The Student Room Group

HYMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Erotas
where did you find out that it was 1034? I thought on their website it said 1200.

On TSR's wiki. Hold on just checked that was for 2099's entry :tongue: Oops, well then that means they got less applicants this year? yay! or wait, they said they got over 1000 applicants this year - that isn't to mean they got exactly 1000 applicants :\
Original post by Erotas
where did you find out that it was 1034? I thought on their website it said 1200.

From their website:
Applicants for 2012 entry: We have received over 1000 applications for 2012 entry. Academic screening is now nearly completed and UCAS Form Reading is well under way; all applicants will hear by the end of November whether or not they have been successful in obtaining an interview.
Reply 142
Original post by MoTheMedic
From their website:
Applicants for 2012 entry: We have received over 1000 applications for 2012 entry. Academic screening is now nearly completed and UCAS Form Reading is well under way; all applicants will hear by the end of November whether or not they have been successful in obtaining an interview.

I meant for 2011 entry :smile:
Reply 143
Original post by ViceVersa
On TSR's wiki. Hold on just checked that was for 2099's entry :tongue: Oops, well then that means they got less applicants this year? yay! or wait, they said they got over 1000 applicants this year - that isn't to mean they got exactly 1000 applicants :\

I think they would have received close to 1000 though right? Then that would mean a decrease in applicants :biggrin: yay for us!
Original post by Erotas
I think they would have received close to 1000 though right? Then that would mean a decrease in applicants :biggrin: yay for us!

But they said 'over 100' meaning it could still be 1200. It's still good news I guess :redface:
Does anyone know how much notice is given before interview from HYMS? 1 week? Two? thanks :smile:
Just looked through last years thread and the first invites were given out on the 18th November for interviews on 8th December. So we're past that date and the first interviews are one day sooner on 7th December so do we think people will start hearing from tomorrow??
Original post by platty1907
Just looked through last years thread and the first invites were given out on the 18th November for interviews on 8th December. So we're past that date and the first interviews are one day sooner on 7th December so do we think people will start hearing from tomorrow??

Yep we will start hearing from this week :afraid:
Reply 148

I can't stop checking my emails -_-

I was about to say "You sound confident" but then again I think it's pretty obvious that we will isn't it haha :tongue:
Original post by Fatcho10
I can't stop checking my emails -_-

Same, I get notifications in my laptop, iPad, iPod Touch and HTC for new E-mails :banana: :afraid:

I was about to say "You sound confident" but then again I think it's pretty obvious that we will isn't it haha :tongue:

I am probably at the opposite pole of the one titled 'confident' :rolleyes:
Anyone heard yet?! (I am presuming not, seen as there isn't lots of posts about it!)
Original post by dragonfly647
Anyone heard yet?! (I am presuming not, seen as there isn't lots of posts about it!)

Don't think people will start hearing until later this week :\
Don't think people will start hearing until later this week :\

They are leaving it late. If they do let everyone know by the end of November, they only have 7 days to send a decision to everyone (not counting weekends) :s-smilie:
They are leaving it late. If they do let everyone know by the end of November, they only have 7 days to send a decision to everyone (not counting weekends) :s-smilie:

Nope its even less :nah:. They say on their website their first interview day's on the 7th of Dec. Counting two weeks back from the seventh is this Wednesday, so that's when I think we're all hearing :yep:

But you're right about them leaving it late :sigh:
Nope its even less :nah:. They say on their website their first interview day's on the 7th of Dec. Counting two weeks back from the seventh is this Wednesday, so that's when I think we're all hearing :yep:

But you're right about them leaving it late :sigh:

Oh, do they give 2 weeks notice?? Or do you just think that's the minimum they can give without being ridiculous :tongue:
Oh, do they give 2 weeks notice?? Or do you just think that's the minimum they can give without being ridiculous :tongue:

Yep I think it's the minimum, seeing as most medical school's give 2 weeks notice, and some people may have difficulty planning to get to the interview at such short notice, especially because they don't know if it'll be done in Hull or York :yes:
Yep I think it's the minimum, seeing as most medical school's give 2 weeks notice, and some people may have difficulty planning to get to the interview at such short notice, especially because they don't know if it'll be done in Hull or York :yes:

If I get one, I can see me being called early seeing as I'm local :mad: I'd rather be told I had one in January :biggrin:
If I get one, I can see me being called early seeing as I'm local :mad: I'd rather be told I had one in January :biggrin:

Haha I guess we'll all find out soon enough :s-smilie:

I applied from Sweden, do you guys think they'll take EU/International applicants last? The waiting is killing me and waiting until January or so would probably be nerve-wrecking :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending