The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by slightly
I don't think anyone's really questioning whether they are on top of their game as a fitness model, more that not everyone likes the fitness model look. For example, you could argue that someone like Abbey Lee Kershaw is at the top of her game in terms of women's high fashion modelling, but many men wouldn't always find her attractive either. It's preference.

I couldn't care less whether they find him attractive or not. But it's crass to say that someone who has practically superhuman athleticism and has made millions based on his physique has "too much boobage", dontcha think?
1 - uts not done to death
Reply 82
Original post by MC armani
I couldn't care less whether they find him attractive or not. But it's crass to say that someone who has practically superhuman athleticism and has made millions based on his physique has "too much boobage", dontcha think?

I'm assuming the 'boobage' part was was entirely down to her own opinions on attractiveness, not an insult against athleticism as such. This thread is about what women prefer purely on aesthetic value, which is why pictures were provided rather than full details of each individual's workout regime. Perhaps 'boobage' isn't the best term to use, but even if she'd said 'the pecs stick out too much', it's still essentially the same thing.

The fact he's made millions is irrelevant. Bringing back my fashion model comparison, Kershaw has most likely made a fortune by working her face off, earning acclaim in the fashion world. My brother describes her as utterly hideous.
Reply 83
Original post by MC armani

Well then you're on the wrong thread, because whether or not we find him attractive is exactly what this is about and the fact that he happens to be the number one fitness model has nothing to do with it. Comments such as 'too much boobage' are perfectly reasonable under these circumstances.
One and Two both look super.
Original post by I am 12
well this is homo

my thoughts exactly! Why are boys commenting!?> LOL I'm such a hypocrite...

I'm only looking at this thread purely for educational purposes:awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by QueenOfHearts93
Actually, many of the girls on this thread have said they picked number 1, because he has the least muscles and they don't like too many. Maybe some are picking him because he's Brad Pitt, but is it so hard to believe that the majority of women simply don't like the overworked, massive muscles look?

In all honesty, yes.

Not because I lift and it kills me to think that all my hard-work is useless in being able to pick up girls. Just because from any of the girls I know (and don't) they, in 99% of cases, like some muscles.

For example, Mark Wahlberg isn't too big or anything and I'd imagine most girls would pick him. I guess this is a weird TSR thing. Look at that homosexual kid from Twilight - he has some muscles and all the girls go crazy over it. Now, whilst I'm not a fan at all, I think it supports my argument well.

Not saying you are, but I would say most TSR girls are - probably - more skewed towards being chubby/fat than slim. Those kind of insecurities are revealed pretty quickly with the choice they make. A fatty is probably gonna pick someone who doesn't care about his body SO MUCH. That's understandable.
Original post by Michael XYZ
In all honesty, yes.

Not because I lift and it kills me to think that all my hard-work is useless in being able to pick up girls. Just because from any of the girls I know (and don't) they, in 99% of cases, like some muscles.

For example, Mark Wahlberg isn't too big or anything and I'd imagine most girls would pick him. I guess this is a weird TSR thing. Look at that homosexual kid from Twilight - he has some muscles and all the girls go crazy over it. Now, whilst I'm not a fan at all, I think it supports my argument well.

Not saying you are, but I would say most TSR girls are - probably - more skewed towards being chubby/fat than slim. Those kind of insecurities are revealed pretty quickly with the choice they make. A fatty is probably gonna pick someone who doesn't care about his body SO MUCH. That's understandable.

To be honest, I think the poll speaks for itself. Feel free to post another thread with similar type photos without faces if you think it will make a difference :smile:

And Twilight doesn't count, the people that like that are about 12 :smile:

For whatever reasons, guys seem to have this skewed vision that we all swoon for massive muscles that look like you could rip your shirt just by flexing *cough BenchPress cough* (not saying you do, you seem nice and pleasant :smile: ) when the reality is the reverse. Pretty much all the girls I know say they like a guy to be toned, but not with exagerrated or too defined muscles. For a variety of reasons; just because they don't think it looks nice, because it makes us think he's probably a bit vain and never relaxes, because they don't exactly make you look cuddleable, and to some extent, maybe your comment about insecurity. But in general, most girls don't find guys with big muscles as attractive as they seem to think we do :smile:
Reply 88

check this link - i hope it works.

y'all need some chocolate in your lives. and theres more where that came from :perv:
In all honesty, yes.

Preach. So much truth.
Reply 90
If I had to pick one it would be 1.

Solely because it's the only one that doesn't make me recoil in horror.
Reply 91
Number 2
Number two.
*Drools*
Original post by QueenOfHearts93

I think what I wrote still stands pretty strong.

Most girls that I know in real-life would go for something like #2. Nothing crazy, but still something there. If anything, I'd say that it shows someone who is dedicated to what they do and most girls would like that. I mean, I don't like most fat people (generalising) just because it immediately tells me that they are lazy, not dedicated, low motivation etc.

Is that true? I don't know, of course not for all. However, it's what you get as first impression. The only type of girls that would not pick the guy because he had muscles (which would mean he is vein or too dedicated to it) are girls who are the opposite of that. Girls who are more lazy, insecure, don't have a good body themselves.

It all comes down to being insecure that the guy is doing a lot more than you are. For some people, it worries them. In reality, their perceptions would be changed greatly if they simply had a better body and went to the gym.
Original post by xStaceyy
Number 2

Oh heavenly blessed beauty whose inner beauty and beauty is simply divine and everlasting.

Anyway, Garrus. Garrus from Mass Effect I find most attractive.
Reply 96
they are all pretty similar
Reply 97
In all honesty, yes.

I don't get it. Why do I have to be fat and insecure because I'm not a fan of muscles? It's not like I'm going around saying 'omgz omgz gross, nobody could ever find these guys attractive', it's just not my personal taste. Why is that so hard to believe? Please explain, I'm actually baffled.
I've been waiting for a poll like this for so long now!
1 :smile:

Latest