The Student Room Group

47 year old man showing interest?

Bye
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
The biggest sign of a connection is that you've both had a birthday in the last fortnight, as it was ages of 32 and 46 in your thread of 2 weeks ago...

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7413263
Original post by Surnia
The biggest sign of a connection is that you've both had a birthday in the last fortnight, as it was ages of 32 and 46 in your thread of 2 weeks ago...

So what if the ages are not right. If you can't answer then don't. Always acting oversmart
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia

Romance between Scorpios can be intense and passionate:

"Two Scorpios together will create a bond that's, in a word, passionate for better or worse. Both are wired to let their partner in emotionally and get attached in an otherworldly, incredibly intense way, which can make for an unbreakable commitment."

from https://www.instyle.com/lifestyle/astrology/scorpio-compatibility
In your last thread 2 weeks ago you seemed confident he was in love with you, you also said you were 32 and 46.
Reply 5
Live for the moment, generally the best way in dating
Assuming this is all true I would say in such a scenario he is most likely attracted to you. However you must understand that for a man in such an office environment it is really difficult to 'make a move' as it were. Basically a lot of guys in the workplace particularly the office environment are sh*t scared of complaints of 'harassment' well any decent ones are. The ones that aren't just don't plain care and will just steamroll right in. Anyway, hence the beating around the bush that ensues while the guy tries to see if there is someway to negotiate he's way to a date with accusations and being fired from his job.

So it depends if you are interested in him? If you are not bare in mind the poor chap has some form of a life that might still be worth living and likely needs that job to pay the bills. So the nice thing to do is to let him know subtly that you aren't up for relationships at the moment and if necessary distance him in the workplace if it makes it easier for you both. If you are interested in him then suggest a casual meet up during lunch or after work. It will be way easier for you to do this than him as basically guys rarely ever make formal complaints about females coming onto them and even if they did they tend not to be taken that seriously unless the female is basically relentlessly hounding the poor guy without respite when he clearly doesn't wish for her.
Reply 7
Original post by BlueEyesHypnotiz
So what if the ages are not right. If you can't answer then don't. Always acting oversmart

If you can't remember your own age, how can we trust the rest of the details?

What did he say when you asked him if it's a potential romantic interest or a hook up situation? I mean, you have asked, haven't you, as you are both mature adults, especially at 32 33 and 46 47?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Assuming this is all true I would say in such a scenario he is most likely attracted to you. However you must understand that for a man in such an office environment it is really difficult to 'make a move' as it were. Basically a lot of guys in the workplace particularly the office environment are sh*t scared of complaints of 'harassment' well any decent ones are. The ones that aren't just don't plain care and will just steamroll right in. Anyway, hence the beating around the bush that ensues while the guy tries to see if there is someway to negotiate he's way to a date with accusations and being fired from his job.

So it depends if you are interested in him? If you are not bare in mind the poor chap has some form of a life that might still be worth living and likely needs that job to pay the bills. So the nice thing to do is to let him know subtly that you aren't up for relationships at the moment and if necessary distance him in the workplace if it makes it easier for you both. If you are interested in him then suggest a casual meet up during lunch or after work. It will be way easier for you to do this than him as basically guys rarely ever make formal complaints about females coming onto them and even if they did they tend not to be taken that seriously unless the female is basically relentlessly hounding the poor guy without respite when he clearly doesn't wish for her.

I am interested in him but he doesn't say anything nor says he's free so how do I ask
Original post by BlueEyesHypnotiz
I am interested in him but he doesn't say anything nor says he's free so how do I ask

Just keep it simple...

Next time you're chatting to him, steer the conversation towards social things in general... and when appropriate, just say something along the lines of:- "There's a new bar down George Street, I've heard it's supposed to be XYZ, we should check it out sometime after work or something. "

Job done 🙂
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Just keep it simple...

Next time you're chatting to him, steer the conversation towards social things in general... and when appropriate, just say something along the lines of:- "There's a new bar down George Street, I've heard it's supposed to be XYZ, we should check it out sometime after work or something. "

Job done 🙂

I don't know if he likes me or not. He is upset now because last night it was 00.02 whilst we were chatting and the topic came to get to bed and he said I'm already in bed and I said no I mean sleep 😴
He didn't reply or react to it.

Then today he didn't message me at all and I sent him a food pic and he said nice enjoy and thumbs up and then I said it's an old pic and I sent it to him since he likes food and he only reacted with thumbs up.

He's now grumpy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending