The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by commandant
going to compete?

Hopefully, one day. Training with some Polish pro who lifts in the UK finals, 250kg deadlift and walks around with the weight lol.

Just learning strength training principles from him so i can get my lifts up, thats what i need to do first and foremost so i can get more intense sessions with more weight/reps. Which is the number one hurdle for a relative newb.

Routine at the minute: push, pull, legs.
Typical week:
Mon; Push
Tues; pull
Wed; rest
Thurs: Legs
Fri: rest
Sat; Push
Sun: Pull

I am still improving every session with deadlifts so i'm going to take advantage of that while i can.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mirin?
Hopefully, one day. Training with some Polish pro who lifts in the UK finals, 250kg deadlift and walks around with the weight lol.

Just learning strength training principles from him so i can get my lifts up, thats what i need to do first and foremost so i can get more intense sessions with more weight/reps. Which is the number one hurdle for a relative newb.

I meant BB
Reply 182
I meant BB

Don't think i'm in a position to yet really. When i get my lifts up and can put in real intense sessions with a lot of weight/reps then i'm not really going to be hitting that type of level.
Original post by mirin?

pro and 250kg deadlift, that doesnt add up

I know someone who claims to be able to do more than that one handed
Reply 184
Original post by Monkey_Pete

It is piss easy for him. Anyway, irrelevant, point is he is the strongest in the gym and i am learning what i can.
Original post by mirin?
Don't think i'm in a position to yet really. When i get my lifts up and can put in real intense sessions with a lot of weight/reps then i'm not really going to be hitting that type of level.

to be fair a lot of the natty competitiors aren't that impressive. But then personally if I looked sh1t I wouldn't get on stage lol.
Original post by Monkey_Pete

i'm guessing he means he's just able to walk around with 250kg with his actual deadlift probably a bit higher.
Reply 187
to be fair a lot of the natty competitiors aren't that impressive. But then personally if I looked sh1t I wouldn't get on stage lol.

Indeed. I wouldn't enter unless i was semi pleased with how i looked in relation to the level of competition.

That being said, i know very few people in real life who are good enough to compete in such competitions.
Original post by mirin?
Indeed. I wouldn't enter unless i was semi pleased with how i looked in relation to the level of competition.

That being said, i know very few people in real life who are good enough to compete in such competitions.

One of my best mates does it, and I got a few on facebook too. Though most the guys on my facebook that compete are on the juice, but then they look far more impressive lol.

I'd like to do one at some point. I think I'll do a proper cut next year and see how I look then
Got an operation shortly to re-attach my pec, will be unable to press/pull for a good 3-5 months.

Obv I will squat as soon as able to,work on form etc blah blah - but as my staples of push press and deadlift will be off limits, shall I cut and work biceps alongside my squats for teh lulz - seems silly to stay 20st when I can't do my fav two lifts.
Reply 190
Original post by Powerlifter
Got an operation shortly to re-attach my pec, will be unable to press/pull for a good 3-5 months.

Obv I will squat as soon as able to,work on form etc blah blah - but as my staples of push press and deadlift will be off limits, shall I cut and work biceps alongside my squats for teh lulz - seems silly to stay 20st when I can't do my fav two lifts.

do smolov cycles or some **** :P, you can't do 1 arm presses either right?
Reply 191

YES! Please cut. Would be good to see what you look like leaned out.
I order from myprotein yesterday at 1pm and the order hasn't arrived today. Should I complain and get a discount for its lateness?
Reply 193
sorry mate we usually don't give out advice in this thread.

Original post by Riku
No problem, thanks anyway

haha aww

Commandant you're going to hell lol
I really wanted to plus rep the guy's gracious response but am on recharge.
Reply 195
Original post by GQ.
YES! Please cut. Would be good to see what you look like leaned out.

"Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get"
Yeah I like em, better than running and a nice way to loosen the ole doms.

I tend to do

Power Clean - Front Squat - Strict Press - Back Squat - BHN Split Jerk

about 2-3 reps then take a break for 30-45 seconds

Only use about 60-80 kg but it gets the ole heart pumping.

I saw a Pro strongman do this very complex with 140kgs - that would be awesome. (especially strict pressing it)

Was that Tom Mutaffis? He's a beast.
Original post by Adidas90
Perhaps not a complex but have you heard of 1000kg FTOH?

Nope. What is it?
Reply 198
Original post by Michael XYZ
Nope. What is it?

You do 1000kg floor to overhead any way you want. Most people do 50kg x 20 but you can do 60 or 40 or whatever with less/more reps. Time yourself as you do it and try to beat your time each time
Reply 199
Original post by Adidas90
"Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get"

Hell yea. Also that thick trunk of his must be huge!

Latest