The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by CB5
How will the horse possibly cope with 120lbs on its back?

You still fraudin' Herculean brah?

Being mean to Grandad Smack are you brah?

Cheeky kunt.

HI NUN I MISSED YOU, FEELING MUTUAL?
Reply 1581
To WHEY or not to WHEY?

I don't want to stick to WHEY my whole life, and been drinking more than 2 liters of milk/day and starting to feel sick of milk.

What are the natural alternatives?
Reply 1582
Original post by Pochi_X
To WHEY or not to WHEY?

I don't want to stick to WHEY my whole life, and been drinking more than 2 liters of milk/day and starting to feel sick of milk.

What are the natural alternatives?

Meat, fish, eggs, dairy.

If protein consumed < protein target, eat more. If not possible, use whey.
Reply 1583
I hate diet. I wish I could just lift and not diet. Luckily, I'm not bulking.

That's one of the stupidest things I've seen... it won't change anything.
Original post by Herr Stamper
I was sitting next to a norwegian geologist at lunch today and we were talking about dwarf throwing in Oz. Somehow the convo got to American football, and he was like "yes they are all really strong (in response to the physicality), but obviously dumb"

I shrank into my chair trying to pull down the sleeves on my t-shirt lol

We did touch on the languages actually, and how people from the city don't understand people from the South, how people from Stavanger will understand guys in Oslo but guys in Oslo won't understand people from Stavanger (or the other way around, i forget)

Yeah the popular sports here are cross-country skiing/ski jumping/cycling (I troll people quite a lot about Cavendish being world champion :colone: )...neither produce particularly strong people, not in the powerlifting sense of the word, anyway! Norway does have some good powerlifters though, think most of them are in Trondheim and other random places like Larvik though.

Yeah it's Oslo people not understanding Stavanger people. It's like how in the UK everyone understands people on TV with a standard accent, cos that's what the Oslo dialect is. However, not everyone understands Cumbrian/Geordie/Scouse etc.
Reply 1586
Original post by AdaD
Meat, fish, eggs, dairy.

If protein consumed < protein target, eat more. If not possible, use whey.

I'll be using Whey in the end :frown:
Guys i just recently started doing incline db presses, why the fuk do my hands hurt like crazy when doing them?, my hands give out as soon as i start feeling it on my chest.

any tips on how to get dbs up? i struggle getting anything over 18kg up, im scared of kicking the dbs with my knees/legs lol
Reply 1588
Original post by Gallium
Guys i just recently started doing incline db presses, why the fuk do my hands hurt like crazy when doing them?, my hands give out as soon as i start feeling it on my chest.

any tips on how to get dbs up? i struggle getting anything over 18kg up, im scared of kicking the dbs with my knees/legs lol

Ah my favourite exercise ever. Just kick them up with your knees to your shoulders, they will shoot up easily.
Reply 1589
Alright brahs i'm getting really pissed off with my little injury now... - it's totally stopped me from benching and is hurting other lifts too i reckon.

When benching, it aches like hell when the bars about 2 inches from my chest in the front of my shoulder, maybe slightly to the side.

Rotator cuff????
Original post by Lehmber Hussainpuri
I was on a hype ting in the gym today.. folk couldn't keep there eyes of me.

Why? Are you funny or something?
Gonna try out BJJ today I think.

Most of the days conflict with my schedule so I think I can only do Boxing 1x/week and maybe BJJ 1x/week too.

Not a HUGE fan of BJJ from what I see but I'll give it a go.
Reply 1592
BJJ is meant to be quite good. Good for ground work. Also I believe a lot of MMA fighters use predominantly Muay Thai and BJJ.
Reply 1593
Today I had a rump steak for breakfast.

Come at me bro.
Reply 1594
Original post by Michael XYZ
Gonna try out BJJ today I think.

Most of the days conflict with my schedule so I think I can only do Boxing 1x/week and maybe BJJ 1x/week too.

Not a HUGE fan of BJJ from what I see but I'll give it a go.

Do boxing then.

Or is Mickey scared of getting punched? :biggrin:
I will do Boxing but I want to try BJJ too. Can't go 2x/week to any of them so I'll either do Boxing only or Boxing + BJJ.
Reply 1596
I will do Boxing but I want to try BJJ too. Can't go 2x/week to any of them so I'll either do Boxing only or Boxing + BJJ.

Not sure how good uni training will be, usually there will be more hardcore private gyms that have a reputation to uphold so train you harder.

For instance look at the caliber of kickboxers Newcastle uni puts into fights, and look at the caliber of the dudes at the gym I train at.

Blue shorts = my gym, other dude = uni gym.
(edited 12 years ago)
Meh, if it's decent then I'm fine with that.

I don't expect anything great really. Plus, I doubt I would ever fight properly either.
uni gym guy looks a bit fat
Reply 1599
Meh, if it's decent then I'm fine with that.

I don't expect anything great really. Plus, I doubt I would ever fight properly either.

"Decent" is not good enough. "Decent" won't make you a CEO 10k/day investment banker. "Decent" won't make you rip 300kg off the floor sub-200lb. "Decent" won't make you consistently hit near impossible goals that you set for yourself because you never settle of second best.

Michael, Michael, Michael...Go to your puny boxing/BJJ training at your uni. Practice grappling with overweight out of shape kids or people who weigh 50lb less than you. Maybe go to boxing and spar with the air and do a few push ups. Know that you could be at a ****ing solid gym getting hit by the hardest hitters, kicked in the ribs by people who have conditioned their shins and perfected their technique that it feels like being hit by a baseball bat, grapple with dudes who don't even look swole but nearly wrench your ****ing head off, then you will be happy knowing you are in the place you deserve to be, training at the level you know you are capable of, doing rounds and rounds, getting hit and keep on hitting.

Go, prepare yourself for disappointment when you are partnered with a overweight feminist trying to learn boxing to protect herself from rapists, or a dude who can barely even squat his own bodyweight. Go!.

Latest