The Student Room Group

Government & Politics. Do I have a chance?

Hi,

Is Government & Politics (Edexcel) 'difficult' to get an A grade in? Obviously it will vary depending on the student, but for me it will significantly more difficult, as I will be self-teaching both the AS and A2 syllabuses in just one year. I will also be doing two other A2s and a Certificate at my college at the same time.

I know this is a lot of work, but could I realistically get an A, with wider reading, etc., as I want to apply to AAA Universities for Philosophy, but feel it will b practically impossible to get an A in GovPol, given my circumstances.

Thanks in advance!

:ahee:
On the one hand, there is no harm in applying.

One the other hand, the danger of exploring other options is slight.
But just remember to have any verbal offer of any sort whatsoever confirmed in writing.
Original post by forrestgump19
Hi,

Is Government & Politics (Edexcel) 'difficult' to get an A grade in? Obviously it will vary depending on the student, but for me it will significantly more difficult, as I will be self-teaching both the AS and A2 syllabuses in just one year. I will also be doing two other A2s and a Certificate at my college at the same time.

I know this is a lot of work, but could I realistically get an A, with wider reading, etc., as I want to apply to AAA Universities for Philosophy, but feel it will b practically impossible to get an A in GovPol, given my circumstances.

Thanks in advance!

:ahee:

I found it difficult because of the sheer amount of information and understanding but if you read around and go over topics every now and then rather during the frantic revision run-up to exams.
Original post by sohoscribbler
On the one hand, there is no harm in applying.

One the other hand, the danger of exploring other options is slight.

What on earth are you on about?!

Original post by sohoscribbler
But just remember to have any verbal offer of any sort whatsoever confirmed in writing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending