The Student Room Group

Saudi prince facing rape charges

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Inzamam99
Pity that rates of rapes in Western countries are far higher than those in Arab countries. Didn't think this through did we?

Thats because the west do not jail rape victims, so western women unlike arab women can come forward

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13680409

The hotel worker was jailed in the UAE after reporting she had been raped by fellow employees.

The complainant says Australian consular officials failed to warn her that she could be jailed for adultery if she reported the alleged assault.

She spent eight months in prison for adultery and drinking without a permit.

The 29-year-old woman says she was drugged and raped by work colleagues at the hotel in the Emirate of Fujairah in 2008.

She contacted her consulate for help, and says she received no warning from officials about the risks of making a complaint.

After reporting the incident to police, she was imprisoned until her pardon in March 2009. It is illegal to have sexual relations outside marriage in the UAE.
Reply 21
Slander islam? where does it say anything to do with his religion, he is just an arab prince who happens to be muslim.

so if the paper had an article about a christian raping someone, its just there to slander christianity?
Reply 22
Pity that rates of rapes in Western countries are far higher than those in Arab countries. Didn't think this through did we?

it happens more in arab countries just not known about

spousal rape isnt even illegal in saudi!
Original post by Ventura7
it happens more in arab countries just not known about

spousal rape isnt even illegal in saudi!

How can a husband rape his wife? Are you stupid and left wing?
Reply 24

And look at Pakistan

http://www.soschildrensvillages.org.uk/charity-news/archive/2011/06/pakistan-ranked-third-most-dangerous-country-for-women

Pakistan ranked third most dangerous country for women

http://www.dawn.com/2011/08/09/rape-mutilation-pakistans-tribal-justice-for-women.html

its 2010 report, the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan says almost 800 women were victims of “honour killings” murders aimed at preserving the honour of male relatives and 2,900 women reported raped almost eight a day.

The bulk, or almost 2,600, were raped in Punjab alone, Pakistan’s most populous province.

And the numbers are rising: media reports say crimes against women have risen 18 per cent in the year to May and the human rights commission believes its figures represent only a fraction of the attacks which take place across the country.

Did'nt think this through did we?
(edited 12 years ago)
where was the bit where islam got slandered?

I know. Pity you're not aware of the fact that I was talking about Arab countries and Pakistan is not one of them. Pity also that what I was saying is true and you've attempted and failed to refute it with some completely off the topic link which I've already read.
Original post by Teknik
And look at Pakistan

http://www.soschildrensvillages.org.uk/charity-news/archive/2011/06/pakistan-ranked-third-most-dangerous-country-for-women

Pakistan ranked third most dangerous country for women

http://www.dawn.com/2011/08/09/rape-mutilation-pakistans-tribal-justice-for-women.html

its 2010 report, the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan says almost 800 women were victims of “honour killings” murders aimed at preserving the honour of male relatives and 2,900 women reported raped almost eight a day.

The bulk, or almost 2,600, were raped in Punjab alone, Pakistan’s most populous province.

And the numbers are rising: media reports say crimes against women have risen 18 per cent in the year to May and the human rights commission believes its figures represent only a fraction of the attacks which take place across the country.

Did'nt think this through did we

why you licking womens ass??
Most women sleep around have many sexual partners and as soon as they get raped they cry and make such a big deal as if they were the pure virgin mary!

A virgin getting raped is a big deal but a women who has many sexual partnears has not lost much! and I do not cry for these women.
Reply 28
Original post by I_always_Win
How can a husband rape his wife? Are you stupid and left wing?

how can a husband rape his wife?

Definition: Marital rape is any unwanted sexual acts by a spouse or ex-spouse, committed without consent and/or against a person's will, obtained by force, or threat of force, intimidation, or when a person is unable to consent.
Original post by Teknik
Thats because the west do not jail rape victims, so western women unlike arab women can come forward

The hotel worker was jailed in the UAE after reporting she had been raped by fellow employees.

The complainant says Australian consular officials failed to warn her that she could be jailed for adultery if she reported the alleged assault.

The 29-year-old woman says she was drugged and raped by work colleagues at the hotel in the Emirate of Fujairah in 2008.

She contacted her consulate for help, and says she received no warning from officials about the risks of making a complaint.

After reporting the incident to police, she was imprisoned until her pardon in March 2009. It is illegal to have sexual relations outside marriage in the UAE.

Thanks for the tripe. Do you have some stats or anything relevant which disproves my point?
Reply 30
I know. Pity you're not aware of the fact that I was talking about Arab countries and Pakistan is not one of them. Pity also that what I was saying is true and you've attempted and failed to refute it with some completely off the topic link which I've already read.

I already responded to arab sexual violence, I posted this above -

Thats because the west do not jail rape victims, so western women unlike arab women can come forward, and spouse rape is not even recognized in arab countries

Reply 31
why you licking womens ass??
Most women sleep around have many sexual partners and as soon as they get raped they cry and make such a big deal as if they were the pure virgin mary!

A virgin getting raped is a big deal but a women who has many sexual partnears has not lost much! and I do not cry for these women.

its up to a woman/man who they sleep with.

if they dont want sex with someone, no matter how many partners they have had its still rape.

narrow minded much.
how can a husband rape his wife?

Definition: Marital rape is any unwanted sexual acts by a spouse or ex-spouse, committed without consent and/or against a person's will, obtained by force, or threat of force, intimidation, or when a person is unable to consent.

All these are man made laws!
Laws which can be changed over night!
Use your common sense more and stop licking womens ass!
Reply 33
Thanks for the tripe. Do you have some stats or anything relevant which disproves my point?

Arab Stats cannot be compared with Western stats, for obvious reasons such as

1. Women in Arab countries are disowned for being raped, they are jailed for being raped, and they bring dishonour for being raped. so they do not come forward, therefore they have a vastly lower rate of detection in the middle east

2. Spousal rape is not recognized

3. There is no age of consent in most middle eastern countries so the rape of children is legal in the middle east
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 34

most rape in arab countries is unaccounted for as the women are too scared to speak out, a mans testimony is worth twice a womans there.

and also think of all the spousal rape which occurs, which isnt illegal there.
its up to a woman/man who they sleep with.

if they dont want sex with someone, no matter how many partners they have had its still rape.

narrow minded much.

And I don't give it **** when a slag gets raped!
I am sick of the way it is all over the papers making it like it is the only story in the world!
Reply 36
All these are man made laws!
Laws which can be changed over night!
Use your common sense more and stop licking womens ass!

man made laws? oh another narrow minded muslim, thats all we needed.

prove to me the quran is the word of god.
Reply 37
And I don't give it **** when a slag gets raped!
I am sick of the way it is all over the papers making it like it is the only story in the world!

your mum isnt a virgin, would you say that if she got raped?
Reply 38
your mum isnt a virgin, would you say that if she got raped?

Stop responding to him for **** sake
Original post by Teknik

3. There is no age of consent in most middle eastern countries so the rape of children is legal in the middle east

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Asia

No point arguing with you when you're going to refute established statistics with some random nonsense to be honest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending