The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL History 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abbey-chic
Yep it's for V100. I didn't get an email, I got a letter then the day after my UCAS updated! Be patient :smile:

i am trying! massive congrats on your offer :smile: you must have been so relieved!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 81
Original post by molly.
I am! :-D Is UCL your first choice?

I think it will be, I have an offer for King's too but UCL has a better reputation so I'll probably firm UCL . How about you? :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by confusedexcited
i am trying! massive congrats on your offer :smile: you must have been so relieved!

Aw thanks so much! Where else have you applied?
Reply 83
Original post by cl_steele
firmed UCL for history v101 :smile: doing history, government & politics and classics, excited!!

Me too!!! i made my decision yesterday and i'm still feeling very happy and excited :biggrin:
Reply 84
Original post by AJ_94
Me too!!! i made my decision yesterday and i'm still feeling very happy and excited :biggrin:

congratulations!!:smile:
i know same,cant wait to start!
were you at the open day couple of wednesdays ago?
Reply 85
congratulations!!:smile:

i know same,cant wait to start!
were you at the open day couple of wednesdays ago?

yeah, i went to the open day on the 8th.
it was the second time i went to UCL, as i went to a general open day in the summer, but i was still so amazed by everything. My mum tagged along, i think she was more excited than i was!

I really liked the lecture thing for the candidates at the end of the day, it was really interesting :biggrin:

Just thinking about it makes me more excited about starting. Its weird thinking that university starts in 6-7 months!!!
Reply 86
oooh i wonder if i saw you?!
same i got a private tour round the place when i asked the roland chap nicely though, was good times :P
mmm i know it was really interesting, loved the old guy he was rather amusing i must say

i know right! 13 years of being stuck in little school is nearly over, it feels strange! haha
mind me asking what your insurance is?
Reply 87
oooh i wonder if i saw you?!
same i got a private tour round the place when i asked the roland chap nicely though, was good times :P
mmm i know it was really interesting, loved the old guy he was rather amusing i must say

i know right! 13 years of being stuck in little school is nearly over, it feels strange! haha
mind me asking what your insurance is?

My insurance choice is brunel. Before i started the UCAS application it used to be my first choice, as i thought their history course was awesome :smile: Then i discovered the UCL SSEES history course and fell in love :biggrin:

Are you going to be staying in UCL accomadation?
Reply 88
Original post by AJ_94
My insurance choice is brunel. Before i started the UCAS application it used to be my first choice, as i thought their history course was awesome :smile: Then i discovered the UCL SSEES history course and fell in love :biggrin:

Are you going to be staying in UCL accomadation?

aha fair enough :P i remember looking at it but never put it down as a choice
I hope so, i applied but it just keeps saying pending -_- not sure if i did it wrong or not haha, i hope not though otherwise i have a bitch of a commute to do :frown: wbu ?
Reply 89
aha fair enough :P i remember looking at it but never put it down as a choice
I hope so, i applied but it just keeps saying pending -_- not sure if i did it wrong or not haha, i hope not though otherwise i have a bitch of a commute to do :frown: wbu ?

I really would love to live in accomadation for the experience, but my dads not keen on the idea and also the fact that i only live about 30-45 minutes away from UCL by tube.

You started your student finance yet? i registered yesterday after i firmed UCL. Its really weird, but i find it really exciting and nerve-wracking that i'm applying for my first ever proper loan :biggrin:
Reply 90
Original post by AJ_94
I really would love to live in accomadation for the experience, but my dads not keen on the idea and also the fact that i only live about 30-45 minutes away from UCL by tube.

You started your student finance yet? i registered yesterday after i firmed UCL. Its really weird, but i find it really exciting and nerve-wracking that i'm applying for my first ever proper loan :biggrin:

ah thats fair enough, can you apply for accommodation if you live in london or do you just get bumped down the waiting list?
yar just need the parents to do their bit of form filling then i just wait for the cash to start rolling in :colone:, not looking forward to paying it back though :colonhash:
Reply 91
ah thats fair enough, can you apply for accommodation if you live in london or do you just get bumped down the waiting list?
yar just need the parents to do their bit of form filling then i just wait for the cash to start rolling in :colone:, not looking forward to paying it back though :colonhash:

i think ucl has accomadation places for all undergraduates for their first year regardless of where they live. I saw on the student calculator that if i was able to live away from home, i could get around £7000 in maintenance loan if i live away and study in london. This figure is now one of the arguments i'm using to convince my parents with :tongue:

wow! your so far into your application, i've only just registered :colondollar:

do you mind if i ask what you mean by parents doing their form filling?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by AJ_94
i think ucl has accomadation places for all undergraduates for their first year regardless of where they live. I saw on the student calculator that if i was able to live away from home, i could get around £7000 in maintenance loan if i live away and study in london. This figure is now one of the arguments i'm using to convince my parents with :tongue:

wow! your so far into your application, i've only just registered :colondollar:

do you mind if i ask what you mean by parents doing their form filling?

to be fair if i was a parent that would sway me :P
aha i got bored one night and just went and filled it all in :P
oh to get the student loan you can have it income assessed [so usually youd get more] or un-assessed, if youre getting it assessed your parents need to submit all their income details to see how much money the government can throw at you :smile:
Reply 93
to be fair if i was a parent that would sway me :P
aha i got bored one night and just went and filled it all in :P
oh to get the student loan you can have it income assessed [so usually youd get more] or un-assessed, if youre getting it assessed your parents need to submit all their income details to see how much money the government can throw at you :smile:

thank you for explaining that to me :smile: i'll probably end up doing my bit of the application this week, then get my parents inut and then wait for all the money :biggrin:
Aw thanks so much! Where else have you applied?

I applied to Oxford (rejected), Kings College, Manchester and Edinburgh :smile:

I have an offer from Kings and went to the open day last week, it was a good place but UCL is my top choice! how about you?
Reply 95
Original post by confusedexcited
I applied to Oxford (rejected), Kings College, Manchester and Edinburgh :smile:

I have an offer from Kings and went to the open day last week, it was a good place but UCL is my top choice! how about you?

I applied to UCL, Kings, LSE, Queen Mary and Sussex, I heard back from them all with offers apart from LSE who I'm still waiting for -.- As you can probably tell I wanted to be in London :P

UCL will probably be my firm unless I visit and hate the campus, highly doubtful! Kings is lovely but it's reputation isn't as good and the offer is higher (A*AA) :/
UCL for me :smile:
Reply 96
I think it will be, I have an offer for King's too but UCL has a better reputation so I'll probably firm UCL . How about you? :smile:

I'm still waiting to hear from LSE, but I'm pretty sure I'll be firming UCL too. :-)
Reply 97
Original post by molly.
I'm still waiting to hear from LSE, but I'm pretty sure I'll be firming UCL too. :-)

As good as LSE is, i imagine it to be a little anti-social and i don't think i'd get the full uni experience (i.e. getting s**tfaced every night) ha! :colondollar:
Reply 98
As good as LSE is, i imagine it to be a little anti-social and i don't think i'd get the full uni experience (i.e. getting s**tfaced every night) ha! :colondollar:

See, this is going to make me sound really dull, but that's actually one of the things that was making me consider choosing LSE! I live in Newcastle at the minute and while I do drink, I don't do it nearly as much as most people I know - I really hate the idea of not remembering things/passing out/throwing up/etc. Especially with London living costs meaning I'd probably be sacrificing other things for alcohol. I don't want to go somewhere with absolutely no social life though either, so I'm not really sure what to think. I keep being told, "As soon as you get to uni, you'll want to drink loads" as well... which I don't think is true. But who knows!
Reply 99
Original post by molly.
See, this is going to make me sound really dull, but that's actually one of the things that was making me consider choosing LSE! I live in Newcastle at the minute and while I do drink, I don't do it nearly as much as most people I know - I really hate the idea of not remembering things/passing out/throwing up/etc. Especially with London living costs meaning I'd probably be sacrificing other things for alcohol. I don't want to go somewhere with absolutely no social life though either, so I'm not really sure what to think. I keep being told, "As soon as you get to uni, you'll want to drink loads" as well... which I don't think is true. But who knows!

I can't drink at all, i'm such a lightweight! 1 glass of wine and i'm gone! But i love being social and i want to experience London properly so the social scene is pretty important for me. I live in Yorkshire so experiencing the city is a highlight for me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending