C). The head of maths in my sixth form has said i have done well enough to carry on into year 13 with maths, but i am conflicted as to whether its worth it. I spent hours and hours revising for these exams and thought i understood what i was studying, but a grade D seems like a punch in the face.

i want know if there is anyone in a similar situation to me, to offer any advice or something?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by j1_
i just got my AS maths (edexcel) results back and i got a grade D (4 marks from a C). The head of maths in my sixth form has said i have done well enough to carry on into year 13 with maths, but i am conflicted as to whether its worth it. I spent hours and hours revising for these exams and thought i understood what i was studying, but a grade D seems like a punch in the face.

i want know if there is anyone in a similar situation to me, to offer any advice or something?

How have you been revising?
Reply 2
Original post by j1_

I got a D in AS economics and I decided to retake it. I doubt I'm qualified to give advice about this, but if you think you can do better, retake it.
Reply 3
Original post by j1_

Is this in England or is it modular?
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79

Im assuming England as its sixth form
Reply 5
Original post by Maths_Duck
Im assuming England as its sixth form

Could be Wales
Reply 6

England
Reply 7
Original post by Maths_Duck
How have you been revising?

Watching videos to understand content, trying to do as many questions as I can
Reply 8
Original post by haunted
I got a D in AS economics and I decided to retake it. I doubt I'm qualified to give advice about this, but if you think you can do better, retake it.

I managed to get a B for AS econ if you need any advice?
Reply 9
Original post by j1_
England

So your AS grade does not count towards your final A level grade.
Reply 10
So your AS grade does not count towards your final A level grade.

yeah, I guess that's one positive
Original post by j1_
yeah, I guess that's one positive

I'd go over some Year 12 content here: https://www.drfrostmaths.com/courses.php?coid=29
Reply 12
Original post by j1_
I managed to get a B for AS econ if you need any advice?

Yes please, that would be awesome

Quick Reply

Latest