Birmingham
Visit website

Welcome/Freshers week

Anybody wants to go to welcome/freshers week in Astons together?:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by antidew

Original post by antidew

It'll be nice to know people beforehand :biggrin: What course are you doing?
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I will be doing Computer science, and you?:smile:
Original post by antidew

Original post by antidew
I will be doing Computer science, and you?:smile:

Psychology :smile:

Looking forward to freshers? :biggrin: I'm a bit nervous, especially as I'm commuting instead of living in halls. :3
Reply 4
I'm a bit nervous too:smile: i'm not living in the halls either, i live 15min away by train from birmingham :smile: i wonder how it goes :biggrin:
Reply 5
Get involved with as much and as many people as you can and you'll have an amazing time!
Reply 6
it's pretty hard unless you live in Aston accommodation :biggrin:
Reply 7
Haha it's not hard you just need to make a little more effort, and it'll definitely pay off!
Reply 8
I'll be commuting as well. I'm also doing Computer Science, so I'll probably see you during enrolment :smile:
Original post by antidew

Original post by antidew
I'm a bit nervous too:smile: i'm not living in the halls either, i live 15min away by train from birmingham :smile: i wonder how it goes :biggrin:

Original post by Yamma
I'll be commuting as well. I'm also doing Computer Science, so I'll probably see you during enrolment :smile:

High five for commuters! :awesome:

I'm coming from Birmingham too, about 40 mins away on the bus :smile:
Reply 10
Commuters rulz! :biggrin:
Can't wait to enrol:cool: Looking forward to Welcome party on 24th but don't know if i'm going, coz i don't know anyone yet :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by antidew
Commuters rulz! :biggrin:
Can't wait to enrol:cool: Looking forward to Welcome party on 24th but don't know if i'm going, coz i don't know anyone yet :biggrin::biggrin:

We have a Welcome Party on the 24th? =O

Original post by antidew

What did you have in mind then? :smile: Maybe a meet up sometime in the week?
Reply 12
Original post by TeaAndSugar
What did you have in mind then? :smile: Maybe a meet up sometime in the week?

I'd be up for that. I think there is a meeting set up for commuters as I got an email today on my Aston Web-mail titled "Not living on Campus? Important information for you!". It said

"We would like to invite you to our Local Student Event, which will take place on Monday 26th September from 1pm-3pm in the Martin Luther King Multi-Faith Centre (located opposite the library). There will be free food and drink and you will be able to meet staff from The Hub Advice Zone as well as your Guild Executive. It will be an informal session for you to meet other students who are living off campus and hopefully in the same area as you giving you the chance to attend the Social events at Aston without having to worry about how to get home safely!"
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Can't go to Freshers but can go to the Welcome Back party.
Original post by Yamma
I'd be up for that. I think there is a meeting set up for commuters as I got an email today on my Aston Web-mail titled "Not living on Campus? Important information for you!". It said

"We would like to invite you to our Local Student Event, which will take place on Monday 26th September from 1pm-3pm in the Martin Luther King Multi-Faith Centre (located opposite the library). There will be free food and drink and you will be able to meet staff from The Hub Advice Zone as well as your Guild Executive. It will be an informal session for you to meet other students who are living off campus and hopefully in the same area as you giving you the chance to attend the Social events at Aston without having to worry about how to get home safely!"

Yeah, I got that e-mail too. It seems good! Glad to know we're not being left out :biggrin: How about we all meet up an hour or so beforehand?

BTW, have you received a fresher's pack and ID through the post? I heard some people have but I haven't got anything :s-smilie:
tsr meet up sometime in the week?
Reply 16
Yeah, I got that e-mail too. It seems good! Glad to know we're not being left out :biggrin: How about we all meet up an hour or so beforehand?

BTW, have you received a fresher's pack and ID through the post? I heard some people have but I haven't got anything :s-smilie:

I've got it a long time ago. You should drop an E-mail to guild president or ISA helpdesk about that.

BTW i got this e-mail too saying that they haven't forgotten about us :biggrin: I will come monday for sure :biggrin:

I'ts a nice idea meeting up beforehand too :smile:

P.S u all British?
Reply 17

Yee I got mine a while ago, it's just a case of finding it lol. I would suggest giving them a call today and see if you can collect one tomorrow.

Original post by antidew

P.S u all British?

I'm a "British Pakistani"

So we're all meeting up tomorrow at 12:00pm? Location?
Reply 18
Original post by Yamma
Yee I got mine a while ago, it's just a case of finding it lol. I would suggest giving them a call today and see if you can collect one tomorrow.

I'm a "British Pakistani"

So we're all meeting up tomorrow at 12:00pm? Location?

I'm not British so i'm little bit shy of the language :biggrin: My compulsory programme event ends at 11am so i've got 2 hours till 1pm :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by antidew
I'm not British so i'm little bit shy of the language :biggrin: My compulsory programme event ends at 11am so i've got 2 hours till 1pm :biggrin:

You'll be fine :smile:. Completely forgot about the compulsory program event, I finish at 11am as well

Quick Reply

Latest