The Student Room Group

Nose or Septum Piercing, plus a hair question

So I am seriously considering getting either a nose piercing or septum piericing done soon. Within the next two weeks.

Now I want my conch too, but since my tragus is still healing in my prefered ear I decided to wait and that's when I was drawn to a nose or septum piercing.

Now, tell me, what do you think would look better?

Also, I am considering dying one blonde streak into my hair, in a small layer just under my fringe so that only 3inches or so of blonde would be shown underneath my fringe, yay or nay?

A septum piercing (in case people don't know) -

And myself:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

content not found... dun dun dun.

personally I don't think piercings look attractive at all but that's just me.

If you get your nose pierced won't snot come flying out of the hole when you sneeze?
(edited 12 years ago)
Awk damn, I'll go change the picture links to something else and see if it works.

I love piercings, so I suppose our views differ greatly from the off, but maybe when I change the picture you can help me with the hair dilema lol
I think it would suit you. You have really nice, big eyes which are the focal point of the top half of your face - a small nose piercing may not go amiss.
Thank you :smile:

But which one - the septum (like I posted a picture of) or a small traditional nose stud (which I sometimes will wear a half hoop in)
Traditional nose stud on opposite side to your fringe :yep:

Though mind you, I have mine on same side as my fringe to make it on opposite side to my cartilage piercing...
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Traditional nose stud on opposite side to your fringe :yep:

Though mind you, I have mine on same side as my fringe to make it on opposite side to my cartilage piercing...

Yeah my tragus is on the opposite side of my fringe (since it was the short side (currently attempting to grow it out) and I thought it would look better)

So I don't know if it would look too crowded with a nose piercing and a traugs, or too crowded with a fringe and nose piercing.
Original post by rubixcyoob
Yeah my tragus is on the opposite side of my fringe (since it was the short side (currently attempting to grow it out) and I thought it would look better)

So I don't know if it would look too crowded with a nose piercing and a traugs, or too crowded with a fringe and nose piercing.

Well I have fringe and nose piercing and it doesn't look over crowded, whereas as I plan on getting more on my ear (including tragus) I thought that would be more lopsided...so if you end up getting conch (and then probably some others as piercings are rather addictive) then you'll be all pierced on one side!
Septum!
Septum!
Reply 10
I have my septum done, But with your face I 100% suggest a nose piercing not a septum. I think the septum would be too heavy on you. I think if you got a nice little stud or a ring on the left nostril it would be stunning!

This is mine -

Specially as you have ear piercings aswell which aren't of the ordinary I think a septum may withdraw from those too.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
I got my nose (as in nostril, what a gross word) pierced. Septums are only noticeable with a ring, whereas with a nose you can wear a stud or a ring. But then septums can be hidden easily, so yay employment.
Blonde in fringe would probably look good although the only problem is that having blonde in dark hair often goes very brassy and orange, especially as you cant use a blonde treatment on it without risking affecting your brown hair.
Is your hair dyed dark brown? If it is it's even more likly to go a funny colour.
Yeah I think I might just go with the nose piercing. I don't think a septum would suit my face shape at all, especially due to my upper lips as well, it might look a bit much.

Alice.eleanor my hair is dyed darker brown than its normal brown shade, but I have bleached before and got most of it a bleach blonde colour (to strip blue/black out my hair to get it brown) and I know how to just section off one piece of hair to dye it and then keep it seperate while the colour settles without affecting my other hair :smile:
Go with the septum piercing. Also bleach your fringe like you wanted. Though i am biased because I am a piercing and hair dye fanatic :P
Either would look good! Not the most helpful post, sorry :redface:

I had my nose pierced but took it out because I got annoyed with it, I've got my septum done now and I love it, such a cool piercing :smile:
Reply 16
Definitely nose - septum - no, just doesn't look right.
Reply 17
Personally I think you could pull of both types of piercing. But I'd suggest the side of the nose, its more versatile with what kind of jewellery you can have. I have quite small hoop in my nose which I think looks good, and is on the same side as my fringe, and opposite to my rook piercing.

In regards to your blonde bit, I'd say go for it, and also get some toner for afterwards to help keep it from looking brassy/yellow/orange/red.

*Blue based toner neutralizes Orange
*Purple based toner neutralizes Yellow
*Green based toner neutralizes Red

xox
Not a septum piercing! It's unflattering and just plain ew.
Get your nose pierced! I did mine around this time last year and loooooove it! It would flatter your face a lot better than a septum piercing would :smile:
Original post by rubixcyoob
So I am seriously considering getting either a nose piercing or septum piericing done soon. Within the next two weeks.

Now I want my conch too, but since my tragus is still healing in my prefered ear I decided to wait and that's when I was drawn to a nose or septum piercing.

Now, tell me, what do you think would look better?

Also, I am considering dying one blonde streak into my hair, in a small layer just under my fringe so that only 3inches or so of blonde would be shown underneath my fringe, yay or nay?

A septum piercing (in case people don't know) -

And myself:

You are so pretty, don't ruin it by getting a bullring - they look so butch and aggressive! And imagine HOW GROSS it would be if you got a cold, or cried or had hayfever. As for the blonde, I think it would look nice, you could even try red once it's been bleached as it grows out!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest