The Student Room Group

Psychology Coursework Choices

Soon i'm going to have to choose my topic for my As coursework and i was wondering if i could get some help. So far I've studied social influence, memory and forgetting and sport psychology but none of these particularly interest me for coursework. Looking through my textbook perception appears to be interesting, so i was wondering if it would be a hard topic to do and what aspects of it would be most interesting for coursework (has to involve experiment)
Reply 1
Do something you'll study in the A2 year (if you're going on to A2) - it'll SERIOUSLY help you in the next year, one less part you don't have to worry about revising. Altruism is always fun, depends on what exam board you're on though...
Reply 2
I'm not allowed to do something from A2, it has to be something within my As textbook
Reply 3
Really? Rubbish! Ok, um, then do something you'll be examined on in June. Conformity is usually easy to do experiments for. I did the effect of authority figures on minority influence.
Reply 4
Yeah, conformity's also really easy to fake the answers, so you never have to do the actual experiment. Loads of peeople in my year did that :biggrin: , and got high marks for it! Do something with predictable answers so you can fake it.

Joe
Reply 5
We've pretty much been told to do memory, because everything else has to be passed by the exam board for ethical problems. Or with things like cog dev you need to get parental permission off all the kids and such.

Memory seems pretty easy to do though.
Reply 6
Yeah, it is, but it's also boring. Have you had a january module? Or are you taking that exam in the summer?
Reply 7
i had a january module, conformity would be ok to do, also obedience could be interesting but i want to find something perfect that interests me, also i'm not interested in faking it, i slacked off for gcse's so for A levels i'm doing it right or not doing it at all :smile:
Reply 8
Yeah i'd seriously seriously recommend doing something you have to know for your june exam. It takes so much stress off you then. Conformity is so easy - just do jenness' experiment
Reply 9
Conformity is a great area to do, I did mine on it last year and it can really be a pretty simple explanation.. Im not going advocate fixes the marks for it though as not everything has to actually work. I ended up having to reject my hypothesis at the end and write up how my experiment failed but I still got full marks. But I would advise you pick something interesting to u as it will motivate you more to work on it.
Reply 10
jeness'? we didn't do that, we did Asch, all that jazz is over now
Thinking of possibly doing minority influence as it's less common than conformity it should be more interesting. We've done moscovici are there any others out there that i could do an adaptation of?
In june i'm being examined on unit 1: introducing psychology so i guess we've done the most interesting stuff
Reply 11
jeness is about how many beans were in a jar. people went along with the majority vote. make it fun and use sweets in a jar! n u can easily make up results too 4 that 1.

Latest

Trending

Trending