The Student Room Group

Training Contracts 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fxa
cobbetts
squire sanders
walker morris

not heard from any of these.

when did you hear about your telephone interview with irwin mitchell.

im still waiting to hear from them aswel.

suspiciously quiet lol

I was invited early July, but I've not heard anything since so it must be a rejection :smile:

Does anyone know if GLS, Dickinson Dees or Pinsent Masons auto-reject after verbal reasoning tests? or is no news good news?
(edited 11 years ago)
Anyone heard from Taylor Wessing?
Original post by DavidHume
I was invited early July, but I've not heard anything since so it must be a rejection :smile:

Does anyone know if GLS, Dickinson Dees or Pinsent Masons auto-reject after verbal reasoning tests? or is no news good news?

I don't think GLS auto-rejects, but you're invited to ACs in order of your scores. I'd imagine that they'd put everyone in order and PFO those not in the top 200 (for example). :indiff:
Original post by kikichi
Haha yes we were just not meant to be :P

On another note, is it a good idea (or not) to send emails to the partners who interviewed you to thank them for their time??

I've seen this question asked and answered on rof and the general view was that it's very much an american thing so only do it if you're applying to a US firm.
Reply 1524
Original post by sleekchic
I've seen this question asked and answered on rof and the general view was that it's very much an american thing so only do it if you're applying to a US firm.
Thank you!I've posted the question in the Freshfields thread in any case, if anyone is interested to see what Jess says in reply. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by kikichi
Thank you!I've posted the question in the Freshfields thread in any case, if anyone is interested to see what Jess says in reply. :smile:

She said "not really". :p:
Reply 1526
Original post by Smashedin
I'm guessing this is your second cycle?

If so, would you say you're doing better than last year at this stage? (Shameless request for any advice)

To be honest, no! But I concentrated too much on a second interview I recently had. Long story, but I was called back for a second interview where I did my vac scheme, told by a partner I needed to just give a little bit more detail on my questions and I'd nail it, but then rejected :angry: They dragged it out for four weeks until after the deadline, but it was my own fault for not spending enough time on other applications and solely concentrating on my second interview.

That said, I have an interview at Slaughter & May. An application I did spend a LOT of time on, and a TC I would accept hands down if I was offered, my number one choice. If I was left in my dream situation I would have just accepted my vac scheme offer if rejected by Slaughters and that's what I was counting on, but c'est la vie.

Last year I interviewed at SJ Berwin, Hogan Lovells, Clyde & Co and Links, and had a final round interview on my first vac scheme.

Seems strange to think I had more success then in second year with a 66% average and one vac scheme. I'm now finished with a 68% 2:1 and have done three vac schemes!! Still waiting to hear from a few firms, however.

edit - feel free to pm me for advice, no problem
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1527
Thanks Rosey2. +Rep tomorrow (I've reached my repping limit lol)

I am really worried about getting a TC. Each stage of the application is so hard, and they getting increasingly tougher! And it's not an exam with a set syllabus.

It's getting harder to stay positive.
Original post by xobile
Thanks Rosey2. +Rep tomorrow (I've reached my repping limit lol)

I am really worried about getting a TC. Each stage of the application is so hard, and they getting increasingly tougher! And it's not an exam with a set syllabus.

It's getting harder to stay positive.

Said it all. Including the rep part.
Reply 1529
Original post by Smashedin
Said it all. Including the rep part.

Completely understand what you mean. I'm already finding myself looking at alternate careers before I've even had my Slaughters interview! Need to stop it!
Reply 1530
Original post by ihra24
Thanks! And will do! Flopped all my interviews last yr so fingers crossed this time round!

Same question as we asked Rosey, what have you learnt from your experience last year?

Any advice in general would be great. And in particular, did you find your extracurriculars from last year were now outdated, meaning you had to have done more recent things to show you hadn't stagnated?

Thanks!

X
Reply 1531
Has anyone heard back from tc interviews post-vac schemes?
Hi, I applied for tc to these firms:
Davenport Lyons
Irwin Mitchell
Collyer Bristow
Weil, Gotshal & Manges
Howes Percival
Covington & Burling
Jones Day
Ince &Co
Dorsey & Whitney
Howard Kennedy
DWF
Kennedys

So far, no news other than PFO from DWF... Anyone heard on the others?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by lawyerella
Hi, I applied for tc to these firms:
Davenport Lyons
Irwin Mitchell
Collyer Bristow
Weil, Gotshal & Manges
Howes Percival
Covington & Burling
Jones Day
Ince &Co
Dorsey & Whitney
Howard Kennedy
DWF
Kennedys

So far, no news other than PFO from DWF... Anyone heard on the others

Morning all! I'm braced for another day of PFOs!

I already heard from Weil. I applied in April, and was rejected... about a month ago I think.

Anyone heard from Osborne Clarke?
Reply 1534
PFO from FFW :frown: Was kinda surprised cuz I thought that was one of my better applications. Ah well! Got asked to do a verbal reasoning test by RPC so it seems like they liked my application form at least. Which is weird cuz that one was rubbish.

Still waiting to hear from:
Taylor Wessing
Bristows
Bird & Bird
Olswang
Lewis Silkin

Anyone heard anything?
Howard Kennedy PFO just now... boo

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Penningtons PFO.
Reply 1537
Sorry to hear about this morning's PFOs.

Has anyone heard from:

Jones Day (Applied 16 July)
Kirkland & Ellis (Applied 14 July)
Cleary Gottlieb
Reply 1538
Original post by Paine1
Sorry to hear about this morning's PFOs.

Has anyone heard from:

Jones Day (Applied 16 July)
Kirkland & Ellis (Applied 14 July)
Cleary Gottlieb

Hello~ I applied to K&E around the same time you did, if not later, and got an invite to interview yesterday. I haven't heard from Cleary either.
Reply 1539
CC PFO. Ouch. Things are getting tense now haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending